Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice custom RC at Hedge end today

Thought I'd share this, my car was in for it's service today and parked in the service was this. Saw the white RCF awaiting collection.

Very nicely done, the young chap said it had air suspension (I thought it looked nicely lowered with excellent stance) the wheels are refurbished old Japanese wheels that looked rather special. Despite it being a hybrid RC (very young man so couldn't afford to insure an RCF) it really did look nice. These Lexus RC cars do take well to a bit of customisation and this was an excellent example. He thought mine was pretty cool too.

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgtcracer said:

Are they the OEM calipers?

I'm not too sure, it looks like he has spent a few bob on it so maybe upgraded.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

… These Lexus RC cars do take well to a bit of customisation …

Depends how big “a bit” is.  Personally I think the aesthetics of the RC300h in the F-Sport version as it comes out of the factory are pretty much unimproveable.  Maybe you could lower it a cm or so, and re-paint it in a colour exclusive to yourself.  But that’s about it. 

52 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

They look like those caliper covers.  Those wheels are very 90’s JDM, can imagine them coming over on a supra or something!

i love 90’s JDM!

7 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

They look like those caliper covers.  Those wheels are very 90’s JDM, can imagine them coming over on a supra or something!

i love 90’s JDM!

That's right he did say he had completely refurbished them and it was a very lengthy procedure. All in all it looked very nice

17 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Depends how big “a bit” is.  Personally I think the aesthetics of the RC300h in the F-Sport version as it comes out of the factory are pretty much unimproveable.  Maybe you could lower it a cm or so, and re-paint it in a colour exclusive to yourself.  But that’s about it. 

I think the combination of air suspension that really lowered it nicely and the front splitter just gave it a wonderful stance. I also liked the side sections too, not sure whether the rear had been altered.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Thought I'd share this, my car was in for it's service today and parked in the service was this. Saw the white RCF awaiting collection.

Very nicely done, the young chap said it had air suspension (I thought it looked nicely lowered with excellent stance) the wheels are refurbished old Japanese wheels that looked rather special. Despite it being a hybrid RC (very young man so couldn't afford to insure an RCF) it really did look nice. These Lexus RC cars do take well to a bit of customisation and this was an excellent example. He thought mine was pretty cool too.

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

I can’t wait to collect it this week. 
The white one that is 👍😂

Just now, L55 RCF said:

I can’t wait to collect it this week. 
The white one that is 👍😂

I didn’t realise you didn’t even have it yet!  Buying exhaust before you even have the car!  Spoke to Ian at H&S today, mentioned that you had ordered one, seems he’s sold 3 in 3 days!

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Those wheels are very 90’s

Chrome wheels were 70's - No?

Cadillac etc. Big and imposing.

The wheels looks a bit tiny in the arches. Maybe with more rubber around it would look OK.

But yes: it is a shiny car.

6 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Chrome wheels were 70's - No?

Cadillac etc. Big and imposing.

The wheels looks a bit tiny in the arches. Maybe with more rubber around it would look OK.

But yes: it is a shiny car.

He did say they were a rare JDM wheel he had refurbished, but I agree something American Car about them

4 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

i love 90’s JDM!

Work VS-KF, I had a pair on my MKIV twin turbo Supra, at the time they cost half the value of the car lol, and they sold for more than the car did after the engine blew /sigh, obviously Supra prices have quadrupled since then /cry

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

The wheels looks a bit tiny in the arches. Maybe with more rubber around it would look OK

They're 19s. I think the stretched tyres eggagerate things.

Wheels definitely look like they'd be at home on something JDM and retro like a Supra, Chaser, S14 Nissan etc, but I certainly don't hate them on that RC. Kudos to the owner for trying something different.

The calipers look real BTW. They look like the 4-pot ones you get on a GS450H, 200t models.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

17 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Difficult to tell if the so-called "Orange Pack" OEM calipers on my RC (see photos below) are bigger or the same size as those shown in the OP (Brembos?), but on the basis of estimated scale it looks as though they might be at least the same if the JDM rims on the latter are, like mine, also 19".  Assuming this to be the case, and leaving aside colour preferences, the owner of the latter might have saved some money by ordering a set.

Sorry if my rims look a bit grubby but I haven't yet remedied the effects of yesterday's rain.

IMG_0820.thumb.jpeg.ef060ffaf33272cb398e38eb192cb3b9.jpegIMG_0821.thumb.jpeg.4a0cadaad24fe09f9d5644ebb7c51e8a.jpeg

18 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I didn’t realise you didn’t even have it yet!  Buying exhaust before you even have the car!  Spoke to Ian at H&S today, mentioned that you had ordered one, seems he’s sold 3 in 3 days!

Yeah, it’s the first thing I do with pretty much any car I buy. Especially a V8. 
Can’t wait to get it now. 

1 hour ago, L55 RCF said:

Yeah, it’s the first thing I do with pretty much any car I buy. Especially a V8. 
Can’t wait to get it now. 

Told me it will be 3-4 weeks but will phone nearer the time.

9 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Difficult to tell if the so-called "Orange Pack" OEM calipers on my RC (see photos below) are bigger or the same size as those shown in the OP (Brembos?), but on the basis of estimated scale it looks as though they might be at least the same if the JDM rims on the latter are, like mine, also 19".  Assuming this to be the case, and leaving aside colour preferences, the owner of the latter might have saved some money by ordering a set.

Sorry if my rims look a bit grubby but I haven't yet remedied the effects of yesterday's rain.

IMG_0820.thumb.jpeg.ef060ffaf33272cb398e38eb192cb3b9.jpegIMG_0821.thumb.jpeg.4a0cadaad24fe09f9d5644ebb7c51e8a.jpeg

Perhaps I’m just taken aback by the white colour and just how clean they are.  Makes them look fake!  I personally like the orange more but I’m slightly biased!

On 6/13/2022 at 7:35 PM, Jgtcracer said:

I believe so. I saw a base model RC at Lexus Sidcup and they seemed to have the old 4 pots from the IS350 / GS450 on them so..... he has just painted them obvs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links