Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another "Light Refresh"

wecpc

Strange times a model just revised is being revised yet again less than a year later. the latest revision actually sounds like a UK government reform in which things are deleted and removed and then it is called 'progress'....

3 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Strange times a model just revised is being revised yet again less than a year later. the latest revision actually sounds like a UK government reform in which things are deleted and removed and then it is called 'progress'....

Cars get revised every model year though. Some of them are not apparent 

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Cars get revised every model year though. Some of them are not apparent 

Does the 2023 revision still have 4 wheels? We are not down to 3 are we?

As Lexus no longer offer brochures or a detailed price list with specifications, it's almost impossible for the customer to be able to tell what the exact specification is anyway.

7 minutes ago, Dippo said:

As Lexus no longer offer brochures or a detailed price list with specifications, it's almost impossible for the customer to be able to tell what the exact specification is anyway.

Brochure download from here

https://www.lexus.co.uk/brochure-downloads#models

6 hours ago, EVANGELION said:

from one of the dealer  

The New MY23 ES Premium Edition is only a £45 increase 

Just had an email from Lexus advising a 3% increase on all models from 1st July. That means the cheapest model will go up by approx £1000

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Have you clicked on the ES Brochure link? It takes you to a 4 page (including front and back cover) price list.

The others are as expected, perhaps the ES is being updated

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

They've been offering brochures and price lists since launch?

🤔

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

They've been offering brochures and price lists since launch?

🤔

I've been clicking on the brochure link since November, and it only takes you to a price list. The price list you could download used to be several pages, and had a link to click on for the full brochure; this only took you back to the price list. I've asked dealers and Lexus GB for a brochure; there is no brochure.

I had similar experience when looking to buy my 2019 RC300h, very scant info and brochure kept appearing then immediately vanishing! There was a big change in the model and I guess 'they' couldn't get it sorted. When a brochure did appear it was riddled with errors....

12 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Just had an email from Lexus advising a 3% increase on all models from 1st July. That means the cheapest model will go up by approx £1000

Decision time, even if they still guarantee the original price at time of order as the dealer has already stated they would, it will now definitely go over the luxury tax bracket of £40,000 at registration. My only other option is to delete all the added insurances and dashcams, to go towards the future tax increases, that would save me around £1372, (taking off the extra discount they offered) which goes a fair towards the extra tax cost of £1775.

1 hour ago, wecpc said:

Decision time, even if they still guarantee the original price at time of order as the dealer has already stated they would, it will now definitely go over the luxury tax bracket of £40,000 at registration. My only other option is to delete all the added insurances and dashcams, to go towards the future tax increases, that would save me around £1372, (taking off the extra discount they offered) which goes a fair towards the extra tax cost of £1775.

Insurances for paint  and dashcam (I also have both) are dealer fit options paid for after delivery and registration when you pick up the car. They are not part of the list price or factory added options such as paint etc, and therefore are not included in your on the road price. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Insurances for paint  and dashcam (I also have both) are dealer fit options paid for after delivery and registration when you pick up the car. They are not part of the list price or factory added options such as paint etc, and therefore are not included in your on the road price. 

I do realize that, its just that I was trying to get the overall cost down to make up for the extra I would have to pay for the luxury tax over the following years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wecpc said:

I do realize that, its just that I was trying to get the overall cost down to make up for the extra I would have to pay for the luxury tax over the following years.

That's a good option and I would definitely get rid of the insurance and dash cams 

They'll be half the price of Lexus cost elsewhere anyway 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:50 AM, wecpc said:

I contacted Lexus UK regarding the spec and price change, they then contacted my dealer and a senior manager has just called me back. He confirms the spec change for my order and said it is a massive improvement on the multimedia side as fitted on the new NX and the ES does not have the 3% increase due in July only a £45 increase as another user has mentioned but is not price protected but said they will absorb that themselves. He has also confirmed that my order will still be under the luxury tax bracket, just, so that is good news, it certainly now puts my mind at rest. I will have to now stop looking around for alternatives in my price range which I was struggling with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wecpc said:

I contacted Lexus UK regarding the spec and price change, they then contacted my dealer and a senior manager has just called me back. He confirms the spec change for my order and said it is a massive improvement on the multimedia side as fitted on the new NX and the ES does not have the 3% increase due in July only a £45 increase as another user has mentioned but is not price protected but said they will absorb that themselves. 

Interesting. If there are no price increases on existing orders then i'd be happy to wait for the updated ES. I wonder if I can make that request and delay the order so I get this? I'm not allocated a build yet.

1 hour ago, Aljaf90 said:

Interesting. If there are no price increases on existing orders then i'd be happy to wait for the updated ES. I wonder if I can make that request and delay the order so I get this? I'm not allocated a build yet.

I am not allocated a build slot yet either and I ordered mine on the 25th January, its what it is called a non-covered order until it enters a build mode.

9 minutes ago, wecpc said:

I am not allocated a build slot yet either and I ordered mine on the 25th January, its what it is called a non-covered order until it enters a build mode.

I ordered December 31st. I was told by my dealer I’d find out this Friday whether I would be one of the last orders for the existing model (July/august delivery) or whether it slips into the updated version (September/October delivery)

I’d certainly be willing to wait 1-2 months if I get an upgraded multimedia system at no extra cost.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, wecpc said:

This is the reply back from my Lexus dealer:

I can confirm there is a MY23 model year ES coming out. I have checked this afternoon and due to the lack of semi-conductor chips your vehicle is now showing as what we call a non-covered order. This means there is not yet a build slot for the vehicle but because of this it will more than likely mean you will get the latest MY23 vehicle with the additional updates. I can assure you that this is affecting several of our customers, not just yourself, and I appreciate it is a frustrating situation. However, this is also a very fluid situation so it could come earlier than we are expecting but I will keep you up to date of course.

Regarding this, naturally there is a price change and increase. However, Lexus will price protect against any inflationary price increases since you placed your order therefore meaning you will be paying the price we quoted you and agreed when you ordered the vehicle.

What Dealer did you order from, my orders with Jemca Sidcup.

32 minutes ago, kam said:

What Dealer did you order from, my orders with Jemca Sidcup.

I ordered from Lexus Maidstone, but those comments you mentioned above were from my salesman but I have since had this later comment from a senior manager there who has just called me back after I contacted Lexus UK, confirming the spec change for my order and said it is a massive improvement on the multimedia side as fitted on the new NX and the ES does not have the 3% increase due in July only a £45 increase as another user has mentioned but is not price protected but said they will absorb that themselves. 

Would rather have 22 year model and get the CD player! Dealer here not called to advise about the change so if not for this forum would have no idea

49 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

mark levinson system without CD player, how to provide pureplay????

I would have liked to keep the cd player but since seeing the reviews of the new system on the NX and in my case I have only ordered the std Pioneer system, so I prefer the new MY23, but will now rip all my CD's to FLAC as the only other option assuming of course if FLAC is supported . Wireless android auto for my Samsung S10+ along with wireless car play which comes with the new system and the new location for the wireless charger in the front of the console instead of the ridiculous place in the chubby box is much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links