Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner in Southampton

Hi everyone, 

I’ve already introduced myself on the new owners page but was advised to come and say Hi on here and introduce myself. 
I’ve been in the British Army for 25 years and have just left. I’d always promised myself a nice car to keep as a present to myself for 25 years service. 
It had to be a V8 as they won’t be around forever!!!!! 
I looked at the normal suspects (M3, RS5, C63 etc) and purely came across the RCF by accident about 3 years at my local Lexus Dealer in Hedge End. 
I genuinely was stopped in my tracks at the design of it. I thought it was absolutely stunning from every angle. 
Then, when I found out it had an n/a V8 I was hooked on it. 
So, to today. 
I found this one last week at the same dealer when I went with my mate for him to have a look at a car for himself. (I always get asked to go car shopping with friends as I am a proper petrolhead and car geek) 

I couldn’t get over how clean and tidy this car was and how well it had been looked after. It was plain to see it had been someone’s pride and joy and been garaged it’s whole life. 
7 years old and only 19000 miles on it LED me to believe it had been a weekend car. And the service history spelt that out too. 
I booked a test drive for 4 days later after putting a holding deposit on it. 
I was told I wouldn’t be disappointed by the sales team. They weren’t wrong. I did the deal on the same day after returning from test drive. 
I’m really happy. And it will continue to be a fine weather weekend car and to take to shows. 076C234C-ACA2-4A6B-B6BA-3BC30DBB4375.thumb.jpeg.a8055175200a9bd5b1ef38b27aecf060.jpeg665D0E83-18B5-4FC7-970F-158DD7DDC211.thumb.jpeg.207778bb545dbbc91de06f979e9d33c1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congrats and welcome to F club, now an official F-er 😉

Have a good nose about, ask all the burning questions as we're a laidback lot 😛

I bought my GS F from Hedge End funnily enough, if it is the same group from a few years back then they were a nice bunch.

What a lovely treat post-service, recommendation numero uno - get an exhaust!!!

Hampshire seems to have a lovely collection of F car owners these days so maybe you'll see some about and I am fairly sure there are atleast 2 (I know of) in the Southampton area.

I commented on your Simply Japanese thread, but the F forum is where you'll likely find meet up details etc, there is a thread going at the moment for late this year if you fancied it, I am trying my best to attend as many events as possible this year starting with FoS!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L55 RCF said:

Hi everyone, 

I’ve already introduced myself on the new owners page but was advised to come and say Hi on here and introduce myself. 
I’ve been in the British Army for 25 years and have just left. I’d always promised myself a nice car to keep as a present to myself for 25 years service. 
I looked at the normal suspects (M3, RS5, C63 etc) and purely came across the RCF by accident about 3 years at my local Lexus Dealer in Hedge End. 
I genuinely was stopped in my tracks at the design of it. I thought it was absolutely stunning from every angle. 
So, to today. 
I found this one last week at the same dealer when I went with my mate for him to have a look at a car for himself. (I always get asked to go car shopping with friends as I am a proper petrolhead and car geek) 

I couldn’t get over how clean and tidy this car was and how well it had been looked after. It was plain to see it had been someone’s pride and joy and been garaged it’s whole life. 
7 years old and only 19000 miles on it led me to believe it had been a weekend car. And the service history spelt that out too. 
I was told I wouldn’t be disappointed by the sales team. They weren’t wrong. I did the deal on the same day after returning from test drive. 
I’m really happy. And it will continue to be a fine weather weekend car and to take to shows. 076C234C-ACA2-4A6B-B6BA-3BC30DBB4375.thumb.jpeg.a8055175200a9bd5b1ef38b27aecf060.jpeg665D0E83-18B5-4FC7-970F-158DD7DDC211.thumb.jpeg.207778bb545dbbc91de06f979e9d33c1.jpeg

Congratulations on the purchase, Welcome to civvie street.  Its not as scary as you are lead to believe when you put your notice in on JPA!

19 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Congratulations on the purchase, Welcome to civvie street.  Its not as scary as you are lead to believe when you put your notice in on JPA!

Ha ha quality. Love it. 
My last 2 years of service has been easy and relaxed. Hardly been in the office if I’m honest. So, I’ve found it quite a slow progressive step into civvie life. 
I’ve landed a job starting in September as a Fuel Tanker Driver as a complete direction change from my trade as a Marine Engineer. 
Just need to work out how to syphon some of the good stuff out of the trucks 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Congrats and welcome to F club, now an official F-er 😉

Have a good nose about, ask all the burning questions as we're a laidback lot 😛

I bought my GS F from Hedge End funnily enough, if it is the same group from a few years back then they were a nice bunch.

What a lovely treat post-service, recommendation numero uno - get an exhaust!!!

Hampshire seems to have a lovely collection of F car owners these days so maybe you'll see some about and I am fairly sure there are atleast 2 (I know of) in the Southampton area.

I commented on your Simply Japanese thread, but the F forum is where you'll likely find meet up details etc, there is a thread going at the moment for late this year if you fancied it, I am trying my best to attend as many events as possible this year starting with FoS!

Thanks mate. I intend to get to as many shows as possible too. 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, L55 RCF said:

Ha ha quality. Love it. 
My last 2 years of service has been easy and relaxed. Hardly been in the office if I’m honest. So, I’ve found it quite a slow progressive step into civvie life. 
I’ve landed a job starting in September as a Fuel Tanker Driver as a complete direction change from my trade as a Marine Engineer. 
Just need to work out how to syphon some of the good stuff out of the trucks 😂😂😂😂

That is quite a change though at the moment quite worthwhile.  I was a submariner and lived in Gosport for some time as a marine engineer too!  Small world.

• Like 1

Congratulations and enjoy!  The best colour and year!  I have a Quicksilver exhaust on mine and loving every minute of every drive, happened to drive past Lexus Hedge End today.  Another Hampshire RCF, there must be enough for a local mini meet before long...

• Like 1

Thanks for your service and welcome. Nice RCF, I haven't seen many other white ones on here 🙂 Enjoy the pearlescent sparkle, it really shows up in the sun.

I'm glad these cars are getting noticed and appreciated, sooo many people just jump straight for the German brands. Honestly most people have no idea what a Lexus RCF is and I've had nothing but positive reactions personally, with some people's minds genuinely being blown that Lexus makes a 5.0 V8 luxury sports coupe with 470 BHP.

If you keep the traction control on the car is really safe and approachable. The back might slip a little, but the car keeps it minimal. If you go into expert mode you will get quite a bit of wheelspin at times and the back end will kick out a more easily in a turn, but only up to a point. You can also go fully off (hold traction control button for a few seconds), though obviously then you have little to no safety net if things get sideways.

Enjoy the car. Use manual mode a lot that's my recommendation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Thanks for your service and welcome. Nice RCF, I haven't seen many other white ones on here 🙂 Enjoy the pearlescent sparkle, it really shows up in the sun.

I'm glad these cars are getting noticed and appreciated, sooo many people just jump straight for the German brands. Honestly most people have no idea what a Lexus RCF is and I've had nothing but positive reactions personally, with some people's minds genuinely being blown that Lexus makes a 5.0 V8 luxury sports coupe with 470 BHP.

If you keep the traction control on the car is really safe and approachable. The back might slip a little, but the car keeps it minimal. If you go into expert mode you will get quite a bit of wheelspin at times and the back end will kick out a more easily in a turn, but only up to a point. You can also go fully off (hold traction control button for a few seconds), though obviously then you have little to no safety net if things get sideways.

Enjoy the car. Use manual mode a lot that's my recommendation.

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Manual mode was amazing. 
I just want to give it a really good clean and polish to start with and then I can get the exhaust on it and give it a good drive. 

Welcome. I’m just out of the city on Portsmouth Road / Hamble Lane. Had our carbon RCF for 3 years and still makes us smile. Any queries or if you just want a chat, pop along to see us, coffee is usually on. 
Rompy.

17 hours ago, Rompy said:

Welcome. I’m just out of the city on Portsmouth Road / Hamble Lane. Had our carbon RCF for 3 years and still makes us smile. Any queries or if you just want a chat, pop along to see us, coffee is usually on. 
Rompy.

Thank you mate. That’s very welcoming of you. I may just do that 👍
Feel free to pm me your address or phone number and I’ll happily pop over for a drive and have a look at your Carbon Edition. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, L55 RCF said:

Hi everyone, 

So, to today. 

7 years old and only 19000 miles on it led me to believe it had been a weekend car. And the service history spelt that out too. 

Congrats on your awesome purchase … you’ll love it, had mine over 3yrs and still look back at it and smile everytime i park it up👍🏻 im Ex Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers   (probably came out before you joined tho 😆  82-95 ) 

C72B46E4-D881-4D6D-A128-B1959D3CCF40.jpeg

B353036F-E7C7-4D57-AD39-B0CC02A1175F.jpeg

• Like 2

Congratulations and welcome to the club - you will enjoy the "What is that" looks you are about to get a lot 🙂

I think we are well overdue a South of England meet aren't we? Certainly enough of us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Congratulations and welcome to the club - you will enjoy the "What is that" looks you are about to get a lot 🙂

I think we are well overdue a South of England meet aren't we? Certainly enough of us...

Yes I've been thinking the same. Somewhere in Hampshire or Surrey would probably suit most people here from what I've seen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Congrats on your awesome purchase … you’ll love it, had mine over 3yrs and still look back at it and smile everytime i park it up👍🏻 im Ex Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers   (probably came out before you joined tho 😆  82-95 ) 

C72B46E4-D881-4D6D-A128-B1959D3CCF40.jpeg

B353036F-E7C7-4D57-AD39-B0CC02A1175F.jpeg

Cheers mate. Yours looks awesome 😎 

2 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Yes I've been thinking the same. Somewhere in Hampshire or Surrey would probably suit most people here from what I've seen.

Can I come in my Non-Lexus? 😁

3 hours ago, BillNick said:

I would definitely be up for that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Yes I've been thinking the same

Get it organised then 😛 - preferably not August though as I'm away for essentially the entire month!

Those that are interested, form a neat orderly queue, loudest to quietest 😉

8 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Pffft typical… i moved from Surrey at end of last year back up to the N.E of Scotland  and I’ll be damned if I’ll ever go back to Surrey  😂 

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Pffft typical… i moved from Surrey at end of last year back up to the N.E of Scotland  and I’ll be damned if I’ll ever go back to Surrey  😂 

Hampshire it is then 😛

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links