Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RR Racing team-up or Group buy!?

Just throwing a potential idea out there for anyone who may be interested. 

All prices quoted below are converted from USD to GBP at today’s exchange rates but are net of shipping and import taxes (which I can calculate if anyone is interested).

I’m sure all you F-Owners are aware that RR Racing do some nice upgrades for our cars but with them being stateside the shipping and import tax can be prohibitive.

I’m after a set of PPE Headers for my ISF (as are various other members of the forum) to combat the tick-tick-tick on cold start that disappears after a few seconds, indicating air escaping from a crack in the OEM headers that closes up once they are warm.

So…… I’m about to take the plunge on a set of uequal length PPE headers from RR Racing which come in at £1,742.81. I’ll also need the OBD unit to map the car post installation which adds another £539.00 to the cost. So I’m at £2,281.81 (plus shipping and import tax) for the parts I need.

Now….. for only £123.00 extra I can get the ISF performance pack, which includes the headers, the OBD unit and an RR racing intake as one package. I don’t need an intake as I have my own custom unit (based on the K&N Typhoon) but If anyone did want an RR racing intake then we could potentially do a deal and split the cost savings, shipping and taxes by going in together for the performance pack. 

RR Racing currently sell the intake plus an OBD unit for £1,044.85 (you can’t buy just the intake alone but there is no reason you could not use one without a map if you wanted to). My suggestion would be that we would purchase the performance pack at £2,404.82 but add another OBD unit at a further £539.00 so both parties end up with our own OBD units for future tinkering. That would be a total cost of £2,943.82.  

That’s a saving of £382.84 over buying all the components individually so we could split that saving, split the shipping and import tax and end up with a saving for both parties.

That would mean I get the headers and an OBD unit for £2090.39 instead of £2,281.81 and the other party would get a tuned intake kit (intake plus OBD unit) for £853.43 instead of £1,044.85.

There would be shipping and tax on top of this but it’s still a saving. Anyone interested in getting in on the action?

Failing that, if anyone is looking at parts from RR Racing anyway and we can combine shipping and import tax costs to save a few quid that way. Again, let me know below if you are interested in that.

Wanting to make a move soon so don't hang about!

5 hours ago, NothernDan said:

RR Racing currently sell the intake plus an OBD unit for £1,044.85 (you can’t buy just the intake alone but there is no reason you could not use one without a map if you wanted to).

Not trying to cause trouble Dan but I was under the understanding that you can't use their tuned intake without their tune as it will throw Check Engine Lights due to the enlarged MAF housing?  As it's bigger than stock I was under the impression the ECU needed adjusting around that, hence why aftermarket intakes like Takeda/Injen/etc have larger pipes but reductions for the MAF part to mirror the stock diameter.

9 hours ago, ubersonic said:

Not trying to cause trouble Dan but I was under the understanding that you can't use their tuned intake without their tune as it will throw Check Engine Lights due to the enlarged MAF housing?  As it's bigger than stock I was under the impression the ECU needed adjusting around that, hence why aftermarket intakes like Takeda/Injen/etc have larger pipes but reductions for the MAF part to mirror the stock diameter.

No problem man.

If that is true then as I've suggested above, the buyer of the intake will also need the additional OBD unit, so my prices are as per above.

However, having run a range of off the shelf and custom intakes over the last 5 years (with varying diameter tubing) my experience says it actually doesn't matter. The ECU just recalibrates based on the increased airflow.

Think about it, all you are doing is hanging the MAF sensor in a slightly larger tube which will see a faster rate of flow. You also get a faster rate of flow with a free flowing filter and you get no codes from doing that.

I think it may just be another one of those "if you buy our shoes you must also buy our socks" stories but either way, if the person who pitches in also buys an OBD unit as suggested above then there is no problem anyway.

Double check the OBD mapping they offer too as I was told I would need to purchase a US ECU from them in order for their tune to work. They have not attempted to crack EU ECU's - but perhaps they have for ISF...

If this is no longer true and I am talking absolute flannel, I would be interested (if possible) in purchasing their RCF remote tune from them.

5 hours ago, BillNick said:

Double check the OBD mapping they offer too as I was told I would need to purchase a US ECU from them in order for their tune to work. They have not attempted to crack EU ECU's - but perhaps they have for ISF...

If this is no longer true and I am talking absolute flannel, I would be interested (if possible) in purchasing their RCF remote tune from them.

Hey there.

Pete who had the supercharged ISF got all his kit from them so they do know UK cars. You just need to specify at point of purchase 😉

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I quite fancy the carbon intake heat shield for mine, happy to send money to cover it being added to order and splitting shipping? 🙂

Excellent, the more the merrier (and cheaper!)

• Like 1

Ok. So gonna leave this up for another week, get everyone's orders, then take it from there.

Please be aware, some of this lot takes 6-8 weeks to arrive and any orders will need to come all together to reduce shipping costs.

Anyone who wants anything, please let me know before this time next week and then I'll place one bulk order once we confirm total prices and everyone has paid up. It will be strictly cash in advance.

😎

10 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hey there.

Pete who had the supercharged ISF got all his kit from them so they do know UK cars. You just need to specify at point of purchase 😉

Yes good point. I think I will ask again as I spoke to them about a year ago so things might have changed. Still, it could be a lot different for ISF vs RCF. Doable, I just dont fancy swapping my ECU worries of other potential side effects.... I could come back to it the next morning and find the steering wheel on the other side! lol 

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Yes good point. I think I will ask again as I spoke to them about a year ago so things might have changed. Still, it could be a lot different for ISF vs RCF. Doable, I just dont fancy swapping my ECU worries of other potential side effects.... I could come back to it the next morning and find the steering wheel on the other side! lol 

Actually did a proper LOL at that mate 😎🤣😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

PM'd

PM'd me or them? Nothing in my inbox so I'm assuming them.

I know they have cracked the ISF mapping but as far as I know the RCF is harder so you may be right in the ECU swap for your car.

16 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I quite fancy the carbon intake heat shield for mine, happy to send money to cover it being added to order and splitting shipping? 🙂

All good mate, you are on the list.

1 minute ago, NothernDan said:

It would appear Billy already has the intake (just checking in pm's now), so you may have to strike me off. I will have a nose about and see if anything else tickles my pickle and let you know 🙂

5 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Put me back on the list, RC F heat shield is ever so teeny tiny different to GS F, and I am not cocking up modifying it. So one GS F specific heat shield pretty please 😄

9 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Put me back on the list, RC F heat shield is ever so teeny tiny different to GS F, and I am not cocking up modifying it. So one GS F specific heat shield pretty please 😄

Back on the list. Do they sell them separately?