Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Embossing or debossing

PeteTP

Hello there,

I am fortunate to have an ES Takumi (2020) and am making the odd one or two subtle additions to make it even more to my liking.

Latest notion is to research embossing or debossing the front headrests (like in F Sport) with the Lexus logo.

There are probably many do’s and don’ts which I’m keen to discover.

Anybody out there thinking along similar lines, already done the same or prepared to share their wisdom, knowledge and experience? In particular, companies that come highly recommended and the ones to avoid?

All responses gratefully received. Thank you in anticipation.

PeteTP

I’m not sure if you are thinking of literally embossing/debossing, which, apart from requiring dies, would be difficult on padded surfaces such as headrests or seat-backs.  Your best bet would be laser-etching, which is a service available in most large towns. Portable machines are also available, I believe, but you would normally take the headrests to the provider of the service, along with a sample of the logo or lettering you want reproduced.

• Like 1

Thanks Rabbers for that steer (forgive that unintended pun) which I wasn’t aware of. However, given the lack of responses from 90+ views I’m minded to reconsider my idea. 

Mulling will continue’til further notice.

TVM,

PeteTP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteTP said:

Mulling will continue’til further notice. …

The idea is good, Pete, and it’s a shame that it is not easily practicable after-sale or that Lexus does not offer it as standard or even as an optional on its leather seats.  Embossed logos, not to mention the embroidered ones you can get on top cars like Bentley, Ferrari etc., always succeed in looking impressive without being naff.

Rabbers you’re bluetoothed to my thinking. Unfortunately there doesn’t this far to be a service provider near my corner of the woods. 
I dont think that it’s off the table just yet.

PeteTP

• 4 months later...

I remember seeing somebody's car in a meet, which had leather seats with emobossed headrests but it turned out it was some kind of sticker that looked like embossing. Looked pretty convincing, to the point I was surprised t was a "sticker". 

Yeah, had an aficionado tell me about them. I got them and they were a complete dud. Didn’t even stick. Wasn’t his fault and probably I ordered the wrong ones.

Thanks for your tip nevertheless 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

I've seen Lexus logo leather embossing stamps are available but don't know anything about the process.

Oh really! Where, may I ask, as that might 

be of interest.

PeteTP

30 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Please don't tell me you're thinking of going down the gold logo route next... 😉

Gold logo?  Much too restrained.  Try this one!            

IMG_5209_1123x.jpg.thumb.webp.51635b4069cf26dc91b1c82a73b9f7ca.webp

19 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Bling-tastic!

Indeed, though it could be argued the creator showed a bit of restraint by not adding one or two rubies and emeralds by way of colour.

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

Indeed, though it could be argued the creator showed a bit of restraint by not adding one or two rubies and emeralds by way of colour.

I concur. That would have spoiled the entire effect.

• 4 weeks later...