Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancel order ?

SS64

Hello. I have placed a order for a ES 300h. With rising petrol prices I getting a bit concerned. I do about 20,000 miles per year. I am thinking of cancelling the order and maybe go for a electric car. What does everyone think. Thanks 

Hi. Thanks. I am seriously considering this. However I did not like the Tesla in general. The electric cars that I like are out of my price range. 

Hi. Yes. Am confused.com !! Love the Lexus to bits. Have Takumi on order. Delivery expected in Feb 2023. Guess have time to mull over. Have got a good deal via Carwow about 7500 discount. I understand that if I do cancel at some stage can get full refund. Have paid deposit of 1000

I agree with steve2006 do you really want to be driving 20,000 miles a year in a car you don't like. Assuming your 20K miles are not on country roads and there's only 1or 2 people in the ES you should be returning around the 50mpg mark. Will you be charging this car that you don't like at home or rapid charging at a motorway service station. You must have liked the ES to have placed a deposit on it so I assume that is the size and weight you would prefer. Stick with the ES it is a superb car.

• Like 3

Hi. Thanks. Charging on highway or home. Also have some free charging stations At home. Looking at the numbers the money is not going to be much different. Maybe with Lexus 40 bucks more per month. I will be keeping the car for 6-7 years minimum. I did really loved the drive and interior and exterior of the ES

Don’t cancel your order. You can probably sell for more when it arrives. If you can charge at home or work and won’t do more than 200 miles in one day then an electric car makes sense, but I would wait a few years to see what Lexus bring out in the future. 

There are many variables here, the poor service from Lexus since ordering has me planning to sell the car as soon as it arrives (if it ever does of course). The experience at the local Lexus dealer has shattered the Lexus experience for me personally to a point it cannot be recovered 

27 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

There are many variables here, the poor service from Lexus since ordering has me planning to sell the car as soon as it arrives (if it ever does of course). The experience at the local Lexus dealer has shattered the Lexus experience for me personally to a point it cannot be recovered 

Lexus dealers are probably as frustrated as you with the current situation. I can't see any reason why a Lexus dealer would treat you badly unless their hands are tied and they are genuinely unable to offer you their normal service. Lexus dealers have to meet certain standards of customer care set by Lexus or they face loosing their franchise. Having said that there is only you who knows how you have been treated. Buying a 40 grand car is not something you do very often (well at least I don't) and yes it would be nice to be treated nice, and I'm sure the vast majority of Lexus buyers are, I know I was. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SS64 said:

Hi. Thanks. I am seriously considering this. However I did not like the Tesla in general. The electric cars that I like are out of my price range. 

I have a nissan leaf e+  It is an excellent vehicle

Happy to answer any questions