Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will a 2014 auto diff fit on a 2007 manual IS250?

As the title says.  

Will a 2014 LEXUS IS250 F-SPORT PETROL AUTOMATIC Diff fit on a 2007 (56 plate) 6speed manual IS250?  

I'm looking for a spare diff to play around with and found a used one for £70. Claims the engine has only done 21k miles. Would this be a direct fit ignoring ratios and all that?

EDIT: On second thoughts it dosn't look like it will fit. The 2005 auto vs the 2014 has different mounting points which is a bit of a shame really. Unless the internals could be swapped but then only if the F-sport has a LSD better than what is currently on my car.

mk3 IS250 Auto should fit mk2 Auto, I don't believe they changed anything about drivetrain. However, I don't think it fits manual (at very least autos had different final ratio) and as far as I know neither had LSD at all - IS250 auto were open diff. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

mk3 IS250 Auto should fit mk2 Auto, I don't believe they changed anything about drivetrain. However, I don't think it fits manual (at very least autos had different final ratio) and as far as I know neither had LSD at all - IS250 auto were open diff. 

These are the two I'm comparing online. 2014 F-Sport vs 2005 Auto They both look different. I'm not to bothered about final drive as i'll more than likely fit a BRZ internals but i'd like to keep a stock spare incase either things go wrong or i decide to sell up etc...

I suggest you search this forum and look for I puts from Lucas who yes has a manual is250 but he knows his stuff on rear diffs. He's mentioned autos and knows final drive ratios and I think it's MR2 diffs he's used and that they fit the auto. I forget his user name but its the same as he reg number of his car. Sorry for the vagueness. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links