Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AA Cover confusion

When I swapped my IS300h (the fastest car in it's segment, rocket ship etc) for Betsy (the airport transfer car, executive taxi etc) I contacted the AA to let them know that the car on my personal plate had changed. "Oh don't worry Mincey," they told me, "all will be well". Well, "well" it isn't. I've come home today to find a letter from Lexus telling me that my AA cover will run out in mid-June. It took bloody ages to persuade them that my IS was now an ES back in last October. I hope that the phone call on Monday will be a successful one. I will report back asap as I can tell that all of you are already waiting with baited breath to see how this goes....

Is this the Lexus roadside assistance, as provided by the AA?

if so I think you should have contacted Lexus rather than directly to the AA. I have just extended my initial free 3yr cover for another 2yrs and this was all done through Lexus.

4 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Is this the Lexus roadside assistance, as provided by the AA?

if so I think you should have contacted Lexus rather than directly to the AA. I have just extended my initial free 3yr cover for another 2yrs and this was all done through Lexus.

I contacted the number Lexus Customer Services gave me. It all seemed kosher at the time. I will be calling 0800 169 0393 on Monday morning. 

I just rang now as I had a some spare time. Five minutes at least of recorded announcements then "Please ring back during our office hours which are Monday...." aaargh!

• Like 1

Just in case anyone needs to talk to Lexus Assistance to get their cover sorted out, they don't work on Bank Holidays. It's lucky that some people do, i.e. the software team at Thompson Reuters, or I'd be in a right pickle now after some server upgrades went Pete Tong yesterday.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, Mincey said:

IS300h (the fastest car in it's segment, rocket ship etc) for Betsy (the airport transfer car, executive taxi etc) 

Nice to see you know the purpose of your car well 👍

When I changed the plate last Decemeber there was some confusion as well e.g. they sent me letter stating that my cover will start from the day I change the VRN and that I will have to pay £120 which will be taken by direct debit. To be fair I just ignored it and it worked out fine - no extra payment was taken and cover expired in May as it should have. But it seems that communication between AA and Lexus is not the greatest,by the way AA was providing actual cover all along or at least as long as I can remember (~2017), but with Lexus you just get discount and better terms.

I happen to have issue with Portuguese rented IS300h in Spain last week and it took good 20 minutes for the person to figure out whenever I am covered or not (I wasn't). One interesting thing I he told me thought - you have 1 month grace period on the cover, so technically you get 13month of cover if you really want to push it.

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

Just in case anyone needs to talk to Lexus Assistance to get their cover sorted out, they don't work on Bank Holidays. It's lucky that some people do, i.e. the software team at Thompson Reuters, or I'd be in a right pickle now after some server upgrades went Pete Tong yesterday.

Just to be clear here - yes the customer service line of Lexus RA does not work, but you can report the incident and receive roadside assistance 24/7/365

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Just to be clear here - yes the customer service line of Lexus RA does not work, but you can report the incident and receive roadside assistance 24/7/365

Thank you for clarifying that. I would be mortified to think that any fellow Lexus owners who may have suffered a one in a million breakdown this Bank Holiday weekend might have taken my post to think that they would have been left high and dry on the side of the road. I'm glad that I wrote "Just in case anyone needs to talk to Lexus Assistance to get their cover sorted out" and not "Just in case anyone needs to talk to Lexus Assistance in the very unlikely event of a breakdown". It's very easy to misconstrue things, isn't it?

The way you said it sounded like big tragedy, almost like you would be left standing on the side of the road because of that or would need to call Lexus to report it. But the reality is that apart of complains and rare adjustments to the policy there is no need to actually call Lexus, the breakdown cover is provided by AA and in emergency you need to call them, and yes I know number says it is Lexus, but as soon as you select that you want to report breakdown it redirects to AA.

I have used cover twice and both times it was not working hours for Lexus, but AA was able to figure it out, sure they were not very knowledgeable on what it is and what it coves, and they kept asking me to wait on the call before confirming details, but we get there in the end. I mean I know it is called Lexus Roadside Assistance, but realistically Lexus just provides discount and better terms of AA cover, the only important number on cover is the AA number and it works all the time. 

All sorted. 20 minutes on hold then another 10 to "update their systems". I'm still struggling to understand a) why the dealer didn't do their job properly and b) why it took so long. Don't they realise some of us have fares to pick up?

One point to note .. Lexus have been writing to those of us that pay for the Lexus Breakdown cover monthy .. they are no longer giving this option.. they will only be doing payments annually or biannual.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links