Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pearl...Sonic White/ Eminent White question.

WearLexus

Hi, I have a CT200h, had it for nearly 2 weeks now and love it. On giving it my first full wash, polish and protect. I’ve noticed really, really tiny brown rust like specs in the paint finish...I’m sure the car is Sonic (pearl) White...I’m convinced it’s not rust in the body panels because it’s on the (plastic) bumpers too. Anyone else noticed the same on their car? I also see blueish/purple/pink flecks in the paint when in the sun but I’d say that’s normal. Thanks.

Sorry, just noticed that my car could be Eminent White Pearl. My service book says Sonic White 00 85 but online research says Eminent White is 00 85. On the passenger side (left) front door frame where there’s the vin number etc. I see a code 0 85. Confused.

Has it been parked near a railway line?

In the early ,80s I had a Lancia Delta new as company car and shortly after getting it,I noticed similar.Immediate thoughts were it was a rusty Italian special,but it transpired that I had left it in along term car park at Gatwick,right next to a railway line for 2 weeks and the garage reckoned it was iron brake dust from the trains.A quick machine polish solved the problem and it never reappeared..whilst I had it.

Mind you,with Lancia,s reputation for rustproofing I,m glad it wasn,t my money tied up in it.

Thanks for your replies. I’ve just read about Iron X and seen videos on YouTube, looks like it could be the answer, has anyone here used it? I don’t have an address for the previous owner which might have given me a clue to where it was kept. I remember it used to be shown on the log book but that seems to have stopped now or is there a different way to get that information? Thanks again guys.

23 minutes ago, WearLexus said:

Thanks for your replies. I’ve just read about Iron X and seen videos on YouTube, looks like it could be the answer, has anyone here used it? I don’t have an address for the previous owner which might have given me a clue to where it was kept. I remember it used to be shown on the log book but that seems to have stopped now or is there a different way to get that information? Thanks again guys.

The car is Sonic White in the UK paint code 085. It has different names in other markets hence the confusion.

The information you're after has been removed from the V5C due to data protection laws. It may be on service documentation however so see if you can find anything on there.

The other option is to check the MOT history here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Then click on "view test location" and itll ask you to put the V5C number in. Itll give you a broad idea of where it was kept.

In terms of Iron X, its good but overpriced. There are loads of fallout removers out there. I use this one. Double the size and very effective with free postage.

https://detailedonline.co.uk/products/iron-fallout-remover-500ml?_pos=1&_sid=9dacf3d39&_ss=r&variant=7560584593463

You will get through a lot of it with a white car. 

The other thing youll need is a clay bar

Bilt Hamber Korrosol is another good fallout remover and also comes in a 1L bottle.

It doesn't really matter where the car is or has been kept previously. These particles are mostly the result of you, and other cars around you using their brakes, so they're pretty-much inevitable. They're just more noticeable on a light-coloured car.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It seems that everybody were so interested in solving the paint question that nobody took the time to say welcome.

You are in the right forum for getting answers to all kind of problems, no matter the size of these, so congratulation choosing a well built car.

• Like 2

Just make sure you wash the car properly then apply it watch the car turn purple and wash off! Don’t let it dry on the car, it’s also good on your wheels too as I have used it on mine. 

where are you roughly in Tyne and Wear? 

9 minutes ago, WearLexus said:

I’m on the outskirts of Sunderland, towards Chester le Street.

Will keep an eye out since there are not many CT200h around here. I’m over South Shields Way but always on the A19 and A1 

Yes, I’ll look out for you too 😊

We were out around Northumberland yesterday and spotted five Porsche Boxsters, a couple of Maserati’s but not one other CT200h, no taste some folks 😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links