Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid battery repair for Lexus GS450H

If anyone has like me seen the dreaded warning that the hybrid Battery has failed then I strongly recommend they contact Hybrid Battery repair services (www.hybridbatteryrepairservice.co.uk) and speak to Mark.  Not only is he very knowledgeable on all types of hybrid Battery systems he offers to collect your Battery and carry out a condition analysis to identify what cells are failing and replaces these before reconditioning the entire hybrid Battery and then gives you a 12 month warranty.  Lexus main dealer quoted over £3,200 for replacing the Battery whereas Mark managed to repair and recondition for well less than half the main dealer estimate.  I cannot recommend this company enough for their great service and knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

who are they?

where are they?

are they Members?

who are you ?

An unusual first post.

I thought the web link given (www.hybridbatteryrepairservice.co.uk) might have some answers, John, but it's not working.

Simon - is this the correct address?

Paul

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, royoftherovers said:

who are they?

where are they?

are they Members?

who are you ?

An unusual first post.

I agree with you John and no response since is a bit too good to be true to believe. The website link as someone said is still not working...

• Like 1

for those interested in hybrid Battery repairs .  I do recollect here somewhere a piece identifying a well versed and contactable Hybrid Battery repair business

It might have been mentioned long back in my much earlier post somewhere thinking about the comparisons twixt the Ls400 -430-460- and 600 and the batteries costing a staggering £15k maybe 

I didn't take too much notice of it as I'm firmly just old school 4ltr V8 petrol with an emissions scandal going on right now :whistling:

Malc

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Malc said:

for those interested in hybrid battery repairs .  I do recollect here somewhere a piece identifying a well versed and contactable Hybrid Battery repair business

It might have been mentioned long back in my much earlier post somewhere thinking about the comparisons twixt the Ls400 -430-460- and 600 and the batteries costing a staggering £15k maybe 

I didn't take too much notice of it as I'm firmly just old school 4ltr V8 petrol with an emissions scandal going on right now :whistling:

Malc

Twas me oh Lord Malc of the Manor !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Richard,

Are you still doing Battery refurbs? I just extracted my GS450h Battery, and I seem to have multiple dead modules. eBay has 'used' modules for between £22 and £30, but if I need all 40 that is going to cost a packet! 

I have hunted for a module re-conditioner similar to ones used on Youtube, but I have come up empty. I guess if I have to I'll build my own. I am electronics engineer after all.  

9 hours ago, hazelnut said:

Hi Richard,

Are you still doing battery refurbs? I just extracted my GS450h battery, and I seem to have multiple dead modules. eBay has 'used' modules for between £22 and £30, but if I need all 40 that is going to cost a packet! 

I have hunted for a module re-conditioner similar to ones used on Youtube, but I have come up empty. I guess if I have to I'll build my own. I am electronics engineer after all.  

Yes I am still doing my thing, what exactly are you after?

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 10:09 AM, Simon Trundle said:

If anyone has like me seen the dreaded warning that the hybrid Battery has failed then I strongly recommend they contact Hybrid Battery repair services (www.hybridbatteryrepairservice.co.uk) and speak to Mark.  Not only is he very knowledgeable on all types of hybrid Battery systems he offers to collect your Battery and carry out a condition analysis to identify what cells are failing and replaces these before reconditioning the entire hybrid Battery and then gives you a 12 month warranty.  Lexus main dealer quoted over £3,200 for replacing the Battery whereas Mark managed to repair and recondition for well less than half the main dealer estimate.  I cannot recommend this company enough for their great service and knowledge.

Hi the actual website is https://www.hybridrepairservice.co.uk   The company is the Institute of the Motor Industry TechSafe certified and is fully insured to carry out hybrid Battery system repair.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some time later...I did end up rebuilding the Battery in my 2006 GS450h with the 'B' cell set. But sadly the engine had a timing failure. About six months later my 2009 GS450h HV Battery failed, as always seems to happen the middle cells of the pack read very low. So the question is can I simply swap the 2006 pack into the 2009 ?  Or do I have to tear them both down and swap the BMS box as well ? Both HV assemblies have the same Toyota/Lexus part number.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links