Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 NX - Printed Handbook?

Having a great time with my new (ex-demo) 450h+ after a number of longer journeys but just realised that it did not come with a printed handbook/wallet.  Is this something the dealer forgot or they just do not come with them any more?

Also supplementary question, is there any way to get the average fuel consumption for the current trip in the dashboard?  Mine only says the Total one (i.e. since new).

Many thanks

Dave

Hi glad your enjoying the car, me too. I picked up ex demo NX450h in April and mine came with a handbook and folder. I would contact the dealer 

Kenny 

12 minutes ago, dts439 said:

Having a great time with my new (ex-demo) 450h+ after a number of longer journeys but just realised that it did not come with a printed handbook/wallet.  Is this something the dealer forgot or they just do not come with them any more?

Also supplementary question, is there any way to get the average fuel consumption for the current trip in the dashboard?  Mine only says the Total one (i.e. since new).

Many thanks

Dave

Just ask for one.

I am surprised that one should drive a £50k plus vehicle on a number of long journeys without having familiarised oneself with its essentials.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dts439 said:

Also supplementary question, is there any way to get the average fuel consumption for the current trip in the dashboard?

You can on the RX so I guess it's probably available on the NX too.

8 minutes ago, dts439 said:

As far as I know, unfortunately this is not possible during the actual trip - unless (and I'm guessing here) you reset the overall statistics in the Trip Information section of the Infotainment system at the start of each trip?

As you probably know already, you only get to see the current trip's MPG figures (in the centre dash) when you switch off the car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Just ask for one.

I am surprised that one should drive a £50k plus vehicle on a number of long journeys without having familiarised oneself with its essentials.

Will do.

I did download both manuals as PDFs prior to picking it up.  Being my first Lexus after almost exclusively Audis over the last 20 years I did my best to acclimatise to the Lexus way of doing things.  What would be a standard function in one is not in the other and vice versa (and its 1408 pages in total).  I'd argue that the value of the car is irrelevant though 🙂 

5 hours ago, Andy B said:

As far as I know, unfortunately this is not possible during the actual trip - unless (and I'm guessing here) you reset the overall statistics in the Trip Information section of the Infotainment system at the start of each trip?

As you probably know already, you only get to see the current trip's MPG figures (in the centre dash) when you switch off the car.

Thanks Andy.  That's what perplexed me when I saw the info displayed when you switch the car off and not being able to find the same information on the move.

3 minutes ago, dts439 said:

Will do.

I did download both manuals as PDFs prior to picking it up.  Being my first Lexus after almost exclusively Audis over the last 20 years I did my best to acclimatise to the Lexus way of doing things.  What would be a standard function in one is not in the other and vice versa (and its 1408 pages in total).  I'd argue that the value of the car is irrelevant though 🙂 

Smart thinking Dave.

You are back in my World X1 to play Mars.😊👍

I was pleased to find mine came with a printed handbook - having spent some time pouring over the PDF version while waiting for the car. I just assumed they didn't automatically come with hardcopies any more as I had to ask for one for my ES and was told at the time they didn't provide them unless asked ...

• Like 1