Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2019 IS300h F-Sport, straw poll - thanks

Hi everyone, Just pondering over a new (to me) 2019, 69 plate IS300h F-Sport, (nav pack?), Silver, red leather interior and 9,500miles and service history.......I've been trying to weigh-up the price.....£29,995 against my gut feeling that i am paying too much...and would really appreciate your experience and knowledge of price when new etc and also any tips for negotiation on price🤓👍......It drives lovely and is in pristine condition....had a wee test drive in the typical wet West of Scotland today and was really impressed, but want to hear your views and experience of being an owner. THANK-YOU all in advance for all your wisdom😎👍

Screenshot_20220608-181242_Gallery.jpg

While I have no negotiation skills can't help with that but what I can suggest is have a look at Auto trader valuation. They have a page that will tell you what to expect to pay for private/dealer prices. This will give you an idea on whether the price is to high or not.  Good luck 👍

• Like 1

The price of all used cars has massively gone up recently

Bear in mind I got a White F-Sport with 10k miles, exactly 2 years old with the red leather and premium nav for £23k. That was from Lexus Chester

Cazoo are basically selling the same vehicle with 8k miles more for £24,250 and I cant imagine 8k miles costing £5.7k on essentially the same vehicle. Take a detailed look into the service history first though as cazoo has been known to sell cars with different services than stated on their website

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/car-details/e5e589cb-f7f8-5219-a9ed-4bfde2329ac3/?utm_campaign=car-listing&utm_medium=aggregators&utm_source=autotrader

The autotrader valuation is rubbish by the way. It doesnt take into account any options or the condition of the vehicle so really not worth anything.

• Like 1

Hey Davey,

I own a 19 plate F-sport with 10 inch screen /nav which i think was called 'Premier pack' option when i ordered the car new in May19 and took delivery in July19. The book price for this at the time was £39,800 but im Scottish and only paid £36,500. Its hard to tell if your paying too much as the second hand car market has gone bonkers in recent times due to production shortages with new cars caused by global issues round the world.

Negotiation wise i found little joy, most dealers offered me zero discount whatsoever when i offered to pay cash, yet offered me £500-£2500 off when taking a PCP deal. Anyway i ended up buying mine from Lexus newcastle who i could not fault in any way whatsoever, great bunch of guys compared to the arrogance and inflated prices of the scottish dealers.

Rob

• Like 1

The negotiation will be your art to talk to them 🙂 I always fail in it, especially in this market where prices are a nightmare... The only negotiation I managed to get was, get the car delivered to my place as I bought it from South Hampton and I live in Farnborough, new mats and full Petrol on delivery...

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's advice😎👍..... went back to see it today and spotted a few things which i couldn't see in the wet😯....work in progress.....will update everyone soon, cheers guys

• Like 1

Thanks Joe.....I've been looking all over the uk including the Lexus.co.uk site.......and started with RC300h, but was very impractical and quite "sedate" for such a sporty looking car....then briefly looked at the KIA Stinger 3.3 twin-turbo.....ouch not affordable to run as a daily driver with the high fuel costs.....so will probably go wih the local silver one as i'm not a huge fan of some of the colour/ trim options....will post the outcome once the garage have replaced a piece of damaged front grill trim... fingers crossed....cheers guys! 😎👍

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:16 AM, Robertdt said:

Hey Davey,

I own a 19 plate F-sport with 10 inch screen /nav which i think was called 'Premier pack' option when i ordered the car new in May19 and took delivery in July19. The book price for this at the time was £39,800 but im Scottish and only paid £36,500. Its hard to tell if your paying too much as the second hand car market has gone bonkers in recent times due to production shortages with new cars caused by global issues round the world.

Negotiation wise i found little joy, most dealers offered me zero discount whatsoever when i offered to pay cash, yet offered me £500-£2500 off when taking a PCP deal. Anyway i ended up buying mine from Lexus newcastle who i could not fault in any way whatsoever, great bunch of guys compared to the arrogance and inflated prices of the scottish dealers.

Rob

I’ve recently acquired my 17 plate F-Sport from Lexus Poole and there was no discount on my cash purchase, apparently they are not allowed to due to PCP regulations (which sounded like bull).

Got free 125 miles delivery to Hertfordshire though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

.......Finally, I am the excited owner of an amazing 69 plate, with less than 10k miles IS300, F-Sport and it is incredible🤗...... all perfect and Arnold Clark replaced a damaged lower section grille trim and repaired all of the under the front bumper scrape damage👍.  Will leave it at that for now and add a new thread if i have any specific questions.....thanks everyone😎👍

20220620_170005.jpg

20220620_143053.jpg

• Like 2