Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tow bar and electrics

Hello,

I'm looking to get a tow bar and electrics fitted on my 2007 Lexus RX350 so I can tow a trailer. Just wanted to ask if my car can have tow bar fitted and if so what is the best approach?

Could fit it myself possibly or pay some one to it. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

7 minutes ago, Davearia said:

Filled in the enquiry form and their reply was they don't have an engineer in my area.

A Manchester phone number Dave.

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/tow-bars-for-lexus/lexus-rx350-towbars.html#:~:text=For a Lexus RX 350,the tow bar can tow.

• Like 1

Just rang the Manchester branch and they say they don't fit tow bars on self leveling cars. Pretty sure my suspension has self leveling, so I'm not sure what to do.

Just now, Davearia said:

Just rang the Manchester branch and they say they don't fit tow bars on self leveling cars. Pretty sure my suspension has self leveling, so I'm not sure what to do.

Hopefully another Member with an RX will be along soon.

Well you can set the suspension from the console so could anyone confirm I'm right when I say if it set to let's say the middle setting that the suspension is going to stay in that position? Sorry if this is a numpty question BTW

PF jones fitted my tow bar on my 450H SE-L with air suspension so I don't know why they wont fit one. This was over 2 years ago. PS just looked on the website and they do one for air suspension and they offer fitting service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not to reply sooner, been away at the weekend. Booked my car in on the 25th with this company: https://fastfitz.co.uk/ fitted on my driveway. Flange towbar with 7 pin electrics, £439.

There were others including PF jones but didn't get much response back to be honest. Fingers crossed they'll do a good job.

Thanks everyone for their help so far, I'll report back later.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update - fastfitz came and fitted the towbar on my driveway this morning. Absolutely brilliant people, polite and professional. Highly recommend them to anyone 🙂

• Like 2