Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car back after re spray

Localhero

It's looking good, got a real shine with it. If it is as good close up I bet you are well chuffed!

White walls, mudflaps and boot racks aren't my thing but if it floats your boat then crack on mate!

Hope to see you at the next meet!

Anthony 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the classic theme, I can't remember anyone else taking the car in that direction and the shape does lend itself to it. The white band on the tyres looks smart, works well with those multi-spoke wheels and that lovely blue paintwork does look good. 👍

Does the luggage rack create much wind noise? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Like the classic theme, I can't remember anyone else taking the car in that direction and the shape does lend itself to it. The white band on the tyres looks smart, works well with those multi-spoke wheels and that lovely blue paintwork does look good. 👍

Has an MGB roadster vibe to it….yet much more reliable 😎😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bob King said:

👍Has an MGB roadster vibe to it….yet much more reliable 😎😎

Thanks all for comments I do know its not everyone's  taste 😀and as for mgb I was hoping for more porsche 356 unfortunately i am not an oilygark so have to save up for one of those 👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 25/04/2022 at 11:40 PM, Neil E said:

Tbh not so far and I have had roof down but have been driving a bit more cautiously  with fuel prices, I have 300 mile round trip on Saturday virtually all motorway so will let you know😇

• Like 1

On 29/04/2022 at 6:48 PM, The-Acre said:

Looks absolutely stunning, although the car is almost outclassed by the poser dog!

Thanks very much in order of preference its my dog Molly , my car and my wife, just as an aside did a 400 mile round trip at weekend already got a couple of  minor stone chips, used std power setting going 31.5mpg used sports mode coming back 30.5mpg!! also no discernable wind noise from bootrack🤞Stew

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Localhero said:

Thanks very much in order of preference its my dog Molly , my car and my wife, just as an aside did a 400 mile round trip at weekend already got a couple of  minor stone chips, used std power setting going 31.5mpg used sports mode coming back 30.5mpg!! also no discernable wind noise from bootrack🤞Stew

Excellent, amazing MPG from a V8!  Give Molly a pat from me and regards to your wife!  That's a stunning looking car you have, but I must resist buying a second car again, although it's tempting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Excellent, amazing MPG from a V8!  Give Molly a pat from me and regards to your wife!  That's a stunning looking car you have, but I must resist buying a second car again, although it's tempting!

Best I ever saw was 33mpg, that was a 2 x 120 mile run to a car show and back home 😎

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Best I ever saw was 33mpg, that was a 2 x 120 mile run to a car show and back home 😎

When we did a Euro road trip in the LS430 we got 35mpg on one autobahn stretch at normal speeds, but that wasn't fun so it was short lived!

• Like 1

Hopefully a mod will be along shortly to remove some of these fictitious V8 economy figures. 😉

I get 26 normally and 28 on a long clear run.  

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

That's one I can verify and 33mpg could have been the tie-breaker for the trophy as I recall the judges said there was nothing to choose between your SC and the ultra-low mileage winner.

I know I'm repeating myself but the white band on the tyres really does work with the wheels on that car. I can't remember anyone else doing it here, in Japan or in the US and yet it works so well. 😎

• Like 1

You guys do well 👏

I only achieve 17 on my local runs which are stop start, up and down hills, also short with a cold engine barely getting warm (that's my excuse but a heavy right foot may have a bearing on it).

On a run this only goes up to mid to late 20's but these are not motorways but frequently drivers roads.

Despite that no-one buys a 4.3 V8 and expects economy, well I certainly didn't. Its well worth it as it makes me smile every time I go out in it.

Ant

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neil E said:

Hopefully a mod will be along shortly to remove some of these fictitious V8 economy figures. 😉

I get 26 normally and 28 on a long clear run.  

That's one I can verify and 33mpg could have been the tie-breaker for the trophy as I recall the judges said there was nothing to choose between your SC and the ultra-low mileage winner.

I know I'm repeating myself but the white band on the tyres really does work with the wheels on that car. I can't remember anyone else doing it here, in Japan or in the US and yet it works so well. 😎

It's worth pointing out Neil, I've sat in your car with you driving and I'm surprised you even get double figures!😁

• Haha 1

Phil, I'm tempted to offer you a South coast 'economy run' in the GS460 next but best we get this thread back on topic before I'm forced to 'fess-up' to past Lexus meeting misdeeds of which Bob could tell you about a few. 

So Stu, is your fab blue roadster now set up the way you want it with nothing more to do? It looks 'show ready.' 👍

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 2:03 PM, Neil E said:

Phil, I'm tempted to offer you a South coast 'economy run' in the GS460 next but best we get this thread back on topic before I'm forced to 'fess-up' to past Lexus meeting misdeeds of which Bob could tell you about a few. 

So Stu, is your fab blue roadster now set up the way you want it with nothing more to do? It looks 'show ready.' 👍

Yes I think it is, 🤔 don't really want to spend any more on it, I have already spent too much on it about £6k over purchase price, so I will never get it back not that that bothers me its a keeper for now, never been happy with the wheels a bit cheap  but like the look and couldn't afford genuine bbs, my wealthy brother just bought a  5yr old porsche 911 and let me drive it but has had a few problems and the Porsche dealer has not been overly supportive with him they offered him £8k less than he paid 6mths ago eeeek! 🤔

• Like 2

Hi Guys 

Just got my front bumper painted and it looks great!

20220505_081053.thumb.jpg.13b9474b5da75556f47f91981dce008c.jpg

Note that the old large UK number plate carrier has been replaced by a USA spec one which is much smaller.

This required the two square holes filling and then a full paint.

20220423_124313.thumb.jpg.9c3d1e904a54c6cfe556d51b45936152.jpg

20220503_150043.thumb.jpg.d311a707ed13165c80145bcdfad2e3df.jpg

20220504_103426.thumb.jpg.08e8357d5cc8f5fd75872543251b385b.jpg

Well worth the expense to reduce the gorky front end, but it's a work in progress!

• Like 3

I started driving when thin whitewalls were fairly commonplace and were seen on everything from Ford Anglia's to Roll Royce's, the latter fitting them well into the 1990s. I've always wondered what they would look like on my black LS400. What make are they and where did you get them?

• Like 2

On 06/05/2022 at 4:50 PM, Howplum said:

I started driving when thin whitewalls were fairly commonplace and were seen on everything from Ford Anglia's to Roll Royce's, the latter fitting them well into the 1990s. I've always wondered what they would look like on my black LS400. What make are they and where did you get them?

They are my standard tyres with the whitewalls added I had  them done by a company called Mr Whitewalls in Stafford which you can easily Google however I will post a link and some info shortly you can have a 3/4 inch ring for £130 all 4,👍 extra £20 if you arrive in your car as he will have to remove them takes just over an hour 

• Like 1