Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Upgrade

Andy Richards

Hi Andy

Look at the other feed on the SC group called exhaust, it is recent and has some pertinent information. The only bad news is you would need to come up to Yorkshire and chill out with us for the day!

Are you going to the Coventry SC430 meet up in a couple of weeks?

Anthony

Hi Anthony

i did see the previous on exhaust was hoping someone from down here might have known somewhere. 
 I didn’t know there was a meet coming up I’m definitely interested in going what are the details

cheers 

Andy

Hi Andy

I have been informed that it is on a Facebook site, look for Lexus SC430 Club UK but I do not Facebook

It is Sunday 9th July

At: The Bear Inn, Spencer's Lane, Berkswell, Coventry, CV7 7BB.

The organiser is  guy called Juan, but apart from that, I know no more.

Regards, Anthony 

Grove Garage in Brighton will do a good job, have Lexus knowledge but will be more expensive than Tony Banks.

MIJ in Walsall are highly skilled but very busy and will take all day. There are a couple in Ashford that look okay. One, Fast Road Kent, was too scared to take on my GS460 header build so I can't rate them but the signs were favourable.

Hi Andy

It makes me glad I'm from Yorkshire when I got everything from the front cats back replaced including the middle cat for £900. 

The full system is stainless steel, all new securing mounting rubbers, lifetime guarantee and a wide range of chrome tailpipes, single and double.

Those prices make me feel justified in spending more money on some other goodies! 😄 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Andy

It makes me glad I'm from Yorkshire when I got everything from the front cats back replaced including the middle cat for £900. 

The full system is stainless steel, all new securing mounting rubbers, lifetime guarantee and a wide range of chrome tailpipes, single and double.

Those prices make me feel justified in spending more money on some other goodies! 😄 👍

That sounds a fair deal Ant especially as they replaced the third cat.  It shouldn't take 3 days and £1300....unless the primary cats and manifolds are being replaced but then it would be £3000. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Martin

Are you attending the meet next weekend in Coventry?

Ant

You’ve got your dates wrong again, it’s 3 weeks today, 10th July

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wardair said:

Hi Andy,

I am also planning an exhaust upgrade when the rusting clamps finally give way. I found this guy https://mikestokes.co.uk/services/exhausts

Plan to visit him for a discussion and quote in a few weeks.

Martin

Hi Martin 

Sorry to confuse you but as Russ says, it is on Sunday 10th July.

Ant

14 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Martin 

Sorry to confuse you but as Russ says, it is on Sunday 10th July.

Ant

Hi Ant,

I have put the date in my diary but cannot confirm attendance until nearer the day. I will try to make it as it would be good to meet other SC owners.

p.s. my car is currently at Lexus Gatwick for new cambelt, waterpump and radiator.

Regards

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Martin

It would be great to see you there, let me know as it may be a struggle to find you in the melee of SC430's and their owners. 😅

I hope all is well with your SC and is completed with no advisories!!!

Ant

3 hours ago, welland said:

Sounds great, but the rear number plate may not meet the required specification.  

The font is correct, the spacing is correct, the font size is correct and ANPR cameras would recognise it, so, what is the problem?

2 hours ago, Neil E said:

Reading the rules on plates Here despite the raised characters, I think they are okay.

It would appear that raised 3D characters are legal now so they are ok, besides most coppers know the difference between someone who slightly bends the law and people who blatantly disregard the law!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Wardair said:

Hi Andy,

I am also planning an exhaust upgrade when the rusting clamps finally give way. I found this guy https://mikestokes.co.uk/services/exhausts

Plan to visit him for a discussion and quote in a few weeks.

Martin

Hi Andy,

I visited Mike Stokes today and after looking at my exhaust his fabricator recommended removal of the whole system re-flanging the front cats as they are badly rusted (he showed them to me) then all new stainless including a new third center cat.

3 days work and £2500!

Currently having a rethink.....

Martin

Hi Martin

Blimy is that a price or their telephone number! It would be cheaper having it done at Tony Banks including fuel and a nice hotel for a couple of days!

Ant

6 hours ago, Wardair said:

Hi Andy,

I visited Mike Stokes today and after looking at my exhaust his fabricator recommended removal of the whole system re-flanging the front cats as they are badly rusted (he showed them to me) then all new stainless including a new third center cat.

3 days work and £2500!

Currently having a rethink.....

Martin

New flanges to the front is good advice but a good fabricator would take 6 hours to do the whole thing. Comparing the quality of the work on their website to others, I would walk away swiftly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neil E said:

New flanges to the front is good advice but a good fabricator would take 6 hours to do the whole thing. Comparing the quality of the work on their website to others, I would walk away swiftly. 

Hi Neil

Always the voice of knowledge and experience, good to hear your words of wisdom!

🐜 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Neil E said:

Hi Neil,

I appreciate your feedback. I also felt the price was pitched high and the fabricator was hardly enthusiastic about the job which put me off straight away.

Do you know anything about Style Dynamics in High Wycombe? Looks like they do a stainless system at a more reasonable price (see pic).

Martin

Style Dynamics Exhaust.jpg

• Like 1