Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS460 Version I

Axeboy

Lexus GS460 4.6V8 Version I 8 Speed Auto in Pearl White (Japanese Import)

72000 miles, still in daily use and may go up, serviced and MOT’d, this was a Grade 4 in Japan.

Fully UK registered but does come with Japanese books and history which doesnt normally happen, but only 1 key.

I imported this myself last year but we had a new family member arrive at the same time so Ive not really had a chance to get this one done to the same level as I normally do. Drives very well, I do love it but its surplus to requirements and time! Ivory (Beige?) leather interior well-appointed with all of the usual luxuries. The JDM NAV all works although the maps of course are useless. Full climate etc, AUX-in and all the other bits you would expect. Speedo now in miles, ODO updated to reflect and sitting at around 72k. Parking sensors front and rear as well as a reversing camera, usual GS equipment levels really. It does have switchable sports suspension and a sunroof, not sure if those are standard for this model or not.

Bodywork colour differences between plastics and metal as per pic which is the main downside. Some marks, chips etc being a 15 year old car. Mechanically very good, drives very smooth and quiet. The discs and pads could do with being replaced, a full set of drilled and grooved discs and pads all round are £250. This was my next thing to do but it has got better in use, i think they are pitted from sitting on the boat from Japan plus little use with my new-born in Nov arriving. 

If I had to guess, I reckon it had a bodykit on it in Japan and they put the old stored front and rear bumpers back on for sale.

Being used as a daily driver currently though. I'll get more pics for those interested in due course but the weather isnt too great today.

Open to comments on value, taking an educated guess that £5950 is about right for this, but please do advise.

Based not too far from Glasgow

278156210_5326904337361735_1129171361499538829_n.jpg

• Like 3

Wow! Brings back nice memories as I was lucky enough to own a GS460 back in the days! Black with cream, fantastic machine, ultra rare and still miss it now…..

1 hour ago, Malc said:

how was your experience finding an insurer ?

Malc

No issues at all, just used Admiral. As it was also a UK model I think its just the same, its not something obscure for them

that's brilliant Scott coz there's no GS460s at all on Autoraider right now ........  not that I'm really tempted :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Hah 🙂

Any feedback on pricing? Thinking its about right given the body/brakes but a really good base

I forgot to add it has a new set of Vredestein tyres all round.

Some better pics after a very quick wash:

20220426_111243.jpg

20220426_111255.jpg

20220426_111301.jpg

20220426_111311.jpg

20220426_111327.jpg

• Like 2

Nice pics, I think only 17 sold in total in UK! I had the penultimate one.  So rare that many Lexus dealers don’t know what they are.

One came up for sale on AT last year and sold v quickly so good job you found one the other side of the globe! 

Is the rfl same on imports? 

Im not sure what UK GS460's are on Tax but all imports get classed at fixed rates which do generally work out better on the more powerful/larger engines

I'll need to check but I think this is around £300 for a year

IIRC there are only 2 tax rates for imports, under 1500cc and over 1500cc, it was £280.00 but went up to £295.00 in the budget.

Just renewed mine but a UK spec model would cost you £630.00 plus the budget increase.

That is quite a saving in rfl on buying an import then. 

I remember well the extortionate rfl on my GS 460, then I bought a new GS300h which had a paltry rfl of only £20 but no V8!

Small update. Bought a full set of discs and pads (grooved & drilled). Will have these fitted asap. One thing off the list 🙂

• Like 1

If it just needs a little tidy up + sat nav sorting then I would say £6k would be very good value with such low mileage. At that price I could be tempted to have 2. 🙂  

• Like 1

With that mileage, I would say a UK car in good condition, fsh with no issues would be worth perhaps £12k+ 

Mine is black with cream interior, 125k miles and it's difficult to think of anything that could replace it for less than £10k. It's quick comfortable, practical, understated and incredibly rare. Not as sharp, sporty or collectable as a 'common' ISF but a much better ride. 😊

Im open to offers and would prefer it went to a Club member, price drop to £5450

Appreciate the feedback above 🙂

• Like 1

if I wasn't entirely happy with my Ls400 I would possibly be " biting your hand off " ....  and it would be another 1000 mile round trip too :whistling:

something rare and unusual with all the oomph and power with only, probably,  on-going simple maintenance costs save the known preventative stuff in due course .......  suspension and cambelt etc BUT hey, that's probably years down the line at this stage in your car's life expectancy

Good luck with the sale ............... it's always the cars I would like are based in Scotland 

Malc

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Malc said:

btw ............  is it air suspension ?

Malc

It's sports adjustable suspension but not air. I'm tempted as it would make a very nice project. 

Appreciated. Good question. I dont think it does have air, i think its conventional shocks with sports option on the button

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil E said:

as it would make a very nice project.

for  ???

If I was to buy it then it would just become a very useable daily car ..............  with the reliabilty and longevity that I'm used to hopefully :unsure:

Back seats so rarely get used I find ...  looks enough legroom for ordinary pax  ........  is it a limo comfy and soft ride like the Ls400 do you know ?

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

for  ???

If I was to buy it then it would just become a very useable daily car ..............  with the reliabilty and longevity that I'm used to hopefully :unsure:

Back seats so rarely get used I find ...  looks enough legroom for ordinary pax  ........  is it a limo comfy and soft ride like the Ls400 do you know ?

Malc

Comfy yes, (less so in sports mode) but not quite like an LS.....nothing is. 😎 

A 'project' as it needs some paint, an audio/sat-nav map conversion/upgrade and maybe one or two other little things but I probably wouldn't stop there.🙂 

Scott  ....  are the dials, knobs and levers and screen pixel readouts in Japanese still ?

The sat nav of course ......  and the radio too ?

Does the speedo in miles now relate to the kms at the MOT time ?  did u get a replacement speedo or was there some sort of existing conversion achievable ?

Thanks

You can see you have whetted my appetite even tho' you're nigh on 500 miles from me in Kent :whistling:

Malc

Hi there

Its a mix, basically the map related items are in Japanese but the rest in primarily in english, climate/radio etc etc.

I used google translate to navigate some of the options, like which screen to stick to, but otherwise I have no need for the Japanese text. I also used google translate to add my phone to the system. Before I got the car I assumed id swap the unit but to be honest, i didnt see the need in the end as functionally other than maps, it worked fine, climate and stereo basically. The radio uses a different band on FM, so it goes as high as Radio 2, I have a band expander here but never bothered to fit it as I was happy enough with it as it is. 

Speedo and ODO are both in miles, I converted those and it kept the original dials etc, I didnt want anything to be done to the dials. Sometimes people add a sticker over the KM's, I just left it looking completely as is. 

On the pic below, this isnt a pic from my car, I just found this pic on Google, basically it shows the upper buttons in Japanese and the lower in English (Stereo underneath is english too):

5363908_carP_l_6_jpg20220321-1535-y83bqw.jpg

Scott

Thank you for that detail .......... can you please send me piccys of both your speedo / ODO and your own car dials .........  the dash, both just with ignition " on " showing the red lights  on before firing ......... and then when running too please ............  and also YOUR car piccy of the above that you've got from Google 

I'm whetted for sure !

Malc