Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something for Batteryheads!

19 hours ago, Illogan said:

It would appear to 'have the edge' over our RX - -  - - but that's probably because our car is twelve years old

Ha ha!  Like it.

I guess there is going to be a speed related performance race for Battery operated vehicles but it is already beyond sensible in most places, certainly in the UK.  However, many people have range anxiety, particularly as electrical top up places are not adequate at the moment with some not working and lack of universal cable link up.  What has been shown is that it is possible to increase range and decrease charging time and this is a much more important  aspect than shaving a few tenths of a second or so. This is where development needs to take place.  I was reading an account of a guy with an E-tron Audi which he loved but was selling as range was reducing and though trying to maximise it.  He was struggling to get !60 miles out of a fully charged Battery.  Perhaps a worse than average case but one why many selling.

• Sad 1

"a guy with an E-tron Audi which he loved but was selling as range was reducing and though trying to maximise it.  He was struggling to get !60 miles out of a fully charged battery"

I cannot help but wonder if that was more about his driving 'style' (if 'style' is appropriate) or the Battery capacity.

Though  -  I will admit, that an EV would suit my driving lifestyle - but as we live on a boat, and have no reliable recharging location, our RX450 h is a wonderful compromise

Sorry but that Volvo Penta and fuel tank are coming out to be replaced with an electric motor and Battery pack.

The fuel pumps at the marina are also gone to be replaced with a charging station.

From now on it’s going to be a case of “will I make it to the next lock before the batteries die”

😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links