Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not able to make phone calls via voice commands

I have my Iphone connected via a USB cable to CarPlay.  I can use it fine with navigation, music etc. so setup is OK.  I can make phone calls (in/out) if I use the screen and navigate to the phone icon or the phone button on the steering.  However, if I try to use the voice command button on the steering, it tells me something like there is no phone connected.  Any idea as to how to fix this?  

Thanks 

I would give up on ever using it. The Lexus voice recognition is and always has been, abysmal, and usually goes something like this:

Me: "Call home"
Car: "Dialling 837. If this is incorrect blah, blah"
Me: "Dial home"
Car: "Dialling 3492. If this is incorrect...."
Me: "Dial 01632 753951"
Car: "Dialling 58. If this is incorrect....."
Me: "AARRGGHH!!!"

• Like 1

Hi Herbie, your car is fun!  Japanese humour maybe?  Anyway would love to see if mine has that sence of humour too.  it works pretty good for me with radio channels, so was hoping it would with the phone. 

So what is your setup?  Any idea as to why it does nothing in my car? 

Any setup with Lexus software is giving the opposite experience than you have (and should have) when comparing to Lexus hardware.

Lexus has been one of the best options to get a reliable car, but never had software that could match it.

ML audio is fantastic, but do keep the settings in neutral as Lexus cannot do anything correct when it is about software. Want to change sound do that in the source. For most of us it will be a smartphone through Bluetooth.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links