Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Ip On This Site?

Rob

hi all,

ok i keep getting a pop up warning via peer guardian when ever i am on this site ( never happens any other time)

the ip is:195.8.69.68:80 which is claranet NOC and customer network

who knows why???????

It sounds like "Claranet (UK) Ltd (HC53-ORG)" have an open relay on their Exchange but not sure why it's being sent to you. You could always give them a bell, they are based in London. Or you can add them to your Block list and this will stop all attempts by them. I've just done a trace like you and find a few open ports.

Have you visited their site at any point ??, if not then you could always download a program called "AD-AWARE 6", this will track and detect/delete any add-on apps that you are not aware off.

as far as we are aware rob it is not coming from this site.. probably popped up whilst you were visiting the site.

if it apperas on a specific page mate then please PM me the details.

we had something similar with flash avatars and we found a hole in the software... this has been patched.

please send more info if you get it again mate

My avatar is hosted on Clara but the A records point to 195.8.69.240 & 195.8.69.65 so it doesn't look like that is causing it...

ah ha that might be it because as i loked at this page i got the warning again but this time it was 195.8.69.240 so looks like that might be it.

At least that's sorted mate, sorry about that - didn't even realise that it was still pointing to my webspace at Clara - d'oh!

I'll just get my coat :oops:

I guess that should stop the problem for anyone else who was getting this so at least that's sorted now!