Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

South of England Meet

All the car meets please! Cramming everythingggg I can this year!

I am just waiting for ticket release for a Goodwood Breakfast club and I'll make a meet invitation of my own for that. The bonus being my F has been selected for display 😉

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

All the car meets please! Cramming everythingggg I can this year!

I am just waiting for ticket release for a Goodwood Breakfast club and I'll make a meet invitation of my own for that. The bonus being my F has been selected for display 😉

I’ve just applied for Vee Power Sunday to display my RCF. 
Let’s see what happens. 

9 hours ago, L55 RCF said:

I’ve just applied for Vee Power Sunday to display my RCF. 
Let’s see what happens. 

Noiceeee, I usually do Vee Power or Jap themed one too. Also heading to classic car one this year to have a nose about, such a nice drive down for me to Goodwood, I go to as many as I can really 😄

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Noiceeee, I usually do Vee Power or Jap themed one too. Also heading to classic car one this year to have a nose about, such a nice drive down for me to Goodwood, I go to as many as I can really 😄

I go to most of the Breakfast Clubs. I only live in Southampton so it’s only 40 mins to get there. 

2 hours ago, L55 RCF said:

I go to most of the Breakfast Clubs. I only live in Southampton so it’s only 40 mins to get there. 

Wonder how many times we've crossed paths then without knowing?!

I usually do Simply Japanese at Beaulieu or Supercar weekend. At FoS pretty much every year as well. Got a lot more free time available post-pandemic after swapping jobs so making up for lost time! 😆

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Wonder how many times we've crossed paths then without knowing?!

I usually do Simply Japanese at Beaulieu or Supercar weekend. At FoS pretty much every year as well. Got a lot more free time available post-pandemic after swapping jobs so making up for lost time! 😆

Probably lots. 
I’m displaying my car at Simply Japanese this year. 
I popped into Lexus Hedge End and got talking about the GSF and I mentioned your car. 
There’s not many about. In fact I’ve never seen a GSF on the road. 

• Like 1

If anyone is interested the remains of our local Pistonhead group are doing a drive then meeting at the Empress of Blandings which is between Southampton and Cadnam on the 2nd July.

The drive out starts at 8 and the park up at the pub at 11.

Postcode SO40 2PF for the pub, the pub does do good food and the Pistonheads guys are a nice bunch.

Normally you have to be in the group to join the drive out but I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few extras. If not the gathering at 11 will suit me as I'm not a morning person.

• Like 1

Ok everyone. Sorry for the delay. 
I have now approached ‘The Departure Lounge Cafe’ at Alton in Hampshire (near Basingstoke). 
It’s a great venue and the staff are very friendly. 
They are busy with weddings most Saturdays from now until end of August. So, to that end I’m waiting on a call back tomorrow to see their availability for Sept/Oct. 42A8DB8B-EBE4-487E-BEFD-9072973E146A.thumb.png.25a15dd305783482a66283fe725a391b.png

They are very hopeful that most Saturdays after the summer holidays are free. 
Is everyone happy for me to just book a Saturday in Sept/Oct and it will be pot luck? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L55 RCF said:

Ok everyone. Sorry for the delay. 
I have now approached ‘The Departure Lounge Cafe’ at Alton in Hampshire (near Basingstoke). 
It’s a great venue and the staff are very friendly. 
They are busy with weddings most Saturdays from now until end of August. So, to that end I’m waiting on a call back tomorrow to see their availability for Sept/Oct. 42A8DB8B-EBE4-487E-BEFD-9072973E146A.thumb.png.25a15dd305783482a66283fe725a391b.png

They are very hopeful that most Saturdays after the summer holidays are free. 
Is everyone happy for me to just book a Saturday in Sept/Oct and it will be pot luck? 

If you are looking that way, 'The Shed' (Bordon) has successfully held car meets in recent months and a few car friends have reported back positively. Might be worth hedging bets and blanketing multiple venues?

Apologies if that adds extra stress and confusion! I'm easy going and happy to go with the flow/ majority 🙂

On 6/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, L55 RCF said:

Probably lots. 
I’m displaying my car at Simply Japanese this year. 
I popped into Lexus Hedge End and got talking about the GSF and I mentioned your car. 
There’s not many about. In fact I’ve never seen a GSF on the road. 

Me neither and I notice the GS more, I've seen lots of LC's though & endless SUV's the typical Lexus on UK roads.

Hi X100

The date is OK as far as I know - I have a flyer from the museum confirming the date. I have queried with the museum why it is not on their website yet but have not yet had a response.

I am a Member at the museum and work with the Members on their Outreach Program and we have been handing out Flyers with the info on for some weeks now and do not understand why it is not on the Museum's website which is why I queried it with them 

As I said if any individual group wants to book an area where all their cars can gather they need to contact the museum to arrange this. There is not normally a charge for doing this. As I am not an F owner I think someone else should contact the museum to arrange this. I also have a 60's Lotus and have arranged to have specific areas reserved for Lotus Club meets in the past without any issues.

Let me know if I can help in any way - I will be there on the day probably working on the Members Stand.

Take care

John

Thanks John,

Sorry for the delayed reaction.  I forget that an email isn't generated on this forum, if someone has added to a thread that I have also participated in ... or is there a way to achieve this?

Cheers,

Chris.

20 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Are we still doing Alton in Sept/Oct or am I also getting confused? 🙂

I hope so. I haven’t heard anything, so I’ll bell them again. 

• Like 1

I have been away and caught the dreaded Covid as a North Wales souvenir but have just found out that the proposed Japanese day at Brooklands in August has been cancelled.

It is apparently being reorganised for 2023 at some time.

Sorry about this but out of my control!

I will post details of a new date when I see it.

John

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links