Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying rattle

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

Very shocking and disappointing form a brand new car.

Quite off-putting to be honest. 

There is nothing perfect in this world and the dealer was very good about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, beyond the blue said:

Glad you sorted it. Mine goes in on Tuesday for investigation. This is a video I did to show the dealer the rattle. They confirmed they could hear it over the road noise, it's more of a tick, tick noise. BTW while my wife was doing the video l wasn't concentrating on my driving and got nicked for doing 59 in a 50 zone on a 'smart' section of the motorway.

Hi Firend, I have the same problem with my 2020 Prestige ES300h, is there a solution? I can bring out the sound if I push up the right rear edge of the hood, but it's not always very annoying!

24 minutes ago, Django007 said:

Hi Firend, I have the same problem with my 2020 Prestige ES300h, is there a solution? I can bring out the sound if I push up the right rear edge of the hood, but it's not always very annoying!

The last time it went in for the rattle I insisted that it be rectified once and for all as this was the fourth time it's been back, I told them that they could keep it as long as necessary to do a thorough job and not just a botch up. They had it for a few days to remove the roof lining take out the sunroof from its frame and install foam deadening strips. The conclusion was that the frame is made of steel but the sun roof cassette is aluminium and they were expanding and contracting at different rates, how true this is I have no idea. When I got it back it was still rattling for next couple of days but then it stopped, coincidently just as the weather got colder, whether it will start again when the weather warms up is anyone's guess. This is a recording of the rattle...

I definitely got the car that was built on a Friday afternoon. I hope you get yours sorted quicker than me, good luck. 

• 11 months later...

Hi all, I know this is an old post but decided to add my few cents since I bought a 2019 ES300h few months ago and it's having the same issue. I took it to a dealership and they've sorted the rattling by tightening the bolts around sunroof (I was told that Lexus has released a bulletin for this specific problem). It solved the issue for about two weeks and the rattles are now back (not as bad as before though). Interestingly, I have been given another ES300h as a replacement car with only 4k miles on the clock and I could already hear a ticking noise coming from the sunroof. My conclusion is that it is a design flaw and cannot be fixed permamently.

23 hours ago, ahoq said:

Hi all, I know this is an old post but decided to add my few cents since I bought a 2019 ES300h few months ago and it's having the same issue. I took it to a dealership and they've sorted the rattling by tightening the bolts around sunroof (I was told that Lexus has released a bulletin for this specific problem). It solved the issue for about two weeks and the rattles are now back (not as bad as before though). Interestingly, I have been given another ES300h as a replacement car with only 4k miles on the clock and I could already hear a ticking noise coming from the sunroof. My conclusion is that it is a design flaw and cannot be fixed permamently.

The original post was mine. The rattle on my car mysteriously cleared up about 4 months ago after the Lexus dealer failed to fix it 3 times. It certainly was the worst, lasting for 18 months from new. I hope I've not tempted fate by saying it has cleared up.

10 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

The original post was mine. The rattle on my car mysteriously cleared up about 4 months ago after the Lexus dealer failed to fix it 3 times. It certainly was the worst, lasting for 18 months from new. I hope I've not tempted fate by saying it has cleared up.

Lexus cars do mend themselves sometimes!

• Haha 1

Ah rattles... I have had 5 Lexus including the ES which I have now (and is my second) and every single one has rattled or made some kind of buzz noise. Take the current one, somewhat intermittent buzzing from headlining, seatbelt adjuster, somewhere towards the front of the dash (who knows where), somewhere over the passenger side (might be seatbelt related) and somewhere in the driver's door... Over a smooth road the car is silent but as soon as the road surface gets rough, and most are, then at least one of them appears... or doesn't. It seems a bit fruitless trying to get to the dealer and not be able to replicate it consistently so I haven't bothered so far...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Scoops said:

Ah rattles... I have had 5 Lexus including the ES which I have now (and is my second) and every single one has rattled or made some kind of buzz noise. Take the current one, somewhat intermittent buzzing from headlining, seatbelt adjuster, somewhere towards the front of the dash (who knows where), somewhere over the passenger side (might be seatbelt related) and somewhere in the driver's door... Over a smooth road the car is silent but as soon as the road surface gets rough, and most are, then at least one of them appears... or doesn't. It seems a bit fruitless trying to get to the dealer and not be able to replicate it consistently so I haven't bothered so far...

Yes not the best! I've never had that new car feeling from day one.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking that Tiff has developed this habit now. I thought it was a wire going to the rear dashcam rattling but the more I listen, it does sound like it's coming from the sunroof area. It's odd - Betsy didn't rattle at all. I guess that being a trollop and a tease, Tiff has lower standards though. I think I can make it to the next service before the rattling drives me insane. It puts me off taking my scheissewagen owning colleagues for a spin though. I shall let Leicester know well in advance that it needs fixing so they're prepared. I wouldn't mind but I've never used a sunroof since getting a car with A/C and would be much happier without one...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I'm thinking that Tiff has developed this habit now. I thought it was a wire going to the rear dashcam rattling but the more I listen, it does sound like it's coming from the sunroof area. It's odd - Betsy didn't rattle at all. I guess that being a trollop and a tease, Tiff has lower standards though. I think I can make it to the next service before the rattling drives me insane. It puts me off taking my scheissewagen owning colleagues for a spin though. I shall let Leicester know well in advance that it needs fixing so they're prepared. I wouldn't mind but I've never used a sunroof since getting a car with A/C and would be much happier without one...

Betsy might say 'what goes around comes around" 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Betsy might say 'what goes around comes around" 😉

Ex girlfriends always get their own back, she will be languishing in a nice warm garage somewhere laughing her boot off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

After going back to the dealership 3 times mine fixed itself after 18 months.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

Ex girlfriends always get their own back, she will be languishing in a nice warm garage somewhere laughing her boot off.

Yup drinking top grade E5 through a drip going this is the life...oh just turn the heating before you leave.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Yup drinking top grade E5 through a drip going this is the life...oh just turn the heating before you leave.

More than likely!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links