Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Employment applications...what’s happened!

After taking voluntary redundancy from my job in February 2021 I quite fancied a part time job of 12 hours a week delivering for a well known frozen food retailer in my local area after speaking to one of the delivery guys.

”Pop into the store with your CV” but on doing so was told that paper CVs were not acceptable or local interviews performed due to data protection.

”You need to apply online via our agency”

Sign up to agency....yet another company that now has my data, this linked to the retailer’s own recruitment website ( so why the agency?) from there I filled out the online application, eventually attached my CV and confirmed I had watched the 2 videos.

Received a confirmation and 3 weeks later nothing, checked again for the job and it was no longer listed within the 600 other delivery driver vacancies so I assume filled.

I didn’t particularly need the money, the job was more about the social aspects but given you really need a degree in computing just to apply and then hear nothing more I’ll stick to my original early retirement plans.

I may try the Co-op, do they still have those bikes with the side stand and baskets on the front for the Hovis 😀

• Like 1

Same here. I'm 67 and now retired for 4 years. OK for money, so thought I'd do some volunteer work.

As you, the amount of hoops to jump through to give my time for free are astounding. So gave up.

Thought it might be easier to do a paid part time driving job, but as you have found, the same difficulty. 

So F them, I'll continue to enjoy holidays and the Lexus!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

By coincidence I’m in Menorca right now, my intention is to never pay another pound in income tax or NI. Can’t improve my state pension further even if I pay more in and the other half lost 6 years of state pension after the sneaky age increase from 60 to 66.

• Like 2

Gentlemen I sympathise ..  god computer has taken over the UK lifestyle sadly 

NOW . if you really wanted to volunteer to do something really really useful and you like Cats ....  then volunteer with your local branch of the charity, the Cats Protection Society 

My partner is the local Swale Branch " Boss" or whatever she's called BUT I do know that your local Branch will be pleased to have you on board and the paperwork, CVs by email etc WILL BE simple and effective ,,,,,, well it is with her in Swale .......... we always need local volunteers to help with cats going to vets for jabs etc, Fund Raising events, moving to foster carers ( yes really )  and whatever else cats get up to and involved with

And standard expenses are paid where appropriate 

No NI nor income tax to pay, maybe some driving involved , fund raising events to attend maybe .......  BUT you gotta like cats 

Thank you

Malc

• Like 2

.....  and i don't mean those things that go under your car .  exhaust CATS system wise ...  NOR under your tyres especially .............. . aaarrrgggghhhh 😵

Malc

• Like 1

There's plenty of driving jobs out there both full and part-time. I recently changed jobs after reading an unbelievable advert on Indeed and low and behold 2 days later an email inviting me to an online interview. After a short meet with the depot transport manager the job was mine. Last job was from one of those A frame boards advertising for a driver. The company was one I regularly delivered to so when they found out I was interested they bent over backwards. I think that frozen food place Iceland is a beggar to get in. I know friends who applied to no avail. Supermarkets are in need of home delivery drivers. Try those and best of British. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links