Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OBD customisation from iPhone?

Me again!

Is there an app I can use to customise settings in an 08 Lexus is250 via Iphone

I have the OBD vLink wifi dongle, I can read do a basic ECU read using Carista and Car Scanner but I can’t seem to do anything else. Is it not possible?

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

You'll have more luck with an android phone. IPhone bluetooth is shyte and doesn't communicate with anything else but iPhone. 

Yeah I’ve been using the Bluetooth dongle with Iphone! I’ve been able to code my BMWs with BimmerCode, Carista etc using it but Lexus doesn’t seem to have the same options. 

Android not an option as I don’t have one, but could use a windows based programme perhaps? 

6 minutes ago, Texas said:

To ‘get in deep’ you need to use TechStream software on a laptop preferably running XP.

That’s well outside my price range unfortunately 😞 I just wanted simplecoding like you can do on BMWs, VWs etc. 

22 hours ago, CiaranMcK said:

Hero. That’s ordered! 

I don't think it's possible to be honest with you. Not without TechStream anyway.. it's very locked. I've got an OBD2 reader and App called Carly through which you can scan & clear faults, see live data and "customise" everything customisable on your car, but unfortunately there is nothing customisable when you select Lexus IS250. It's possible on other cars, but Lexus IS just locked so people don't mess.

23 hours ago, Texas said:

To ‘get in deep’ you need to use TechStream software on a laptop preferably running XP.

Works fine for me on W10. 

53 minutes ago, H3XME said:

I don't think it's possible to be honest with you. Not without TechStream anyway.. it's very locked. I've got an OBD2 reader and App called Carly through which you can scan & clear faults, see live data and "customise" everything customisable on your car, but unfortunately there is nothing customisable when you select Lexus IS250. It's possible on other cars, but Lexus IS just locked so people don't mess.

Carista claims they can, but I think you need their proprietary dongle. Cheaper and better obviously to get TechStream. I think I paid like £27 for the cable and then you get literally everything. 

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Works fine for me on W10.”

Good to know, still running W7 on my home PC though.

Techstream can run on anything from WinXP upwards. In fact, it's often easier to set up on the old versions rather than Win10.

18 hours ago, Texas said:

Works fine for me on W10.”

Good to know, still running W7 on my home PC though.

Not sure one should be proud about it. It is not like windows will become "classic" 😄

16 hours ago, Herbie said:

Techstream can run on anything from WinXP upwards. In fact, it's often easier to set up on the old versions rather than Win10.

That is true, the W10 in particular has only on issue - there are no signed drivers for TechStream on W10, so one has to agree to install "unsigned" driver which gives multiple scary prompts when installing. But apart of that it works fine. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Not sure one should be proud about it. It is not like windows will become "classic" 😄

That is true, the W10 in particular has only on issue - there are no signed drivers for TechStream on W10, so one has to agree to install "unsigned" driver which gives multiple scary prompts when installing. But apart of that it works fine. 

Not having a pop Linas but for the sake of accuracy, it should be noted that Techstream itself doesn't actually need any drivers. The drivers are required for the miniVCI cable and serial-USB adapter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Not having a pop Linas but for the sake of accuracy, it should be noted that Techstream itself doesn't actually need any drivers. The drivers are required for the miniVCI cable and serial-USB adapter.

Correct. I just said TechSteam as it would not work without those drivers. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links