Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle noise new NX

I collected the new NX. However, there is an occasional noise from the cabin rear / tailgate (not sure the exact area) while on bumpy road. The noise something like plastic stuff crashing each other, not too loud but I can hear it as the cabin is quiet after window closed.   

anyone else have experience on this from new NX? 

25 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Nothing in the load under-floor area?

I removed the things from the whole boot area. Even the tools so it’s all empty but the noise is still there 

1 hour ago, Lukeluk said:

I collected the new NX. However, there is an occasional noise from the cabin rear / tailgate (not sure the exact area) while on bumpy road. The noise something like plastic stuff crashing each other, not too loud but I can hear it as the cabin is quiet after window closed.   

I had a door rattle in my NX 350h Takumi. Dealer heard same noise and thought it was something loose in the door too. It turned out to be a loose bracket on the Panoramic roof which they packed with felt and re-torqued.

Moral of the tale….. take it back to the dealer and get them to confirm they can hear it. Then let them investigate and fix it. Mine was sorted in one half-day visit and they loaned me a car for the day.

• Like 4

Check to see if its your rear number plate vibrating. It was on my NX.  Got lexus to add  some extra sticky pads. Issue solved.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 10:20 PM, Lukeluk said:

Accept it. Brand new or 10 years old...doesnt matter. The noise will always be there eventually. I learnt this after several years of fights with unwanted noises. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, No Comment said:

Accept it. Brand new or 10 years old...doesnt matter. The noise will always be there eventually. I learnt this after several years of fights with unwanted noises. 

Why should you accept it? I have had a number of new Lexus cars overs the years and most have had no hint of a noise or rattle but on a couple (including my new NX) there is a rattle at the back on a bumpy road. The dealer will sort it out. That's what they are there for. Do not accept any rattle/noise from a new car.

• Like 9

• 4 months later...

NX 2022 rattling in the rear .I have this problem I am going to contact the dealership. I recorded the noise on my Iphone just placed it on the rear seat. Also I have a very noisy rear wiper blade it's scuffing even in heavy rain and with screen wash on I could understand if the car was 2/3 yrs old but mines 28 days old 🥴

On 5/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Lukeluk said:

I checked everything mentioned still there the issue. 
booked for diagnostic in dealership this week. 

Was there a resolution to your issue?

Update on the rattle I removed everything rattle gone repacked my car carefully all rattle free. Rear wiper scuffing skipping noise dealership replaced the rear wiper clay barred  the rear window they said it's still got a very slight noise (I can't hear it  when driving) so they told me to bring car back in if noise comes back I live 2miles away  . The old rear rubber blade was very hard new blade rubber is soft 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 10:48 AM, Eggie said:

Check to see if its your rear number plate vibrating. It was on my NX.  Got lexus to add  some extra sticky pads. Issue solved.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:55 AM, rayaans said:

The number plate seems to be a big one. Happened on nearly all of my RXs and fixed with felt pads behind the plate

Can you suggest any felt pads I can buy online guys?

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, NX350 HOPES said:

I have a rattle almost like a constant clicking sound when I go over 50mph on a new NX. Sound seems to be coming from the pillar between doors. Anyone come across this before?

See my post of 17 May above… sounds like my issue.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, talaipwros said:

Can you suggest any felt pads I can buy online guys?

Dont buy. Go to Lexus dealer and they should sort. They did on my previous NX.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 9:36 PM, hintonwood said:

See my post of 17 May above… sounds like my issue.

Mine doesn't have pano roof. Took it to dealer but annoyingly sound didn't occur while with technician. Resumed immediately after I left the showroom. Will have to go back again 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 12/28/2022 at 1:04 PM, NX350 HOPES said:

Mine doesn't have pano roof. Took it to dealer but annoyingly sound didn't occur while with technician. Resumed immediately after I left the showroom. Will have to go back again 🤷🏾‍♂️

Then could be coming from the passenger seat when not occupied? 

I had similar to this. Tiny little rattle on my NX pahse-1.
If the radio is turned up you can't hear it, but I know it's there. after 2 years of ownership I found my rattle!

When the third (centre) seatbelt is retraced into the roof lining the clasp (plastic part) gently "bashes" against the hard plastic housing / holder thingy.

A couple for felt pads to separate the two hard plastic surfaces, and vualá rattle be gone!

I think Japanese road must be much smoother and not as pothole riddled compared to the UK.

• Like 1

I had an annoying rattle from somewhere around the passenger side pillar until I realised that the front seat belt buckle doesn't always lie flat against the pillar and is slightly twisted after the passenger has taken it off.

Also have an occasional one from the driver's footwell, noticeable when coasting at low speed on rough surfaces. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet, I mentioned it to the dealer when I took it for the recall but they didn't find anything and weren't really interested.