Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

300e 2022 Test Drive

Had a 7500 mile Takumi  as my Courtesy car yesterday & here is my latest thoughts.

1. The Boot contained 2 charging cables where 1 looked heavy duty with a large gismo In Line.

2. Silver with Black interior. The Grey 2022 e looked inviting but that was not for me.

3.The car is beautiful to drive & too car-like to be described as a SUV.

4. 30 miles with speed up to 80mph where wind noise dominates.

5.Would love one if the Range wasn't so compromised & the price was lower for a pre-Pandemic second car to my Trans-Continental NX that has struggled to reach 2500 miles in the last year.

6.If the 2022 revision does improve Range I might be tempted & run just 1 E car or take over my Babes Aygo Auto X which has been in Zeebrugge for weeks

7.The dealership was as quiet as a Church vault.

Tel

• Like 2

Hi Tel,

Many thanks for your thoughts. I'd agree about the charging cables. 'My' (company car) is a Takumi, mercury grey with black interior. I needed to make a colour choice quite quickly and although it's a bit dark inside, opening the sunroof blind helps.

Yes, it is great to drive and I don't think you feel as if you step up into it like other SUV's. In colder weather the kw/h has been 3.1, when it's warmer, up to 3.8+. I can appreciate how the range may be an issue for some as it's not huge but it's all right for me. Once the cost was ok, it was a balance between a longer range and the dealer customer service if things went awry- that LED to Lexus!

I guess the 2022 revision may make it look more like the new model NX, (Lexus spelt across the tailgate etc). Longer range would be good but I guess they think the RZ450e would be the option then.

The last time I visited our nearest dealer (who supplied and delivered the car) they had some used cars in the showroom, a IS300h and an SC430, both looked like new. 

Best wishes,

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links