Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad that NX450h doesn’t provide 230v socket in boot while RAV4 does

3 hours ago, Chance521 said:

Could be very useful for Campers:)

A9C9B5BD-C84A-4015-A5C5-0A9FF2F2F5E2.thumb.jpeg.dcfc386d8bc87d57d45021d4005ebdb6.jpeg

I agree, could be useful. A recent Channel 5 programme on 'Should I buy an electric car?' featured a Kia that was powering an electric fondue plate where the demonstrator was cooking meat and rice. Not sure if that was 230V but it certainly looked useful to be able to power certain items from the car.

• Like 1

12v DC to 240v AC inverters are inexpensive if you really want 240v output from the car - you do have to be careful not to draw too much current though (which I assume would be same for the inbuilt one). 

Just now, wharfhouse said:

12v DC to 240v AC inverters are inexpensive if you really want 240v output from the car - you do have to be careful not to draw too much current though (which I assume would be same for the inbuilt one). 

As Harrier said, the inbuilt 230v socket  can be used for cooking(1000w or even more), however the 12v socket may only support up to 150w 

Be Careful that the NX 12v socket only supports a total of 120w:

“The power outlet can be used to supply power for devices which operate on 12VDC at less than 10A (power consumption of 120 W).
When connecting multiple devices, make sure that the total power consumption of all the connected devices is less than 120 W.”

• Thanks 1