Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charging equipment supplied with 450H+ ?

Hi All,

I'm picking up my (2 month old demonstrator) NX 450H+ tomorrow. What charging kit should I expect to get with the car?

My A3 e-tron came with the 13amp 'granny' charger and captive Type 2 ended lead, plus a separate Type 2 to Type 2 cable to plug into charging stations.

Thanks

Hi when I picked mine up last month I got a 5m cable to use at untethered public sites and a trickle home charger to use at home. Full charge at home takes about 8 hours and public site about 2 hours at at 20kw site. If you get a home charging point installed, which I'd recommend it takes about 2 hours to charge from flat. My electric tarrif is 18p per unit so it costs me 2.50 to charge the car. Loving it so far, best car I ever bought. Hope you enjoy your new car, any questions just let me know as I have read the manual cover to cover and spent a while setting it all up! 

25 minutes ago, dts439 said:

Hi All,

I'm picking up my (2 month old demonstrator) NX 450H+ tomorrow. What charging kit should I expect to get with the car?

My A3 e-tron came with the 13amp 'granny' charger and captive Type 2 ended lead, plus a separate Type 2 to Type 2 cable to plug into charging stations.

Thanks

I haven't got my car yet but my dealer told me that I would get 2 cables; the 'granny' lead and the Type 2 lead (as you had with your A3). Both leads are 5m long.

• Like 2

Thanks Kenny & Malcom.  I always put the A3 in the garage on charge when after use so should not be too much of a problem, though a charging point would be useful (especially if we end up with a full EV as 2nd car). The A3 has a Battery half the size of the NX and it normally takes 3-4 hours from empty.

I downloaded the manual last night and its quite a tome.

Off topic, but I was hoping for Home link for my garage door but did not see it...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links