Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Issues with LexusLink App on NX450H

I have had my NX 2 weeks now, the car is great but its interaction with the Lexus Link app seems fragile. Since Friday the app has stopped showing my trips in the Hybrid Coaching section. I have not changed privacy settings and the app knows the car location so I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.  There is no obvious way to send a destination to the car satnav and the app often fails to load too.

4 minutes ago, GeoffNX said:

I have had my NX 2 weeks now, the car is great but its interaction with the Lexus Link app seems fragile. Since Friday the app has stopped showing my trips in the Hybrid Coaching section. I have not changed privacy settings and the app knows the car location so I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.  There is no obvious way to send a destination to the car satnav and the app often fails to load too.

I occasionally have the same problem where my trips disappear for a few days then magically some - but not all -return. I spoke to Lexus about this and they told me to delete the app and then restore. I have done this a number of times but I still get the problem. With regards to sending a destination to the car nav, I cannot find a way of sending to the car (as I did with my previous NX) and so far Lexus have not provided any solution or answers to this which I find disappointing 

Its a new system - there will be some teething issues. Updates will take some time - id say a few months

Mercedes have had their app out for years and it still doesnt unlock and lock the car! 

1 hour ago, GeoffNX said:

I (and, I believe, others on here) have the same problems.

It currently thinks my car is at a location I visited nearly a week ago and I've driven the car multiple times since then. I've given up referring to it now. The app has been demoted to my "app drawer" rather than my homepage.

• Like 1

Just to add..... what's curious about the app is that although it's reporting of the car's journeys and current location is very hit and miss, it seems to be able to accurately report the current mileage and remaining fuel percentage. Very weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

Just to add..... what's curious about the app is that although it's reporting of the car's journeys and current location is very hit and miss, it seems to be able to accurately report the current mileage and remaining fuel percentage. Very weird.

Same here. 

Mileage and Fuel are exact but car location is shown 60 miles away from me. I too have stopped looking at the app.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Same here. 

Mileage and Fuel are exact but car location is shown 60 miles away from me. I too have stopped looking at the app.

Yep. Same with me. App hasn't recorded my last 5 journeys!

• Sad 1

I have just been out to my car and the OTA Software Update message came up.

I downloaded and installed the updates in about 20 minutes. When I opened Lexus Link on my iPad the find my car car is now showing it at home with me rather than the 60 miles away it was showing before the update.

We live in hope……

There is no hope!

Even after the OTA software update the Lexus Link app is showing the last journey as being one made 2 days ago. Must be an App issue. I am not going to look anymore. 🤬

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, hintonwood said:

There is no hope!

Even after the OTA software update the Lexus Link app is showing the last journey as being one made 2 days ago. Must be an App issue. I am not going to look anymore. 🤬

Agree totally. I have just been away in the car for a long weekend and according to the app my last journey was 3 days ago and the car today is currently 40 miles away which is very strange given it is currently charging on my driveway! This is poor and Lexus need to get this issue addressed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with the app today? I either can’t log in, or it gets as far as 65% progress “loading your vehicle details” then says “We had an 003 error while loading your data. Please wait 10 mins and try again”

Yes,same here. Also many other software issues. Had a recall for the stability control reprogramming, will be going in about 10 days and they will do a software update too to solve all other issues, hope it works. 

My first time buying a Lexus. To be honest not having that good a feeling about the brand. Felt special with the dealership until I paid my deposit. No updates on delivery, the app being low quality. Have I done the right thing in ordering? 

44 minutes ago, Al Price said:

My first time buying a Lexus. To be honest not having that good a feeling about the brand. Felt special with the dealership until I paid my deposit. No updates on delivery, the app being low quality. Have I done the right thing in ordering? 

Yes. Absolutely the correct choice. I am now on my second Lexus and don't reckon there is anything in the market place that comes near to quality, reliability and customer service. I think some dealerships are currently struggling to meet client service of old due to circumstances outwith their direct control and I have a degree of sympathy with them. It must be frustrating to be unable to meet demand for the product they sell when the manufacturer has erratic supply chain issues.

It will be worth the wait.

Drive a Lexus and you will experience amazing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ken R said:

Yes. Absolutely the correct choice. I am now on my second Lexus and don't reckon there is anything in the market place that comes near to quality, reliability and customer service. I think some dealerships are currently struggling to meet client service of old due to circumstances outwith their direct control and I have a degree of sympathy with them. It must be frustrating to be unable to meet demand for the product they sell when the manufacturer has erratic supply chain issues.

It will be worth the wait.

Drive a Lexus and you will experience amazing!

Thank you for your encouraging words. Im really looking forward to owning one, breaking away from Mercedes. 😊

11 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi Ken - I thought you weren't going to look at it anymore 😜

I fell for the click-bait Andy!😂 Had a look to see it wasn’t working then had a look in the evening to see that the app was working but the location and last trip were still showing the usual out of date *****!🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had the same issue with the app, much to the annoyance of my youngest as I couldn't cool the car down remotely! 😄
When it did start working though, I had to re-add my car and then link it again with the QR code, hopefully not a regular occurence 😕

On 5/23/2022 at 12:00 PM, GeoffNX said:

Things are getting worse. The app frequently will not connect for hours on end and I have a feeling that this connectivity being so fragile is the reason the car does not communicate its position. Just what is going on with the servers Lexus? The car is great but the app is woefully fragile.

• Like 1