Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h solar trickle charger?

Hi 

I am just waiting for my is300h to be ready to pick up next weekend.

after reading many of the posts on the group I have seen the issues regarding the 12v Battery. I am about to have a baby in June and a cesarian section which means I won’t be able to drive the car for 6 weeks. My husband may be able to do a little but he will be using his van to commute. 
I am worried about causing an issue with the weak Battery.

my dad uses a solar panel that plugs into his 12v power supply in the car to keep his old car charged a bit.

would this be enough to keep a IS mildly charged lol and Is there a brand etc I should be looking at?

if not I would look at a proper trickle charger for a while but also does it matter which brand or will any off amazon do? 
thanks 

nicole

4 hours ago, Nickyt211 said:

if not I would look at a proper trickle charger for a while but also does it matter which brand or will any off Amazon do? 

Congratulations and all the very best with both your new babies, Nicole.

No personal experience with solar panels, although I have read that some may not actually deliver the output they claim.

However, you can’t go wrong with a trickle charger which will, after all, work just as efficiently all through the night!

I have a CTEK and while you can find cheaper, you’ll not find better.  They can also be left connected as they cannot overcharge the Battery.  Incidentally, the charger should come with a lead that will connect to the Battery posts and has a plug on the end. 
This plugs into another lead from the charger, so you never have to touch the actual Battery again.

All the best.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links