Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Climate control tips for newbie please.

WearLexus

Hi, still a few cold nights up north! Compared to most other cars I’ve owned I’m finding it difficult to heat up the interior without temperature settings of 25.5 or higher and the blower on 4 bars or higher. Most other cars, like our present Toyota, are warming up nicely at 22.5. I do have heated seats but the settings for the climate control seem a bit severe to get a bit of heat going. I know the temperature settings may not be close to being accurate too. Is this a trait of the CT200h or hybrids in general? Any hints or tips or suggested settings greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 minute ago, WearLexus said:

Hi, still a few cold nights up north! Compared to most other cars I’ve owned I’m finding it difficult to heat up the interior without temperature settings of 25.5 or higher and the blower on 4 bars or higher. Most other cars, like our present Toyota, are warming up nicely at 22.5. I do have heated seats but the settings for the climate control seem a bit severe to get a bit of heat going. I know the temperature settings may not be close to being accurate too. Is this a trait of the CT200h or hybrids in general? Any hints or tips or suggested settings greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Never put mine higher than 24. if you want to take the chill off use the heated seats while the cabin warms up.

48 minutes ago, WearLexus said:

Climate Control is a 'set and forget' thing. You simply set the cabin temperature to whatever you want, press the 'Auto' button and the car takes care of everything to achieve and maintain that temperature for you.

When you start from cold there will be a short delay before any air starts to blow and when it does, it'll come from the footwell area. Hot air rises so it's the quickest way of warming up the cabin. Similarly, on a hot summer's day when you start the car, it will blow air from high-level vents first so that it cools on its way down.

What symptoms are you seeing that makes you think it's not working properly?

• Like 3

I just think the settings seem high to achieve just a little warmth even after 20 mins running. I changed the cabin filter yesterday thinking it might help the air flow because the original one was pretty dirty...not due for service 4 until July on it’s 4th birthday. I will try the auto setting in the morning. Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WearLexus said:

I just think the settings seem high to achieve just a little warmth even after 20 mins running. I changed the cabin filter yesterday thinking it might help the air flow because the original one was pretty dirty...not due for service 4 until July on it’s 4th birthday. I will try the auto setting in the morning. Thank you.

I would agree that you should not be waiting 20 minutes to notice a rise in warmth, mine never takes more than a couple of minutes and the heated seats cover that period. However I always leave the system on Auto and let it do its job. Try that first, if still the same get it checked out.

Air condition is keeping the car dry even in wet winter months and though it is costing a bit in fuel it is worth it.

Here in summer we have temp setting on 25° C in order not to have too big a difference to going out from a cold car to our rather high daily temperature. Too big difference between in- and out-temperature can get some people to get sick.

• Like 1

Climate control is a great feature on the cars and in Lexus it works exceptional, mine is always set at 21C even during winter times and the car does all itself. 1st thing that I noticed when I moved from diesel BMW that my GS heats up 3-4 times quicker and that is considering it has a bigger engine than a bimmer. Yes, I know that Lexus uses Atkinson cycle and is a petrol but the difference was noticeable on a 1st ride to work! 

Maybe changing interior filter will work for you, but I would leave the car in Auto mode and see how it copes.

• Like 1

I would usually turn the heated seat on and use 'Auto' set to 21.

My CT takes less than 5 minutes to warm up, even on the coldest days.

The aircon / heater in the CT works better than any other car I have owned.

• Like 3