Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All - I have a Lexus IS250 and the trim below the glove box has completely come away. I tried bluetak but that did not last long. I dont know if access to it will be needed to change filters or anything which is why i have not used strong glue or epoxy.

Any suggestions on the easiest fix for this? Do i just need to get those little clips that you can see in one of the pictures, where do i get them from?

If the area is not needed to access to anything them i assume super glue or epoxy will hold it in place for a long time.

Any other suggestions welcome.
Thanks!

PXL_20220423_112711269.thumb.jpg.57a5c774fda3eac384c5d72f7ea8c18e.jpgPXL_20220423_112615322.thumb.jpg.c68d8b3bd7cab64e4fda8d11a4a8ea26.jpgPXL_20220423_112601136.thumb.jpg.9607fb8becf20dbd027e8b04c825be90.jpgPXL_20220423_112719995.thumb.jpg.7f75e1695065a470dbe0777c68035a8c.jpg

The clips should hold it on their own, but it is good question where to get them... I have few missing as well and don't know myself. 

As for the access - there are many things under the dash and this panel would need to be removed before removing dash to access them (like heater, immobiliser, fans etc.), but nothing that I would call "service" items. Cabin filter is accessed through the panel in the glovebox. In short - if clips doesn't hold it then it would be safe to epoxy it, because it is likely you won't need to have it removed for many years if ever at all.

Some velcro could be a good option too, I've only had to remove this for running some cables for a replacement head unit / dash cam and accessing some ECUS and cables so for most people you dont need to access this often. 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:20 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Those kind of clips are generic and you'll find very similar on ebay. 

Hi - Any idea how i fit them? Not even sure what to search for on youtube as a guide?
Huge thanks!

Pics 1 and 2 show a plastic lug that sticks out yes? Locate that trim into its position and note where the lugs meet the metal bar and you should see square holes. The clips push into the square holes and are held by friction. The plastic lugs of the trim push into the clips and the trim stays where it should. Hope that makes sense. 

If it’s not apparent with new clips in hand and broken item in front of you then I suggest that you get a ‘mechanic’ to do it or you are quite likely to break something else!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links