Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car wash day

Tonyw

After returning from my annual Orlando trip where I saw more ES on the road in 3 weeks than I have ever seen in the UK. I find the local wildlife have been using my car for target practice. Today is one of those days where I remember why I chose Mesa red. A quick rinse and detail makes me happy again. 

A4FA3411-881F-4901-94BF-EF8C7DD8E189.jpeg

811ED8E6-2256-4130-9F83-B34A76F815B2.jpeg

624C9EC5-01B5-439F-8443-538528124079.jpeg

• Like 3

Mine's wash day is next week before I take it in for its first service. 🛀

Tiring but satisfying. Nice shine on your mesa red, well done avoiding micro scratches.

10 hours ago, peniole said:

Tiring but satisfying. Nice shine on your mesa red, well done avoiding micro scratches.

Thanks, I only use a cheap demon foam wash and a new sponge every time, allow to air dry and then a quick spray with the Meguiars and gentle wipe with a new micro cloth. With regards to micro scratches, is the self healing paint a real thing on these? 

Just now, Tonyw said:

Thanks, I only use a cheap demon foam wash and a new sponge every time, allow to air dry and then a quick spray with the Meguiars and gentle wipe with a new micro cloth. With regards to micro scratches, is the self healing paint a real thing on these? 

Before I get comments on being wasteful, the sponge then gets downgraded to my wife’s car next time out and then used on the wheels before ending its life on garden furniture. Likewise the micro cloth is washed and reused many times indoors in kitchen/bathrooms etc

1 hour ago, Tonyw said:

Before I get comments on being wasteful, the sponge then gets downgraded to my wife’s car next time out and then used on the wheels before ending its life on garden furniture. Likewise the micro cloth is washed and reused many times indoors in kitchen/bathrooms etc

I find a microfibre wash mitt is way better than a sponge and can be washed each time after use.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Yes it is, I've seen it in action.

Yup it's the drying that causes the most damage. I go for a quick motorway sprint after a foam wash (chenille microfiber mitt to gently agitate, I don't use sponges any more), and use Meguiars waterless wash and wax with 3 microfibers afterwards (apply, semi dry, buff).

Although now looking for a air blower once we move away from easy motorway access.

5 hours ago, Spock66 said:

I find a microfibre wash mitt is way better than a sponge and can be washed each time after use.

Lambs wool mitt works really well 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, peniole said:

Yes it is, I've seen it in action.

Yup it's the drying that causes the most damage. I go for a quick motorway sprint after a foam wash (chenille microfiber mitt to gently agitate, I don't use sponges any more), and use Meguiars waterless wash and wax with 3 microfibers afterwards (apply, semi dry, buff).

Although now looking for a air blower once we move away from easy motorway access.

I recently bought one of these. Quite good once you get the knack, will dry the ES in less than 5 minutes. The downside is the air blast is very noisy but the machine itself is ok.

untitled-3.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

The shine on that is something else, like looking in a mirror! Absolutely stunning colour, saw one sitting in the car park at Lexus Glasgow when in for a service recently. Preferred it the Black on ours and would have went down that route if we didn't opt for the demo rather than wait for delivery. 

6 hours ago, Mincey said:

Is there a colour which doesn't suit the ES?

Not sure on the green sunlight, seen one in the showroom and that looked good but I then saw it outside in the rain and wasn’t sure. 
I really liked the graphite in the showroom as well and nearly went with it, but decided it would never look that good when sat on my drive

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marko89 said:

The shine on that is something else, like looking in a mirror! Absolutely stunning colour, saw one sitting in the car park at Lexus Glasgow when in for a service recently. Preferred it the Black on ours and would have went down that route if we didn't opt for the demo rather than wait for delivery. 

Pro Kleen super snow (cherry) using a gun shaped mixer thing on the end of my hose

one of those micro fibre mits 

quick rinse and once dry 

Meguiars ultimate quick spray with a new (every time) micro fibre cloth, big yellow one from Costco 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, peniole said:

Tell them you don’t want the free wash and valet. My salesman wouldn’t allow them near mine! “ With their bucket of grit”

28 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

Tell them you don’t want the free wash and valet. My salesman wouldn’t allow them near mine! “ With their bucket of grit”

Yup, I don't let them wash mine either 😁

For that matter I don't let them adjust tire pressures as well. They're too warm by the time you arrive, no way will they be able to get it right. So I check it myself the morning of to cut them off at the pass.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links