Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Better range for 300e?

Hi, all, this my first post so I hope it’s in the right place/context!

I’ve just signed for a reservation of a UX 300e Takumi with what the dealer swears is extended range of 250 miles - to be available next year. I’ve googled but can’t find anything about the refresh of the 300e. Any ideas? 

39 minutes ago, SleepyTiger said:

Hi, all, this my first post so I hope it’s in the right place/context!

I’ve just signed for a reservation of a UX 300e Takumi with what the dealer swears is extended range of 250 miles - to be available next year. I’ve googled but can’t find anything about the refresh of the 300e. Any ideas? 

There's no way they'd be able to get 250 miles out of it.

There's no where to put extra Battery packs to increase the range tbh unless they put more into the boot and make it smaller

Are you sure they don't mean the RZ

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

There's no way they'd be able to get 250 miles out of it.

There's no where to put extra battery packs to increase the range tbh unless they put more into the boot and make it smaller

Are you sure they don't mean the RZ

Completely sure, I have the paperwork for a UX 300e right here. 

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Let's have a look then 

Cannot post my order paperwork online! But I’ve emailed the dealer to ask for confirmation on the range, will share if I get anything back. If they can’t provide proof, I will be cancelling my order (what fun). 

I was just wondering if other people had heard anything. 

4 minutes ago, SleepyTiger said:

Cannot post my order paperwork online! But I’ve emailed the dealer to ask for confirmation on the range, will share if I get anything back. If they can’t provide proof, I will be cancelling my order (what fun). 

I was just wondering if other people had heard anything. 

Yes you can 

Just remove identifiable and financial information

I've not heard anything about it. And it seems extremely odd as it'll basically have the range as the RZ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes you can 

Just remove identifiable and financial information

I've not heard anything about it. And it seems extremely odd as it'll basically have the range as the RZ

hhhmmm, found this one

https://thedriven.io/model/lexus-ux300e/

says 400km range, that is 250 miles

but it is Nov 2021 article?

are they just changing the mileage?

It's said 400km in other markets for the UX300e since 2019. If you search Google with Lexus ux300e 400km you can see the dates of the articles

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

It's said 400km in other markets for the UX300e since 2019. If you search Google with Lexus ux300e 400km you can see the dates of the articles

I would advise SleepyTiger extreme caution cause they may just change UK spec on paper, for the same battery/car otherwise.

20 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I would advise SleepyTiger extreme caution cause they may just change UK spec on paper, for the same battery/car otherwise.

Thanks for the warning. I’ve opened a query with the dealer- my deposit is fully refundable as long as the build hasn’t started. The delivery date is May 2023. 

23 hours ago, SleepyTiger said:

Thanks for the warning. I’ve opened a query with the dealer- my deposit is fully refundable as long as the build hasn’t started. The delivery date is May 2023. 

May 2023? That's shocking!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

May 2023? That's shocking!

I think it was because that’s when the version with better range is expected. I’m honestly considering if I want to wait that long, as the default for “good range” keeps going up- so by May 2023, 250 miles might seem a bit scant. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SleepyTiger said:

I think it was because that’s when the version with better range is expected. I’m honestly considering if I want to wait that long, as the default for “good range” keeps going up- so by May 2023, 250 miles might seem a bit scant. 

by the way, I think the Toyota offering with 317miles for the same price is a better option. It will be available at showrooms next month, you can book one for £99 - I have asked to see it as it will be very similar to the Lexus RZ

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, talaipwros said:

by the way, I think the Toyota offering with 317miles for the same price is a better option. It will be available at showrooms next month, you can book one for £99 - I have asked to see it as it will be very similar to the Lexus RZ

According to the Toyota UK website the bZ4X has a range of 270 miles. Is there another Toyota EV maybe in another market with a better range?

2 minutes ago, Roger Bill said:

According to the Toyota UK website the bZ4X has a range of 270 miles. Is there another Toyota EV maybe in another market with a better range?

It says 317!

Screenshot_20220524-065837_Samsung Internet.jpg

32 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

It says 317!

Screenshot_20220524-065837_Samsung Internet.jpg

But as far as I can tell when using the build option https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x/build the spec for all the 2WD variants quotes a range of 270 miles (AWD figures are similar) . I wonder if another variant with greater range is in the pipeline or whether "is designed to deliver a range of up to 317 miles" is marketing speak vs the WLTP figures that have to be quoted in the build spec.

Screenshot_Toyota_EV.jpg

22 minutes ago, Roger Bill said:

But as far as I can tell when using the build option https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/bz4x/build the spec for all the 2WD variants quotes a range of 270 miles (AWD figures are similar) . I wonder if another variant with greater range is in the pipeline or whether "is designed to deliver a range of up to 317 miles" is marketing speak vs the WLTP figures that have to be quoted in the build spec.

Screenshot_Toyota_EV.jpg

Good catch. I am afraid it may be marketing speak, ( for instance Nissan leaf says 239 miles but was originally advertised as max>300 under certain conditions/driving in town with 20MPH and something like that- I think they have now stopped this nonsense)
if that is the case then :

1) that probably explains the supposedly new 250miles UX300e upgrade: There is probably no upgrade, just newspeak

2) bZ4x is still a better proposition than 300e

3) will those 250 RZ miles be real or newspeak? I am asking this because the AWD bZ4z says:

Pure Electric Range – Combined WLTP (miles)

255.38 mi

Pure Electric Range – Combined WLTP (miles) - Max

286.45 mi

Considering that Lexus RZ has same Battery but is much faster, one can reach the conclusion that those 250miles will be the "Max" range and the real think will be advertised as 225 miles.

We will see

• Like 1

Sorry you're confused  With a 71.4kWh battery, a WLTP range of up to 317 miles and power from 204bhp, bZ4X is competitively priced against other vehicles of its kind. More here: https://fal.cn/3mb4Q Can we help with anything else ?

Hmm, not sure what is going on. I asked them now to explain the discrepancy 

On 5/23/2022 at 11:35 PM, SleepyTiger said:

And that is exactly what scares me regarding electric vehicles. It reminds me of the computers in the nineties, 28mb/64/128 etc. Development is rapid at the moment and the range in 3 years time could well exceed the current miles by far. Toyota/Lexus securing 30% degradation max after 10 years sounds good but who just who would be interested in an EV in 10 years time with the current range?? Will they all be disposable like the good old desktops?? 

• Like 1