Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, MaximusPrime said:

RF53 PGX is the reg plate if you want to check the MOT history, the current one runs until March 2023. Some of the advisories mention suspension components, might not be cheap:

• Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement both front
  • Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge both rear 
  • Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement

They've listed it as a one owner car. Exterior and interior look really clean, generally looks like it's been well looked after, no obvious rust spots or dents, hardly any wear on the steering wheel, tyres seem to have plenty of tread on them.

There's some higher resolution pictures of the car here: https://www.sdvehicles.co.uk/details/used-car-in-nuneaton/lexus/ls430/4.3/691010/

How did you get the reg? Have you been to see it already? Or did I just miss it somewhere, one of the photos looks like the rear bumper may have had new paint and the left tail pipe looks a little further in behind the bumper edge, that may just be the photo angle I'm not sure, I'll see what it looks like if I can get down Sunday

15 hours ago, Rory said:

How did you get the reg? Have you been to see it already? Or did I just miss it somewhere, one of the photos looks like the rear bumper may have had new paint and the left tail pipe looks a little further in behind the bumper edge, that may just be the photo angle I'm not sure, I'll see what it looks like if I can get down Sunday

In this particular instance the dealer has put the reg plate in the brochure on their website - https://cardealer5.co.uk/flyernew2.php?id=691010 🙂 

I've not noticed any obvious paint work on the bumper, but then I also thought the car was blue, turns out it's grey, what do I know haha! The exhaust actually looks okay to be fair, I think it's just the angle of the photo, however if you zoom in all the way you can spot little signs of surface rust on the backbox, another thing to keep in mind ahead of your visit I suppose. 

If it's as clean in reality as it looks in pictures I would say go for it, maybe try to drive down the price a bit, especially if those advisories have not been addressed yet. 

As an alternative, there's an early 2005 LS430 in grey located in Widnes - it's a bit cheaper too at £6495 - https://www.jandncars.co.uk/details/car-in-widnes/lexus/ls430/4.3/682719/ 

Pretty much identical car, same miles, even the MOT history looks the same 🙂

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

RG53 has now sold (very quickley) did you buy it?

No I'm working solid for the next week so Sunday was my only chance to go, never mind, there'll be another

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaximusPrime said:

In this particular instance the dealer has put the reg plate in the brochure on their website - https://cardealer5.co.uk/flyernew2.php?id=691010 🙂 

I've not noticed any obvious paint work on the bumper, but then I also thought the car was blue, turns out it's grey, what do I know haha! The exhaust actually looks okay to be fair, I think it's just the angle of the photo, however if you zoom in all the way you can spot little signs of surface rust on the backbox, another thing to keep in mind ahead of your visit I suppose. 

If it's as clean in reality as it looks in pictures I would say go for it, maybe try to drive down the price a bit, especially if those advisories have not been addressed yet. 

As an alternative, there's an early 2005 LS430 in grey located in Widnes - it's a bit cheaper too at £6495 - https://www.jandncars.co.uk/details/car-in-widnes/lexus/ls430/4.3/682719/ 

Pretty much identical car, same miles, even the MOT history looks the same 🙂

That one in Widnes was previously up for £5295 somewhere else, they're still the original photos from the previous sale, I really don't like the grey interior on them though so no matter, but I couldn't pay an extra grand having left it at 5,3

7 hours ago, cruisermark said:

RF53 PGX - has apeared on ebay as a "new listing" - it's still showing as sold on their website

Disappeared just as quickly, I'll keep looking, 🤣. the more I miss the better guide I'm getting on realistic pricing, after Sunday I go in to 9 day shifts on the bounce so I'm expecting several more potential cars to come up for sale from Monday while I'm tied up in work...

On 6/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, Rory said:

Disappeared just as quickly, I'll keep looking, 🤣. the more I miss the better guide I'm getting on realistic pricing, after Sunday I go in to 9 day shifts on the bounce so I'm expecting several more potential cars to come up for sale from Monday while I'm tied up in work...

What do you think of this one in silver, Rory? 

Registered in mid 2003, just shy of 66,000 on the clock, no advisories on the MOT since 2015. The only thing you mentioned you didn't like is the light interior, which this one has, other than that a very clean car!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275348826179?hash=item401c11a843:g:dgQAAOSwDN9iqBJt

Dealer page here: https://www.my-next-car.co.uk/used-lexus-ls-sandy-bedfordshire-4418284 

Yeh I've had a quick look at that online already, wanted the 6 speed facelift ideally but the figures aren't too different, I'm unsure if that can be said for real world use?

14 minutes ago, Rory said:

Another potential winner here, gonna call after work and possibly secure it, I'm working straight through until Wednesday, but I'm only 20 miles away from this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202206176882146?atmobcid=soc3

Looks very clean - even no nail marks below the screen - reasonably priced going by todays asking prices

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex - eleven said:

I see it has had a parrot phone system installed. Doesn't the 04 come with the phone system built in? Mine is a 54 and has it.

yes it does - perhaps some people prefer a standalone system

My last 430 came with a Nokia carkit fitted which worked independantly from the Lexus system.

23 hours ago, Rory said:

Another potential winner here, gonna call after work and possibly secure it, I'm working straight through until Wednesday, but I'm only 20 miles away from this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202206176882146?atmobcid=soc3

Deposit paid 👍

6 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Did you view it before hand?

I did, I'm on call today so I found a window to drive up, all in all cosmetically there's a few touched up stone chips and the footrest next to the pedals is grubby, it may have had a touch up on the rear bumper so I'll have a closer look, if it has I'm certain it's only been to cover a scrape and not a dent, it's a very straight looking car, I want a new set of front mats for it to make it as close to perfect, the fella Alex took me along a decent route to give it a nice test drive, it felt great, no pulling in odd directions under acceleration or braking, went down a carriage way to give it a little push and it pulls nicely, a couple of tight turns and I didn't hear any full lock noises to cause concern, that's just off the top of my head when I was checking stuff out, I'm picking it up on Wednesday as I'm finally due a day off, needless to say I'll end up putting 3 figures in the tank and taking it for a nice drive

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rory said:

I did, I'm on call today so I found a window to drive up, all in all cosmetically there's a few touched up stone chips and the footrest next to the pedals is grubby, it may have had a touch up on the rear bumper so I'll have a closer look, if it has I'm certain it's only been to cover a scrape and not a dent, it's a very straight looking car, I want a new set of front mats for it to make it as close to perfect, the fella Alex took me along a decent route to give it a nice test drive, it felt great, no pulling in odd directions under acceleration or braking, went down a carriage way to give it a little push and it pulls nicely, a couple of tight turns and I didn't hear any full lock noises to cause concern, that's just off the top of my head when I was checking stuff out, I'm picking it up on Wednesday as I'm finally due a day off, needless to say I'll end up putting 3 figures in the tank and taking it for a nice drive

V POWER E5 Rory ?

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

V POWER E5 Rory ?

I haven't even checked that, most places where I live offer E5 so I've no issues if that's what's recommended, I've been putting that in the IS300 since I got it running again anyway

• Like 1

Just now, Malc said:

did you check the different rakes on the steering column to make sure they fully work ?

Malc

Yeh I'll 6'3 so the first thing I have to do is move the wheel away from my thighs, all good, checked the sound system, the double glazing, I was very thorough

• Like 2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202206206986199?atmobcid=soc3

If I'd waited a few days 🤣

Although the only colour I wanted more than the gold is blue rather than black, the interior of this one isn't as well looked after as mine and mine is a chunk less miles, but for the money I reckon it'll go fairly quickly too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202206206986199?atmobcid=soc3

If I'd waited a few days 🤣

Although the only colour I wanted more than the gold is blue rather than black, the interior of this one isn't as well looked after as mine and mine is a chunk less miles, but for the money I reckon it'll go fairly quickly too

Yours is definatley in better condition and lower mileage

• Like 1

Just had a quick look around the forum but no relevent topics have recent replies...

My is300 still has the original sound system which is fully operational, however I did add a usb/SD/aux into the minidisk input on the head unit, I'm assuming it isn't compatible with the LS unit as it was only compatible with certain IS200/300 units, does anyone have a similar kit on their LS that doesn't do away with their factory unit?