Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another "Light Refresh"

wecpc

On 5/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, Aljaf90 said:

I ordered December 31st. I was told by my dealer I’d find out this Friday whether I would be one of the last orders for the existing model (July/august delivery) or whether it slips into the updated version (September/October delivery)

I’d certainly be willing to wait 1-2 months if I get an upgraded multimedia system at no extra cost.

Just chased my dealer who has now confirmed that my order will be the existing model and still expecting a July delivery. Had I wanted to delay 2-3 months to get the revised version, I would have been liable for the price increase (circa £2-3000 extra). Imo not worth it just for an updated multimedia system & wireless carplay. Would have been willing to wait if it was free but oh well - excited about a July delivery hopefully 🙂

On 5/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, wecpc said:

This is the reply back from my Lexus dealer:

I can confirm there is a MY23 model year ES coming out. I have checked this afternoon and due to the lack of semi-conductor chips your vehicle is now showing as what we call a non-covered order. This means there is not yet a build slot for the vehicle but because of this it will more than likely mean you will get the latest MY23 vehicle with the additional updates. I can assure you that this is affecting several of our customers, not just yourself, and I appreciate it is a frustrating situation. However, this is also a very fluid situation so it could come earlier than we are expecting but I will keep you up to date of course.

Regarding this, naturally there is a price change and increase. However, Lexus will price protect against any inflationary price increases since you placed your order therefore meaning you will be paying the price we quoted you and agreed when you ordered the vehicle.

I have just had this message back from my dealer after I queried the price protection:

"I just wanted to give you a quick email to touch base with you regarding the delivery of your vehicle. At the moment the ETA is for the middle of October which is when the vehicle should arrive with us on site providing it is allocated a build slot in the next few months. Obviously I understand this is still a little while away and a fluid situation but I will endeavour to keep you updated. 

Regarding the pricing and if the vehicle is price protected or not I am still trying to get to the bottom of this to give a definitive answer. As soon as I can find out some solid concrete information from Lexus I shall let you know either way."

So it appears the price protection is once again not assured, but at least I have been told it will be under the £40,000 threshold, JUST. I now know the delivery is in the middle of October rather than just October. If there is no price protection, then I do not know what to do as I hate being told initially it was, so I may just cancel. I have just done a search on Car Wow and I have found Sidcup Lexus was doing it at a saving of £5,897 (14.8%) but a delivery of March 2023, which is a lot longer than my deal, but a lot cheaper.

7 minutes ago, wecpc said:

So it appears the price protection is once again not assured, but at least I have been told it will be under the £40,000 threshold,

The price you pay may be below the £40k threshold but what will be the list price be for the same vehicle at the point of registration? As it is that which sets the VED and if you pay the extra from year 2 to 5 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

The price you pay may be below the £40k threshold but what will be the list price be for the same vehicle at the point of registration? As it is that which sets the VED and if you pay the extra from year 2 to 5 

it wont be under £40k as they've already said there will be a price increase when the MY23 cars are released. As our cars are all just under the £40k threshold now , they certainly wont be by the time they arrive.

18 hours ago, wecpc said:

I have just had this message back from my dealer after I queried the price protection:

"I just wanted to give you a quick email to touch base with you regarding the delivery of your vehicle. At the moment the ETA is for the middle of October which is when the vehicle should arrive with us on site providing it is allocated a build slot in the next few months. Obviously I understand this is still a little while away and a fluid situation but I will endeavour to keep you updated. 

Regarding the pricing and if the vehicle is price protected or not I am still trying to get to the bottom of this to give a definitive answer. As soon as I can find out some solid concrete information from Lexus I shall let you know either way."

So it appears the price protection is once again not assured, but at least I have been told it will be under the £40,000 threshold, JUST. I now know the delivery is in the middle of October rather than just October. If there is no price protection, then I do not know what to do as I hate being told initially it was, so I may just cancel. I have just done a search on Car Wow and I have found Sidcup Lexus was doing it at a saving of £5,897 (14.8%) but a delivery of March 2023, which is a lot longer than my deal, but a lot cheaper.

That was my worry , I’ve just cancelled mine didn’t experience very much amazing with my Lexus stealer 🙈😂👍

7 minutes ago, Chrisfes said:

That was my worry , I’ve just cancelled mine didn’t experience very much amazing with my Lexus stealer 🙈😂👍

im on the verge of cancelling my order as well. Like you ive not been overly impressed by the legendary Lexus customer service experience either

Agree with the comments my dealer has been absolutely abysmal far worse than other dealers carrying lesser marques. Are we saying that agreed prices at the time of order are not being honoured if you are switched to the new model? A little confused?

18 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Agree with the comments my dealer has been absolutely abysmal far worse than other dealers carrying lesser marques. Are we saying that agreed prices at the time of order are not being honoured if you are switched to the new model? A little confused?

We don't know , my dealer says he's trying to find out from lexus if the price will be honoured should your order be a MY23 car.

The fact they are having to check doesn't bode well, the whole point of placing your order before any price increase is that you are protected from any future increases.

What does seem apparent is any of us who were trying to keep under the £40k luxury car tax threshold are going to be disappointed as the MY23 cars with improved infotainment etc will carry a price increase ,thus pushing us through the £40k ceiling.

17 minutes ago, PaulD68 said:

We don't know , my dealer says he's trying to find out from lexus if the price will be honoured should your order be a MY23 car.

The fact they are having to check doesn't bode well, the whole point of placing your order before any price increase is that you are protected from any future increases.

What does seem apparent is any of us who were trying to keep under the £40k luxury car tax threshold are going to be disappointed as the MY23 cars with improved infotainment etc will carry a price increase ,thus pushing us through the £40k ceiling.

Like many of you, i am in the same situation- my car, a premium edition, is due for delivery in Oct and in theory, should be below the 40k threshold. I will not be happy if there are further price increases!

• Like 2

From the Lexus Magazine:

The Lexus Covenant guides every decision we make, every car we create and every service we provide. Within it, the following line promises the individual attention and sincere consideration that make Lexus a benchmark of customer satisfaction: “We will treat each customer as we would a guest in our home.”

Hi

my experience with the dealers has been good so far. Lexus Croydon. They promptly respond to any queries. I have also been advised that once the car order has been placed it is protected from price rise. I am honestly hoping to get the new 2023 version as I would like to have wireless apple car play. Just waiting to see what the new ammonite sand interior colour looks like ! This is replacing the rich cream so I have been told. Let’s see 

4 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

Lexus website updated the price for MY23 ES

So the list price for Premium Edition at £39, 075 plus Special metallic at £920 keeps it £5 below the £40k VED break.

I have just had an email from the dealer to say that my car, ordered in mid January, will be going into production this month with arrival at the dealer on 31 August. I am unclear whether this will mean a 22 or 23 model year, but rather suspect it might be the former?  

Seems bizarre orders from mid Jan going in build but ones from Nov last year receive silence. Are orders for higher spec vehicles being produced first? I ordered the lowly Premium Edition

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

Seems bizarre orders from mid Jan going in build but ones from Nov last year receive silence. Are orders for higher spec vehicles being produced first? I ordered the lowly Premium Edition

Mine is the lowly Premium Edition too - no Takumi here!  I wonder if it is something to do with dealer allocations - otherwise, it seems very hit and miss (with more misses than hits!). 

Hello. I placed order recently with 1000 deposit. If I cancel is this refundable. Or does it depend on the dealer. Thanks 

6 hours ago, SS64 said:

Hello. I placed order recently with 1000 deposit. If I cancel is this refundable. Or does it depend on the dealer. Thanks 

Are you sure you have a valid driving licence? 🤔

So I decided to seek some further clarity on my order and went into the dealer to speak to the general manager.  He has confirmed that it is most likely now my order will have slipped into the MY23 production with an expectant September/October delivery. I ordered an F sport tech and safety pack end of December. 

I managed to get some further details on the updated spec and I am not happy. The F sport tech and safety pack is being deleted and some of the features I would have got previously, are now only part of the ‘premium pack’ . Namely, 3 eye LED headlights & driver seat memory. Initially, the general manager told me there will be a price increase due to spec changes but when I investigated at home, the new ‘F sport’ actually has a *lower* list price than the old F sport tech and safety pack. Does this mean I will be due some money back?

See images below:

image.thumb.jpg.079f04d24aa7a242510ae21257f78848.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b1ef3c7efa572b30433e7a8f322f3ca4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.30f2ba699713338cb34c5577d9e63a89.jpg

1 hour ago, Aljaf90 said:

So I decided to seek some further clarity on my order and went into the dealer to speak to the general manager.  He has confirmed that it is most likely now my order will have slipped into the MY23 production with an expectant September/October delivery. I ordered an F sport tech and safety pack end of December. 

I managed to get some further details on the updated spec and I am not happy. The F sport tech and safety pack is being deleted and some of the features I would have got previously, are now only part of the ‘premium pack’ . Namely, 3 eye LED headlights & driver seat memory. Initially, the general manager told me there will be a price increase due to spec changes but when I investigated at home, the new ‘F sport’ actually has a *lower* list price than the old F sport tech and safety pack. Does this mean I will be due some money back?

See images below:

image.thumb.jpg.079f04d24aa7a242510ae21257f78848.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b1ef3c7efa572b30433e7a8f322f3ca4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.30f2ba699713338cb34c5577d9e63a89.jpg

That mean Fsport model will not come with driver seat memory function at Standard.

59 minutes ago, EVANGELION said:

That mean Fsport model will not come with driver seat memory function at Standard.

Correct - you would need the takumi pack. And unfortunately i was told if I wanted to upgrade to the takumi pack - I’d lose my build slot spot.

7 minutes ago, Aljaf90 said:

Correct - you would need the takumi pack. And unfortunately i was told if I wanted to upgrade to the takumi pack - I’d lose my build slot spot.

Charge more and remove some of the function

As you order Tech& Safety pack, did your Lexus dealership mention  any refund or discount for you? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links