Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues with LexusLink App on NX450H

On 6/14/2022 at 11:13 PM, GeoffNX said:

Things are getting worse. The app frequently will not connect for hours on end and I have a feeling that this connectivity being so fragile is the reason the car does not communicate its position. Just what is going on with the servers Lexus? The car is great but the app is woefully fragile.

Agree Geoff. Its a hit or a miss whether journeys are ŕecorded. I'm giving up on it for now.

• 2 months later...

An update from me. My local Lexus dealer had the car in for investigation into the connected services issues on 30th August. They spent the day collecting data to share with Toyota and said they and Toyota were totally confused. So my status is still as it was when I took delivery. The Lexus Link app fails to record most journeys, has no idea where my car is and try as I might, I cannot see that there is any way to send a journey to the car sat nav from the app.  At lease the app seems to connect now and works for charging functions but beyond that it seems hopeless. Oh and they still have the Km/Hr  MPH conversion error in the maximum speed parameter on the My Lexus page.  Such a simple fix taking months for them even to confirm that they understand

44 minutes ago, GeoffNX said:

An update from me. My local Lexus dealer had the car in for investigation into the connected services issues on 30th August. They spent the day collecting data to share with Toyota and said they and Toyota were totally confused. So my status is still as it was when I took delivery. The Lexus Link app fails to record most journeys, has no idea where my car is and try as I might, I cannot see that there is any way to send a journey to the car sat nav from the app.  At lease the app seems to connect now and works for charging functions but beyond that it seems hopeless. Oh and they still have the Km/Hr  MPH conversion error in the maximum speed parameter on the My Lexus page.  Such a simple fix taking months for them even to confirm that they understand

Totally agree with you. The car itself is great to drive, but when it comes to Software, it is kind of sub-par...

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 12:00 PM, CY Leung said:

Totally agree with you. The car itself is great to drive, but when it comes to Software, it is kind of sub-par...

On 9/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, GeoffNX said:

They asked me to take mine in too but made no progress. The fact the data is also missing on the my Lexus portal means it is obviously nothing to do with the app and the fact they ask people to reinstall the app suggests the people on the frontline are clueless.

FWIW my dealer/ Lexus uk have now said my car (nx450h+) does not support the send to car feature. I pointed out this was at odds with what Lexus marketing say and what the price list says so they are going to advise the relevant departments.

You just have to hope that the teams behind the safety critical software are a bit more competent!

This is probably not what you want to hear but I'm not having the problems described to the same extent. I've just returned from a UK holiday taking in Scotland, England and Wales and the car is always within a few feet of where it says it is (although the address is wrong). Journeys are recorded and I can email myself a complete log of each leg; my average hybrid coaching score is 88.

Sending a route to your car from the phone has not been implemented yet in Europe. Lexus told me that this feature is a priority and should, hopefully, be released soon.

The Km/miles debacle is unforgivable in my opinion.

I can't explain why I'm having fewer issues. I did take a lot of care to switch everything on during the set-up: wifi, Bluetooth, tethering, location, data on the phone and all services were turned on within the app. Whilst waiting for collection, I told the app where my car was located (it asked me). I have kept wifi, Bluetooth, data and location switched on since I've had the car. I'm not saying all these things are essential, just throwing in a few ideas that may explain the differences.

In my case when it works, it works but the issue is that since March something like 50% of the journeys don’t get recorded and (when a trip is not recorded) the location for find my car is not updated. Having said that it has worked properly for the last two days ..

The vehicle must be managing to communicate with the servers because mileage/ fuel is always updated properly.

From your explanation of what you have set up I’m guessing you don’t use apple car play? It would be interesting if that was a factor.

As for send to car, the Lexus multimedia team told me in may it would be released within a couple of months at the latest. It is since then I have been told by Lexus uk, via the dealer, that it will not be supported on my model (nx 450h +). So not sure who to believe.

Take today (27 Feb) as an example, none of my three trips today is shown in Trips History (both PC My Lexus & iOS Lexus Link). 

In regards to "Driving Analytics", it is about 1000 miles off compared to actual mileage (6690/7750, i.e. ~14%).

I guess this issue might be related to poor cellular signal, about 30% I would see Guest Profile / Profile can't sync message when I drive the car from my living place. 

P.S. I am apple CarPlay user

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

31 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Exactly the same in the portal as the app re journeys Malcolm

In fact the portal still thinks today is Fri last week 🙄

Strange. On the front page of the App, is the Last Trip recorded every time? (It does on mine, albeit it can take up to a couple of hours to appear)

11 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Strange. On the front page of the App, is the Last Trip recorded every time? (It does on mine, albeit it can take up to a couple of hours to appear)

Last trip n the front of the app is still the one I completed last Thursday. Still nothing showing for Sat, Mon & yesterday.

When I login to the app this morning I get a message saying they are having some issues once again, although it does load🙄

14 hours ago, Ken R said:

Car fantastic. App dreadful.

I agree Ken. After a few weeks of the app working fine - for both "last parked location" and driving analytics info - I thought that maybe Lexus had sorted it. However in recent days it has gone back to it's bad old ways.

With regards to the "last parked location", I find that more often than not it reports the time and location of when the last journey commenced rather then when it ended. Seems like the car reports it's location when the car is started but not when it's turned off.

I have never used any of the other features of the app (such as remote defrost\heating; lock\unlock; etc.) so I don't view it's functionality (or lack of) as critical to my otherwise complete satisfaction with the car itself.

11 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Last trip n the front of the app is still the one I completed last Thursday. Still nothing showing for Sat, Mon & yesterday.

When I login to the app this morning I get a message saying they are having some issues once again, although it does load🙄

Stranger still. I am on version 4.14.0 of the App and have been for a while. If you are on the same version, it doesn't make sense that all 4 of my journeys today have recorded correctly whilst your app is reporting that it is having issues.

10 hours ago, Andy B said:

I agree Ken. After a few weeks of the app working fine - for both "last parked location" and driving analytics info - I thought that maybe Lexus had sorted it. However in recent days it has gone back to it's bad old ways.

With regards to the "last parked location", I find that more often than not it reports the time and location of when the last journey commenced rather then when it ended. Seems like the car reports it's location when the car is started but not when it's turned off.

I have never used any of the other features of the app (such as remote defrost\heating; lock\unlock; etc.) so I don't view it's functionality (or lack of) as critical to my otherwise complete satisfaction with the car itself.

Whilst we have every right to expect the app to work (and be better than it is), I do think it is a bit gimicky. I can remember where I parked my car and the hybrid coaching only tells me what I already know, if I brake or accelerate hard, My fuel consumption/electric range will be reduced. It is mildly interesting to know what electric range I have remaining but it doesn't tell me the range for the amount of petrol in the tank and I've never craved to know that information whilst sitting on my sofa. In truth, the only truly useful function that I rely on the app for is to schedule charging so that the car will be ready when I leave for work at 8 o'clock in the morning.

3 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Stranger still. I am on version 4.14.0 of the App and have been for a while. If you are on the same version, it doesn't make sense that all 4 of my journeys today have recorded correctly whilst your app is reporting that it is having issues.

I don't think it is really is the app that is the problem. The car updates central servers in the cloud and the app/ portal then queries those servers for information (it needs to be like this so journeys are recorded even if there is no phone in the vehicle). The real problem is therefore that the car is not correctly updating the servers.

As far as I know everyone experiencing problems will find that the portal shows the same incorrect data as the app.

I have a particularly inaccurate display at the moment where find my car shows the location my car was a few days ago but shows it with a timestamp of 14 Feb !

• Like 1

That's 7 individual trips today and only one recorded! Also saying the car is now 14 miles away. Pitiful!

11 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Update, Tuesday’s trips updated today🙄, bizarre.

I can’t see the version of the app Malcolm but it should be up to date since an update came through not too long ago. The glitch I reported yesterday only lasted for about an hour if that, so I assume that it working when you tried was just a timing issue. Not very convenient though if I was wanting to set the car to warm up a little at the point the app failed😟

The only use I find in the app is the ability to pre heat the car etc and the trip mileage, particularly for local trips, so that I can estimate the Battery performance whilst running in pure EV mode.

I am beginning to think that the issues I’m having is actually with the car updating the servers that run the app and is related to the fact that the car is usually garaged on my return to home, weak signal syndrome. The app usually “finds” the car quickly when I want to pre heat etc.

My trips have only ever been sporadic with the annual mileage saying that I’ve  traveled around 5000 miles when the card has done nearer to 7

Also recently the remote heating has not worked with either an error always reported or, if I unlock and then lock the car with the fob, the heating comes on and the goes off immediately.

Similar to what others who are having issues with remote heating (on another thread) the mileage, fuel level and car location have stopped updating. 

Recently the location, mileage and fuel levels updated once (13th Jan around 1pm) but when I look at the car location in app the date says 13th Feb at 20:57 (which I assume is 2022 as we’re not there yet) so there is something not being reported or stored correctly either in the car or servers which may all be linked  (car date and time is correct and automatically updated).

AB279CFB-4048-4172-9C7E-12E4248EB773.thumb.jpeg.955850046cc5f7aca9d11dec5ce312e4.jpeg

Since the 13th no further updates to the mileage, fuel or location have occurred and the remote heating still doesn’t operate (which was a shame during the recent cold snap)

it’s not a major issue, just a disappointment that I’ll raise with the dealership (along with fuel cap not opening and locks being frozen) when it goes in for a service in March

Following on from Richard's comment, I assume that the relevant permissions have been granted to allow the car, app and central servers to communicate with each other?

Potentially, these include: Connected Services Master Data Consent; Service Connect Communication (might be optional); WiFi Connect (optional); External Vehicle Video Capture (optional). I took these permissions from the Deep Dive tutorial so, being a US video, they might be different in UK. As there is no detailed description of the system, I don't know which are optional, I have just guessed from the description. It may also be the case that opting in to a particular consent could cause a problem by overloading the bandwidth with, say, video data, that is then preventing the timely transmission of other data, such as location and/or trip details.

Just to show me that I am not immune from the problems being experienced by many, since 6 o'clock last night, my location (4 places) has been accurate but the journey information is not (yet) showing in the app  or in the portal log (3 journeys). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links