Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

South of England Meet

Ok, so I know I’m new here and on my introduction thread it seems a few of us are keen to have a bit of a meet somewhere in the Hants/Surrey area. 

I’m going to approach a company called Grand Prix Legends / Diecast Legends. 
The company is split in two. 
I can’t seem to attach the website on here but please feel free to Google both companies. They are the same thing. 

I’ve been before many years ago and they have a substantial car park on an industrial estate. 

They are based in Guildford

post code - GU3 1LU

Who is interested? 
In the meantime over the next few days I will speak to them and make sure they are happy to have a mini meet. 

Ben 

• Like 1

Ok, I’ve been in touch and had to send them an email which they will put in front of the Director to see if he is happy for this to go ahead. 
I’ve asked for a list of Saturday morning dates that will suit them and then we can take it from there with a majority vote on a date that suits us. 
👍🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Count me in.

And I'm sure we can find somewhere nearby to get a pub lunch or something. I don't know the area directly around Guildford that well, but quite a few options showing up on google maps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Count me in.

And I'm sure we can find somewhere nearby to get a pub lunch or something. I don't know the area directly around Guildford that well, but quite a few options showing up on google maps.

Newlands corner is a short drive away if weather is good with ample parking or plenty of pub gardens in around Guildford area. Just have to check on the parking availability on the pubs if a lot of us show!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Newlands corner is a short drive away if weather is good with ample parking or plenty of pub gardens in around Guildford area. Just have to check on the parking availability on the pubs if a lot of us show!

Us Lotus Anoraks met at Newlands some time ago, nice setting and burgers too.

2 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

If I am welcome being a non-Lexus owning heathen, I would like to also attend 🙂

Be nice to see your car and you of course.

• Thanks 1

Ok, so after finally getting a response back from our intended venue, long story short, it’s a no go as they no longer have a shop to walk around. It’s just mail order. 
so, to that end, has anyone else got any other suggestions where you would like to meet? 
I’ll happily organise it, just tell me where you want it. 

12 hours ago, L55 RCF said:

Ok, so after finally getting a response back from our intended venue, long story short, it’s a no go as they no longer have a shop to walk around. It’s just mail order. 
so, to that end, has anyone else got any other suggestions where you would like to meet? 
I’ll happily organise it, just tell me where you want it. 

As suggested Newlands Corner is popular, I used to meet fellow Lotus owners there Sunday morning and they did decent burgers too.

As a suggestion I found out at the weekend that Brooklands Museum in Weybridge is having their first ever Japanese car and bike day on Sunday the 21st of August. Don’t think the details are on the website yet but normal museum admission would apply.

There are group discounts available and the museum will reserve specific areas for clubs / interest groups if you ask. If you haven’t been to the Museum before it’s well worth a visit.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Hutton said:

As a suggestion I found out at the weekend that Brooklands Museum in Weybridge is having their first ever Japanese car and bike day on Sunday the 21st of August. Don’t think the details are on the website yet but normal museum admission would apply.

There are group discounts available and the museum will reserve specific areas for clubs / interest groups if you ask. If you haven’t been to the Museum before it’s well worth a visit.

John

That's a really good idea, the Museum is great then you have MB World just a short path away.

9 hours ago, John Hutton said:

John

Great suggestion John, I love it there. It’s a great place to visit. 
unfortunately I’ll have to leave the organisation of this meet with you as I’m away on family holiday over that weekend. 

Why not do the two? one as originally planned at somewhere like Newlands Corner one weekend and also go to Brooklands that way everyone can do it. I'm quite happy to do both as I need to use my car more. Brooklands is great I went there once with the Mazda Rotary Club.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links