Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advise

Hi all,

ordered UX250H in Feb, delivery expected July 26th, but I am now thinking about the upgrades in 2023 model due August. Particularly the multi-‘media system upgrade.

looking for input on how best to proceed?

1. Cancel and re-order (another 5 month wait)

2. Keep and part ex?

R

Presumably Options 1) and 2) will cost you more money, so it's a simple question of how much value you attach to having the Multi-Media upgrades vs the additional cost?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cur666 said:

I would cancel and reorder.....when the updated model arrives....the out going model price will drop considerably.

Its a mild update with no exterior changes and unlikely to affect the values as much as a proper mid cycle refresh would

Both options would cost more money than staying put. Id imagine the discounts on the MY23 model will be much reduced. Keeping the car and Part ex will be even worse, youd instantly lose £5-10k 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me, with cost implications.

We've ordered a UX250h Premium Sports Edition in Mercury Grey. According to the leaflet published on the forum, there is no direct replacement for this model and Mercury Grey is replaced with Platinum.

So not sure what we would end up with, as it is not clear. 

R

7 minutes ago, RRM said:

I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me, with cost implications.

We've ordered a UX250h Premium Sports Edition in Mercury Grey. According to the leaflet published on the forum, there is no direct replacement for this model and Mercury Grey is replaced with Platinum.

So not sure what we would end up with, as it is not clear. 

R

It's because the premium sports edition is a special model. They're usually released about a year before a facelift or model change. 

I think the mercury grey replacement is sonic grey? Platinum is silver

I’m in the same position got a f sport premium plus coming in about 4 weeks and I’d like the touch screen,wireless Wi-Fi and auto folding mirrors,I phone dealer as I was going to order new model but as the carwow discount won’t be as high,the increase in cost(approximately £3000) and a year wait I have decided to keep the car I’ve ordered also new model takes the car over £40000 so we would have to pay another £500 a year car tax 

there are no discounts for the new NX, would expect no discounts for the new UX either ( and also PCP interest rate may go up too)

also the new one may arrive in 2023, considering the overall delays etc

I would probably hold

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cur666 said:

Dealers love an excuse to drop the price of your car.......the updated model will affect the current models price.

Like I said, not entirely true. 

Definitely true if part exchanging after taking delivery but that would be similiar to any other vehicle.

Not really true for this model as the updates are too minor on the face of it and some buyers wont care. The other aspect is that Lexus dealers tends to control the second hand market for cars under 5 years old unlike other manufacturers as the bulk of cars end up with them

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

Like I said, not entirely true. 

Definitely true if part exchanging after taking delivery but that would be similiar to any other vehicle.

Not really true for this model as the updates are too minor on the face of it and some buyers wont care. The other aspect is that Lexus dealers tends to control the second hand market for cars under 5 years old unlike other manufacturers as the bulk of cars end up with them

Not entirely true....I had an NX.....wanted to part exchange it for a UX....first thing dealer asked...is it the updated lights model !!  I ended up getting a much better price from Webuyanycar.....that's my practical experience.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, rayaans said:

Its a mild update with no exterior changes and unlikely to affect the values as much as a proper mid cycle refresh would

Both options would cost more money than staying put. Id imagine the discounts on the MY23 model will be much reduced. Keeping the car and Part ex will be even worse, youd instantly lose £5-10k 

It's a lot more than a mild update.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rayaans said:

No it's not. It's a screen change and looks exactly the same outside

Have you looked at the Product Bulletin supplied here? I think you will find there is much more then just a screen change, e.g. auto folding mirrors, body stiffening etc .

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Have you looked at the Product Bulletin supplied here? I think you will find there is much more then just a screen change, e.g. auto folding mirrors, body stiffening etc .

You do realise a lot of that is marketing BS right? 

Yes auto folding mirrors, a few spot welds here and there with a larger touch screen system

Fundamentally it's the same vehicle that looks exactly the same on the outside. 

It's being marketed as a facelift which it's not, it's an update at best. Sort of like how BMW and VW have their MY changes. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Quoted over £2k to move to F-Sport design + at least 6 months wait. So going to stick with what we ordered.

thanks everyone 

R

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links