Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

USB in Boot?

4 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Anyone know if there is a USB socket in the boot?

From page 314 of the manual, it looks like there isn't. Just one below the instrument panel and one on the rear console for the rear passengers.

On 4/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, Sybaris said:

Anyone know if there is a USB socket in the boot?

What do you need it for?

Power output from USB is 5V but the most important thing is that there's no separate fuse protecting the USB circuitry. The USB system seems to be powered and controlled via the multimedia head unit so if you try to draw too much power through it, you may end up damaging the head unit in some way.

Depending on what you want to use it for, it may be an idea to use something like a hardwire kit for a dashcam, which would connect to a 12V supply (that would be fuse protected) and step it down to 5V.

12 hours ago, Sybaris said:

A small gps tracker.  I was going to run the cable from there 

I've got a Rewire Security DB2 installed in my RX and it works on a voltage range of 10V-30V, not 5V as would be output from a USB connection, so just confirm the voltage requirements of your chosen unit and make sure that a USB will do it.

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

Yes there is.

image.png.fbfcc4f69af7b7d90da9d370dbde6d3f.png

Thanks you, I was getting worried for a moment that there was no accessory socket.

It looks the same as is fitted to the RX so I can continue to use my adapter when I need USB power in the boot.

https://uk.anker.com/products/a2727?currency=GBP&variant=37339902836900&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=uk_anker_charger_conversion_shopping_allproducts_purchase_ost_pla&utm_content=allproducts&utm_term={16517434212}_{135084880315}_{586864340819}&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rT19t6x9wIV0d_tCh1GtA-bEAQYASABEgKdKvD_BwE