Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, my first foray into Lexus ownership didn't last very long due to a nice gentleman 'driving' a Mercedes Sprinter box van (N.B. if anyone was curious about Mercedes Sprinter vs. Lexus, I can tell you the Mercedes won...). Took out the Peugeot parked in front of me too just to show it wasn't personal. Friday 13th indeed 🤬

DSC_0484~2.JPG

• Sad 5

Parked in front of you? To me that indicates not only the rear end get stuffed but your front end too. What a bummer and damned bad luck. As for a Merc, or any other for that matter, van V a Lexus or any other car the van would win. Very true coz van drivers don't give a damn in general. I know I've been in logistics decades.

Jeez…you haven’t had it for 7 weeks🙄

Sad to see but looks like one less 250 gonna be on the road from now on, I can see this as a major factor of the demise of the 250 eventually because they don’t exactly rot out and fail mot’s due to build quality and mechanicals are bomb proof, and that dislodged boot lid is gonna make the repair cost ( mostly labour!) un-economical, that’s without any front end damage!🙄

" Dents Away " ............ might sort that lot out 

sorry i jest ...  summats got to make one laugh a little these days :wink3:

BUT as one says. sad to see another Lexus bite the dust .  but, will it :whistling:

Malc

Well the way the prices of second cars have gone recently is amazing!

My son just had his BMW 335i ‘written off’ and got £6800 ( the going rate to replace it in todays market-and he did,🙄) for a car he paid £5000 for in Jan 2019! 

But as you have only had it 7 weeks I’d like to think you should get what you paid for it, ( you still got receipt?)

Looking at the picture alone I would start looking for a replacement now, as already mentioned the boot lid suggests frame damage.

I was born on Friday the 13th......lucky me 😀

• Like 1

I have a temporary hire car, a Mercedes C300, and whilst newer, (much) quicker and with even more bells and whistles, I really want the Lexus back !

For me this Lexus offers a unique driving experience and whilst the Merc, on paper at least should smash it, somehow it doesn't - the IS250 has a character all of its own.

I've already had a quick look at what's about and it appears that I will struggle to find similar or same spec vehicle to replace it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mister Rockets said:

I have a temporary hire car, a Mercedes C300, and whilst newer, (much) quicker and with even more bells and whistles, I really want the Lexus back !

For me this Lexus offers a unique driving experience and whilst the Merc, on paper at least should smash it, somehow it doesn't - the IS250 has a character all of its own.

I've already had a quick look at what's about and it appears that I will struggle to find similar or same spec vehicle to replace it.

Just to be clear, Julian, are you saying that your Insurer has declared the Lexus as irreparable within its insured value and thus a write off?

40 minutes ago, LenT said:

Just to be clear, Julian, are you saying that your Insurer has declared the Lexus as irreparable within its insured value and thus a write off?

It is most likely to be the outcome - I would be extremely surprised if insurance would get involved into repairing frame damage. I had mine written off for literally a scratch on the bumper, although that was 2018 and my was only estimated to be worth £3600. With car prices as they are now maybe there is more wiggle room to fix it. As well it is a question of what OP is willing to accept, I had people crashing into me 3 times and 2 times insurance wanted to write of the car. First time around they offered me too little in my opinion and I just didn't agree with it, that resulted insurance carrying out second inspection and reducing repair quote by 40% bringing the car back to "repairable" and I got it repaired. Second time, I actually wanted car to b written-off as at nearly 200k miles it was clearly worth more as write-off and with just a scratch on the bumper I kept completely usable car and got paid more than it was worth to sell anyway. So it matter what owner is pushing for, although I had a benefit of using claims management company and I would recommend going that way, rather than directly with insurance, claims management companies give extra leverage in negotiations. 

• Like 1

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. Sorry to hear man. At least it wasn't your fault. I clipped a very short brick wall trying to climb a kerb for parking it in some estate. Cost me £220 to fix they done a very good job.

Let us know what insurance offers.

Just note - regardless of whose fault it was, claim is claim and your insurance will go up anyway... so make sure you squeeze every last penny from insurance company whilst you can, because they will be squeezing more from you for next 3-5 years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozzay said:

I clipped a very short brick wall trying to climb a kerb for parking it in some estate. Cost me £220 to fix they done a very good job.

and the brick wall cost £££££ to fix ?

I ask coz some months ago I knocked down a short length of low height brickwall that I couldn't see in someone's garden / driveway as I was reversing to avoid a sodding rubbish truck heading towards me whilst I was avoiding a sodding cyclist lad doing the same ........  with parked cars all over the road, up the pavements etc ..  and it was on a bend, curve in the road .. didn't damage my car one jot BUT my builder cost me about £220 to sort out the damaged wall tho' .....  avoided any insurance claim ..... hence i hate dustcarts and cyclists with a vengeance these days :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/14/2022 at 9:47 PM, Mister Rockets said:

Well, my first foray into Lexus ownership didn't last very long due to a nice gentleman 'driving' a Mercedes Sprinter box van (N.B. if anyone was curious about Mercedes Sprinter vs. Lexus, I can tell you the Mercedes won...). Took out the Peugeot parked in front of me too just to show it wasn't personal. Friday 13th indeed 🤬

That's really unfortunate! See if you can get the car back from the insurance or get it repaired.. alternatively, I might be interested in buying it from you as I might have a use for it as is. 

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

alternatively, I might be interested in buying it from you as I might have a use for it as is. 

likewise, maybe we should spread the cost? 😄

• Haha 1

DSC_0484~2.JPG

Not Friday, but Sunday and considerably less damage...

PXL_20220515_102842415.jpg

• Sad 4

On 5/16/2022 at 8:36 AM, H3XME said:

That's really unfortunate! See if you can get the car back from the insurance or get it repaired.. alternatively, I might be interested in buying it from you as I might have a use for it as is. 

put me down for a couple of wheels

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

DSC_0484~2.JPG

An update! I shall not be thwarted by the best efforts of White Van Man (actually, Grubby Faded Grey Van Man would be more accurate) and Hastings Insurance (a more detailed report on shenanigans will follow in due course) whose attempts at a 'market value' offer are in equal parts laughable and insulting. Apparently, there are loads of late 2009s available and I just need to find the one whose owner is willing to accept a 40-50% reduction in the asking price. In whichever 'market' (and universe) that exists.

Anyway, attempt no.2 at Lexus ownership is currently underway...can't leave two years of Gold membership to go to waste !!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mister Rockets said:

An update! I shall not be thwarted by the best efforts of White Van Man (actually, Grubby Faded Grey Van Man would be more accurate) and Hastings Insurance (a more detailed report on shenanigans will follow in due course) whose attempts at a 'market value' offer are in equal parts laughable and insulting. Apparently, there are loads of late 2009s available and I just need to find the one whose owner is willing to accept a 40-50% reduction in the asking price. In whichever 'market' (and universe) that exists.

Anyway, attempt no.2 at Lexus ownership is currently underway...can't leave two years of Gold membership to go to waste !!

If they going to keep being stupid, you have a right at any time to say you will use your own claim management company (your are allowed under law), this usually kicks them into gear and helps remember where they left their common sense. If they continue to be stupid, then you can actually follow trough with that and just contact claims management company. It is better to do that from beginning as then your excess is not affected at all, but you can do it at any time.

Just to be clear, I neither work for claims management company, nor I am associated with them, as a matter of fact I wanted to take one to the court as their service was less than stellar, but the advantage you get is that they do the evaluation, they do the market value, you can negotiate it fairly reasonably with them and then they just simply go and claim the money of the TP insurance without your insurance getting involved at all. In short TP insurance and your insurance have no say whatsoever when claims management company gets involved. 

In simple terms use scammers against scammers, take a comfortable seat and just watch from afar when they fight each other. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links