Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why is a main dealer selling a high mielage LS

I bought my LS600 from Lexus Stoke (around 5 years ago now). At the time, it had done just a few miles less than 100k. They gave the car a full 3 year manufacturer warranty. I appreciate that this car has a few more miles (and I guess it won't come with more than a 1 year manufacturer warranty as a result), but I think it is testament to the quality of these cars that Lexus are confident selling them at that age and mileage through their main dealerships. 

I sold my LS600 privately when the main dealer warranty expired and we now have a new-ish RX450H. It is also a brilliant family car, but it ain't no LX600. 

• Like 4

wow, a 14 year young Ls600 BUT I did see a speck of dust in the boot tho' :wink3:

It looks a fabulous car .......  can you make out the tyres brand name ?

Malc

Probably taken in Part exchange and because second hand cars are at a premium need some stock.

Looks a bargain compared with my Mark 4 and I am likely to get around about the same for mine if I were to sell but I know mine is spot on,   the example shown is very complex and an Hybrid so beware of events further down the road.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malc said:

wow, a 14 year young Ls600 BUT I did see a speck of dust in the boot tho' :wink3:

Malc

less than 10k per annum in mileage.A MAGNIFICENT EXAMPLE

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Malc said:

Malc

Looks like Landsail all around from what I could gather!

thought it was summat i hadn't heard of before .........  is it a premium brand ? ....... as one might expect on a Ls600 

Malc

35 minutes ago, Malc said:

thought it was summat i hadn't heard of before .........  is it a premium brand ? ....... as one might expect on a Ls600 

Malc

I think they are more on the budget / low-to-mid range side, Chinese make. Presuming it's Landsail LS588 UHP (245/45 R19), the going rate is around £90 per tyre (fitted), rated at B for Fuel Economy, B for grip in the rain, and noise rating at 70 dB.

Edited by MaximusPrime
Added tyre spec

I had some Landslide tyres once....the car slid of the road at every corner.

As for Landsail every time the wind direction changes so does the car and the passenger has to duck to avoid a clout on the head from the boon swinging over 😀

• Haha 3

mehtinks one might be considering a £600 tyre replacement bill then upon purchase  .....  shame they haven't revealed the regn no. to check MOTs etc 

Malc

4 hours ago, scythe said:

BF58FNU

: o )

Extremely clean MOT history for a late 2008 car (just tyres, pads and a bulb - who cares about undertrays and engine covers!), high miles covered in its early days and has been well looked after in that time it seems. Solid car!

A great wafting machine which will likely still rival modern rivals on refinement and smoothness fit a fraction of the price.

My facelift 600 has over 90k but amazing comfort, smoothness and build quality.a friend who drive it said he was astonished as it felt like it had only 8k mikes! Now that is testament to the sheer quality of the LS.

• Like 1

Back to topic this old 600 appears to have sold within only a week or two. Hope the new owner has years of top class motoring ahead.

• Like 1

Was wondering also why often I see lexus main dealers sell old cars for high amount of £££ sometimes they seem overpriced even from a main dealership especially if very old with high mileage 

That is correct, old gems appear from time to time for a high price but often sell very quickly to waiting enthusiasts who are willing to risk an old car.  This must be because Lexus dealers have the confidence in selling them with the 1 year warranty and still making a good profit on these cars and then servicing them and hopefully seeing those customers return for newer models in later years.    

I noticed recently an ultra low miles GS430 V8 with only about 15k miles on a 2007 car (amazing, why buy it new if you are not going to drive it?!), it sold in a week.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links