Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You dirty Tease !

Here's a version that I've enhanced a bit:

image.thumb.png.245e3ce93a45fc4f9c2fe310be7506c7.png

I think we can agree this is an LC. Here's a similar angle for comparison:

image.thumb.png.d5d71ed31bf70c77f7f678820b0aebb7.png

Will be interesting to see an LC with the full F treatment. I'm assuming bigger front intakes, different wheels and brakes, quad exhausts and possibly more carbon fibre etc. If we're lucky it will even go further than that with chassis refinements, weight reduction, drivetrain improvements.

• Like 1

Buttttt coz its from racing page, is it just a LC GT-something?

Lexus main pages have been fairly good with recent teases, I was even intrigued by the new RZ450e. At the big 'ol launch where they said 25 (i think) new models, don't think an LC-F was accounted for? Alsoooo didn't the rumour mill kill that car and supposed twin turbo V8 that was also then rumoured to just be used in... racing 😞

IF it does come to fruition, much wantings, current LC's are a bargain but I'd hold out for an F!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Lexus main pages have been fairly good with recent teases, I was even intrigued by the new RZ450e. At the big 'ol launch where they said 25 (i think) new models, don't think an LC-F was accounted for? Alsoooo didn't the rumour mill kill that car and supposed twin turbo V8 that was also then rumoured to just be used in... racing 😞

IF it does come to fruition, much wantings, current LC's are a bargain but I'd hold out for an F!

Agree.

I can't see they'll ever make an LC-F. Shame however.

With the climate the way it is and this increasing pressure to go electric, I can't see V8s holding value.

9 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

With the climate the way it is and this increasing pressure to go electric, I can't see V8s holding value.

Their value is likely to drop, initially, until they become rare enough to be desirable to those who can afford the inevitable high taxes linked to owning/driving them, then as classics their value will rise. Get in now, while prices drop 

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Their value is likely to drop, initially, until they become rare enough to be desirable to those who can afford the inevitable high taxes linked to owning/driving them, then as classics their value will rise. Get in now, while prices drop 

I can’t ever see a Lexus F becoming a classic. Too few people like them.

7 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I can’t ever see a Lexus F becoming a classic. Too few people like them.

Currently but who knows in the future? My comment was more V8s generally though 

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Currently but who knows in the future? My comment was more V8s generally though 

Yep - fair point.

As V8s die, I think I’d search out an old school push rod Yank style.

6 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Maybe. LC F has been rumoured for a while though. I agree it's strange how it's on the racing page and not anywhere else.

So I've scrolled through Instagram and there is no other even hint of a teaser similar to the one above, this does seem to be a first. 

It's also the first F hint since the change of refocus around the 4 F versions. 

They did state that the true new F cars are going to be a bigger track focus, which would make sense to it being teased on the racing page 

Screenshot_20220423-091807.png

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

I have renamed this car the 'Quack Edition'...

That's a far more complimentary name than what I call it.

• Haha 1

A lot of positivity in this thread then! 🤣

I'm trying to remain optimistic. Lexus have shown real innovation when they do decide to pour resources into the F brand.

• Haha 1

I mean if money was no problem and/or I were to take up collecting Lexi, I'd definitely have one.

@Rob RCF I'll remain pessimistic and then be pleasantly surprised for the announcement of an LC F and immediately go to the dealer and pre-order one without telling my soon to be wife 😄

4 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

I mean if money was no problem and/or I were to take up collecting Lexi, I'd definitely have one.

@Rob RCF I'll remain pessimistic and then be pleasantly surprised for the announcement of an LC F and immediately go to the dealer and pre-order one without telling my soon to be wife 😄

I don't know how I'll afford one, maybe start selling my photos of my toes who knows but yes... I will try to figure out how to get one also 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, NemesisUK said:

Hmmm there's something special about those lazy old V8s nothing sounds quite like them 😎

Apparently there are multiple ways of configuring the ignition firing order on a V8 and each has a slightly different sound characteristic!

I’m not sure but I bet Lexus don’t use the same order as Chevy for instance.

standing by to be advised……..👍

From that well known reference source

1-8-7-3-6-5-4-2    Nissan VK engine
1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3    GM LS engine
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2    Chrysler and Dodge V8s, Chevrolet Small-Block engine, Pontiac, Rover V8, Toyota UZ engine
1-6-2-5-8-3-7-4    Straight-8
1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8    Cadillac 368, 425, 472, and 500 V8 engines
1-5-4-8-7-2-6-3    BMW S65
1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2    Ford Modular 5.0, Ford Flathead, Bentley L410 V8 (from 1959 to 1986)
1-5-4-8-3-7-2-6    5.2 L "Voodoo" V8
1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8    Ford Small Block 221/255/260/289/302, FE Series 352/360/390/406/410/427/428, Ford 385 series Big Block 429/460
1-5-3-7-4-8-2-6    Ferrari V8's, (all are flat-plane crank)
1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8    Porsche 928, Ford Modular V-8, 351 Windsor, 5.0 H.O., 335 series (351C/351M/400M), Bentley L410 V8 (from 1987 to present)
1-3-6-8-4-2-7-5    Alfa Romeo 8C
1-2-7-8-4-5-6-3    Holden V8
1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8    Cadillac Northstar Engine

• Like 1

I believe a flat plane crank influences the sound of a V8, my Lotus had a flat plane crank and it just sounded like two four cylinder engines in harmony.

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I believe a flat plane crank influences the sound of a V8, my Lotus had a flat plane crank and it just sounded like two four cylinder engines in harmony.

Merc V8's more recently were a cross plane and then the AMG GT Black Series has a flat plane, which is all the journalists could talk about as it was clearly a point Merc wanted across, not that your average joe probs cared about/ knew the difference 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Apparently there are multiple ways of configuring the ignition firing order on a V8 and each has a slightly different sound characteristic!

I’m not sure but I bet Lexus don’t use the same order as Chevy for instance.

standing by to be advised……..👍

The design of the exhaust manifold in combination with the firing order is what determines the exhaust note I believe.

It's all about the spacing of the exhaust pulses as they come out the exhaust. Just grabbed a picture for reference, I think this is an ISF manifold:

image.thumb.png.a8c3b38b7abbd3fe112eea3ef403a135.png
You can see here the exhaust gasses have much further to travel at the front cylinder vs the back cylinder. So you can kind of visualise how depending on the firing order, exhaust pulses will be rushing down the exhaust at quite uneven intervals, some will be close together, others more spaced out. This irregularity is what gives that distinctive V8 burble or muscle car like sound.

If you have equal length headers then the exhaust pulses will always be evenly spaced and the firing order won't make a difference. This also gives a more constant, higher pitched motorsports-like sound.

I know a lot of people here already know all this, but I thought I'd post for anyone who doesn't know. I thought it was pretty cool the first time it was explained to me.

• Like 2