Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"Check Headlight System" Error

Romanos

Hello, I have a Lexus CT200h (2013 pre-facelift)

After I replaced my left (LED) headlight it keeps showing the “Check Headlight System” error with “B2430” code.

The error in the car appears only when I put the lights (low beam) to ON or to AUTOMATIC (only if it’s night and the low beam will light on). When the lights are OFF or when I select the 1st scale, so only the Daylights are on (low beam is off), there is no error. By the time the low beam will turn on, the error will appear after 8-9 seconds.

The headlight is fully functioning and everything works properly but the error keeps showing up.

If anyone have any idea of what could be wrong, how I can fix this or how can I remove the error somehow so it won’t show up again, please let me know. I would really appreciate your support because we have tried several things but the error is still there.

Thank you.

Does the car need to be told, using Techstream, that a new unit has been fitted. Maybe each unit has a unique code, reflecting internal loads/resistance etc..?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Different bulbs in left and right?

Wrong internal resistance in the new LED?

I will check it and let you know. Thank you.

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Does the car need to be told, using Techstream, that a new unit has been fitted. Maybe each unit has a unique code, reflecting internal loads/resistance etc..?

I will also try using techstream and get back to you! Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Eventually, there was a problem with the cables that go from the car to the headlight. Problem solved. Thank you very much for your help guys!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 12:30 AM, Romanos said:

Eventually, there was a problem with the cables that go from the car to the headlight. Problem solved. Thank you very much for your help guys!

Hi, I've just replaced my headlights with aftermarket ones which doesn't have AFS. I had AFS flashing light and Check Headlight System message on the dash. I've removed the AFS ECU which removed the flashing AFS light. Do you have any advise on how I can also remove the Check Headlight System message please? Thanks..