Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have ordered my NX in Fuji Red but I haven't seen a real car in this colour. The only guide I have is from the website but I have no idea if this is a good approximation or not. Life more difficult as computer monitors vary greatly in their ability to faithfully reproduce true colour. I haven't seen any videos or still shots from testers driving a red car; save, possibly, one Australian report that may or may not have been an NX in Fuji Red.

Has anyone seen this colour? Is it a cherry red or a deep red? Please tell me it looks good!

Ah, life is such an adventure into the unknown 😉

8 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I have ordered my NX in Fuji Red but I haven't seen a real car in this colour. The only guide I have is from the website but I have no idea if this is a good approximation or not. Life more difficult as computer monitors vary greatly in their ability to faithfully reproduce true colour. I haven't seen any videos or still shots from testers driving a red car; save, possibly, one Australian report that may or may not have been an NX in Fuji Red.

Has anyone seen this colour? Is it a cherry red or a deep red? Please tell me it looks good!

If I'm not mistaken by what I've seen, it's a slightly brighter red compared to the (cherry) Red you can find on RC300h for example. 

4 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I understand your concerns. I have ordered my NX350h Takumi with Hazel interior without seeing it in real life. The colours on the lexus website/brochure look a lot darker than images / youtube videos I have seen from owners, but encouraging comments from members on here have given me confidence that I made the right choice.

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

Does this help Malcolm ? https://www.facebook.com/lexusscotland/videos/566288750752491/

Thanks guys. I watched the video (although I found the synthetic, computerised commentary completely out of keeping with the 'hand-crafted' image of a Lexus). The Youtube page had links to other videos of red NX and I watched these too.

Only one referred to the colour by name, "Redline" and when I went on the US Lexus site and built a US spec NX, I chose Redline and here, on my laptop, side by side, Redline looked a different shade of red to the Fuji red model on the UK site. A trick of the light? Down to the photography? The interiors of the videos were different to the UK spec too, confirming that the video above (a LHD drive model) is from a different country.

Do Lexus have the same colours across the world with different names? Or are there different shades for different countries?

11 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Do Lexus have the same colours across the world with different names? Or are there different shades for different countries?

Same colours, different names but the same codes.

• Like 2

My neighbour has the red on a UX and I really like it.   I would have had it in a heartbeat but the wife didn’t want red again 🙄.  The beauty of red cars is that they look superb when clean and the beauty of it on a Lexus is that it’s free.   

You did good. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Don C said:

My neighbour has the red on a UX and I really like it.   I would have had it in a heartbeat but the wife didn’t want red again 🙄.  The beauty of red cars is that they look superb when clean and the beauty of it on a Lexus is that it’s free.   

You did good. 

Thanks Don, makes me smile and happy. Who can ask for more than that?

• Like 1

I strongly considered Fuji red (which is a bright red) but having chosen the Hazel interior I didn't reckon that the colour combo was appropriate so stuck with the Graphite metallic. Think the Fuji red is a stunning colour for a NX and as has already been said looks fantastic when polished.

I ordered an RC in Sonic Red with clove (a rich cream colour) way back in 2016. It was the first the dealership had taken and all were curious to how it would look.

Well fantastic was the answer! Very Ferrari as one traffic cop told me, I had more complimentary comments whilst in that car than any previously, or since. Don't shy from the red/cream combo, looks amazing!!

Have you checked to configurator for other Lexus models in Fuji Red?

You could also check the second section and search for cars in that colour?

Or google it: try this

All these various pics should hopefully give you some idea. Dealerships used to have painted samples for viewing... is this not the case anymore?

It is a bright red. It is also a non-metallic, i.e. solid, or flat colour, but I guess you know that already.

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Have you checked to configurator for other Lexus models in Fuji Red?

You could also check the second section and search for cars in that colour?

Or google it: try this

All these various pics should hopefully give you some idea. Dealerships used to have painted samples for viewing... is this not the case anymore?

It is a bright red. It is also a non-metallic, i.e. solid, or flat colour, but I guess you know that already.

Thanks Daniel,

I think my brain is gradually averaging out all the subtle variations I'm seeing on screen; hopefully my mental image will arrive at something close to reality when I see my car in the flesh.

The same configurations look different on my HP laptop than they do on my apple Macbook (not a surprise to me). I checked out the google images too on my desktop (which has dual screens but from different manufacturers) and the images are different on each screen. But, even when the images are compared side-by-side on the same screen, some appear as an orangery red (the twitter and drive-green images) and some look a much deeper red (topgear).

I'm not at all worried. I know how different the same image can appear on different monitors and how the original image can vary depending on the lighting at the time the image was captured. However, it is still nice to hear from Don, Ken and Peter how much they like the NX in red.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

To answer my own question, Fuji Red looks gorgeous in my eyes. Striking and a little different. What do you think?

image.thumb.jpeg.f41ab53b0735cc39270e18f2735446f9.jpeg

Great colour choice and very eye catching. The black trim and dark wheel / window tint accents works well.  Is there a hint of a red interior as well  just visible through the open door?  Very currious what choice you opted for inside. 

I went for the Dark Rose interior. It has raised  a few eyebrows; doesn't work for some but most say they like the combination when they see it, unless they are just being kind! For me, it's red when I look at it from the outside and something a little different when I'm sitting behind the wheel. Only when the door is open do you see the red of the door frames with the dark rose of the interior both together. I'll take some pictures when it stops raining so people can make up their own mind.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

To answer my own question, Fuji Red looks gorgeous in my eyes. Striking and a little different. What do you think?

image.thumb.jpeg.f41ab53b0735cc39270e18f2735446f9.jpeg

Looks fab. Happy motoring!

• 4 months later...

Fuji red is a fairly new colour by all accounts. Has anyone any experience of this flat red paint fading?

I have a friend who is considering a Lexus but would avoid flat red due to the chance of discolouration / fading.

10 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Fuji red is a fairly new colour by all accounts. Has anyone any experience of this flat red paint fading?

I have a friend who is considering a Lexus but would avoid flat red due to the chance of discolouration / fading.

The Motor Industry as a whole has experience of fading red paint Davey.

Avoid if at all possible.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

The Motor Industry as a whole has experience of fading red paint Davey.

Avoid if at all possible.

I appreciate that John. It was suggested that the newer paints, being water based, do not suffer as much as older paints. Just wondered if anyone has had experience with Fuji Red.

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I appreciate that John. It was suggested that the newer paints, being water based, do not suffer as much as older paints. Just wondered if anyone has had experience with Fuji Red.

I would not bother with Fuji, it is any type of Red and legend has it that it was the introduction of water based paint which started the problem. So, unless it is one`s wife that wants it then my advice is steer clear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My Fuji red NX is only 5 months old - no sign of any fading yet!

In the 70s, I worked in a body repair shop and red cars were a nightmare, such was the degree of fading they all seemed to experience. So much so that I swore I would never, ever buy a red car. That remained the case until 2017 when I ended up with a red Ford Focus in my stable, just because it was the only car available at the time I wanted to purchase a new car. I sold it 5 and a half years later and there was no sign of fading whatsoever. Convinced that the problems of the 70s were a thing of the past and having enjoyed my striking red 'Ferrari', it was an easy decision to opt for Fuji red on my Lexus. Naturally a personal choice but I think it suits the NX very well and I don't regret my decision one bit.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links