Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This morning I found that the two front windows on the car were open about a quarter of the way down. Not only that but a sparrow had flown into the car & pooped everywhere (well - all over the dashboard). It was still alive & flew off quite happily when I opened the doors. I had a similar experience about a month ago when I found the car with all the windows wide open. I am absolutely positive that I never left the car with the windows open on either occasion. Is it possible that the remote key fob has at sometime been programmed that by pressing the buttons the windows will open - something that could happen with the keys in my pocket? I am also concerned that the sparrow did not set off the alarm system.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome. The car is a 2010 is250C with 32k on the clock. I have owned it since February this year.

1 hour ago, Ullager said:

This morning I found that the two front windows on the car were open about a quarter of the way down. Not only that but a sparrow had flown into the car & pooped everywhere (well - all over the dashboard). It was still alive & flew off quite happily when I opened the doors. I had a similar experience about a month ago when I found the car with all the windows wide open. I am absolutely positive that I never left the car with the windows open on either occasion. Is it possible that the remote key fob has at sometime been programmed that by pressing the buttons the windows will open - something that could happen with the keys in my pocket? I am also concerned that the sparrow did not set off the alarm system.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome. The car is a 2010 is250C with 32k on the clock. I have owned it since February this year.

If it's like most cars, holding the unlock button down will open the windows, is it possible you had the key in your pocket and the button was pressed without you realising?  Was the car unlocked when you discovered the windows open?

• Like 1

Have you had Battery replaced or disconnected recently? This is likely the cause of not resetting windows.

I had my own "experience" when I found car with all windows fully open in middle of surprise summer storm. Luckily for me we stopped to buy towels on the way to the beach so I had plenty to wipe the seats with. If windows are not reset after Battery replacement, they could do something completely random and silly like that - just open all the way without any reason. 

The procedure to reset is simply to use each individual door window controls and fully open them, then fully close them. It being IS250C you only have 2 doors to worry about.

Pressing the Unlock button on the remote for 3 seconds can ( if programmed in LPS) roll down all windows & Moonroof ( if fitted) and consequently pressing Lock button for 3 seconds will Close windows/ moonroof.

LPS ( Lexus Personal Settings ) can be set by Dealer at Service time or by using TechStream.

CCFB9997-E1B1-4D9F-9626-ABC1BC8E014E.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ullager said:

As has already been mentioned, the culprit could be inadvertently pressing the unlock button on the key fob.  This is what my Manual has to say on the subject.

Wireless remote control

LOCK SYMBOL

1 Locks all the doors
Press and hold to close the windows and moon roof.*
          IS250_EE(OM53B11E

UNLOCK SYMBOL 
2 Unlocks all the doors
Press and hold to open the windows and moon roof.*
*: These settings must be customized at any authorized Lexus dealer or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional.

Many thanks for your replies. As I always keep the keys in my trouser pocket it could well be that the key fob buttons are being pressed when I sit down, for example. Presumably, the sparrow didn't set off the alarm as the unlock button must have been pressed.

Will have to take more care in future (& read the handbook!).

Hi ,I agree with the above replies , my 250C has not been re programmed  to set this facility so the windows do not operate in this way.I suggest you try the press and hold to see if yours works in this way ,because if it does not the problem must lie elsewhere

Regards Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links