Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter to summer wheel TPMS reset??

HI Folks

It's time for me to put my summer wheels on my RX 2014 (a little late) after a mild winter with the Michelin Cross Climate 2 which have been brilliant and highly recommended.

So my question is - what do i do when swapping my wheels with regard to the TPMS? The garage sorted it out last time as the winters were new then. I can straight swap at home but don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I would have thought the Cross Climates would be fine all the year round unless you are planning a trip round the Nurburgring 😉

• Like 2

Do you mean you have two sets of wheels with TPMS valves? If both sets have been registered with the system (the garage did this last year?) then nothing to do, just swap the wheels over and the system will sort itself out. According to my handbook (2019)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you mean you have two sets of wheels with TPMS valves? If both sets have been registered with the system (the garage did this last year?) then nothing to do, just swap the wheels over and the system will sort itself out. According to my handbook (2019)

Yes, that’s what used to happen with my NX. I had two sets of wheels and tyres, both with TPMS valves registered to the car. Swapping over was simply a case of removing one set and bolting the other set on.

Thats exactly it Nemesis and First Lexus, thanks for the tip.

@Spock66 Agreed the cross climates are excellent and it has definitely made me want to make the permanent switch in the future. I have the summer set so will wear them down first.

Thanks for all your quick replies folks

Si 

• Like 1