Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Size matters ( maybe )

Having just watched the  clever drone video showing the Hedge End Lexus dealership near Southampton it occurred to me that some dealerships are far bigger than others. Why ? My dealer in Maidstone is a lot smaller than some.. Is it down to sales history in a certain area or the amount of money willing to be invested ? 

Dealerships are franchises so it's down to the business owner to decide how much capital to invest in to the business.

My local Lexus dealer in Ipswich told me they are the smallest dealer in the UK, but it's a joint dealership with Toyota.

Generally depends on how many sales they expect to achieve and the area that they cover, along with costs of purchasing or leasing the building. 

Its likely that if theres a dealership covering a large area itll naturally be larger in order to stock more vehicles. 

And the trend is only going to be smaller or more geographically dispersed due to online buying and the organisations like Car Wow etc meaning the need is more for after sales servicing rather than the car buying itself... 

I really don't understand buying a secondhand car online that you've never seen,especially if you're in the bath as the advert shows ! When I am spending a lot of money I really want to see what I'm buying in the flesh so to speak.

8 minutes ago, KentColin said:

I really don't understand buying a secondhand car online that you've never seen,especially if you're in the bath as the advert shows ! When I am spending a lot of money I really want to see what I'm buying in the flesh so to speak.

I agree but with it's the way the world is going...