Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

damn it - UXe took a hit

UXe took a hit from the rear today. Letting a van come through a narrow road and bang, old chap in a Meriva comes around the corner - luckily at not much more than the speed limit

Damage done, details exchanged and luckily he's also insured with Admiral so hopefully all goes smoothly.

A bit worried about this paint but taking it to Lexus so hopefully can  sort it out.

Likely will replace the plastic trims and bumper. 

IMG_20220622_135340.thumb.jpg.60e7dc457961f4b8bf16480e58617192.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.1e8d228c574cd22027e044c5a3a2eb70.jpeg

IMG-20220622-WA0013.thumb.jpg.82639ee667af49adc3275346fce3d497.jpg

• Sad 2

Hopefully the parts will be available to sort. With the current global situation I know someone who has waited 4 months for an NX repair. Sorted now but was flying around in a courtesy/rental car for that period of time. His was a no fault also.

Looking at your photos it's likely they will want to change the sensors also.

Be interesting if you could find out the repair cost, I bet it's not far off 3-4k by the time it's sorted.

• Like 1

Read the other day that development under way whereby an electric car charged overnight on cheap rate can be used to put power back in the home or national grid during the day.

Will the electric car become a multi use device much like the mobile phone became.

The flaw I see though is that you would need to buy another car for travel because your electric one is cooking the dinner. 🤣

Sorry about the bang Rayaan, you must have felt sick at your new car being damaged.

I shall be paranoid about mine when I pick it up and the thought of leaving it parked...........

Bill D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cadman2k said:

Hopefully the parts will be available to sort. With the current global situation I know someone who has waited 4 months for an NX repair. Sorted now but was flying around in a courtesy/rental car for that period of time. His was a no fault also.

Looking at your photos it's likely they will want to change the sensors also.

Be interesting if you could find out the repair cost, I bet it's not far off 3-4k by the time it's sorted.

Just had my NX 300 repaired, rear number and plastic trim underneath. Booked it in March , finally done in June , 3 months wait . I car went into the back of me in Spain . I now have to chase up my insurance co to get my £500 excess back from Spanish insurance co . 😩

• Like 1

Hope a good and speedy job is made of repairing your car.  It's particularly upsetting when you have taken care and car it so new.  What is also irritating is that although you were not at fault, by some strange logic, Insurers consider you are more likely to be involved in another accident and thereby pose a higher risk!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Hope a good and speedy job is made of repairing your car.  It's particularly upsetting when you have taken care and car it so new.  What is also irritating is that although you were not at fault, by some strange logic, Insurers consider you are more likely to be involved in another accident and thereby pose a higher risk!

I agree

So Im hoping things are speedier due to both of us being insured by the same company. 

I usually take it to the Lexus bodyshop that did the RX and IS twice. The repair was good so I will be using them again. Luckily, despite looking a lot uglier, the car is driveable and nothing has fallen off yet so thats atleast some reassurance.

How infuriating, Rayaan.  And it’s clearly been maintained in excellent condition.

I see that your dashcam has recorded the fact that you are stationary at the moment of impact.  Did you actually have a rear camera as well?

If not, it may be worth adding one when you have the car repaired.  I’ve found mine to every useful - and entertaining!

28 minutes ago, LenT said:

How infuriating, Rayaan.  And it’s clearly been maintained in excellent condition.

I see that your dashcam has recorded the fact that you are stationary at the moment of impact.  Did you actually have a rear camera as well?

If not, it may be worth adding one when you have the car repaired.  I’ve found mine to every useful - and entertaining!

I never added a rear view dashcam. I figured it wouldnt be much use to me as if someone hit me from the back itd be quite clear who did what especially when the front dashcam can show the direction of travel lol

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I never added a rear view dashcam. I figured it wouldnt be much use to me as if someone hit me from the back itd be quite clear who did what especially when the front dashcam can show the direction of travel lol

Fair enough, Rayaans.

Personally, I’ve always been of the opinion that if someone hits my car it is not possible to have too much evidence of it.  

I would also point out that my dashcam has a Parking Mode, so that being rear-ended - if you’ll pardon the phrase - while stationary in a car park, will still be recorded and available as evidence, long after the culprit has fled the scene,

.I have also recorded a few instances of a car recklessly overtaking vehicles behind me, getting up to my rear and I’m expecting a similar manoeuvre, when they suddenly drop way back.  Presumably having spotted the rear camera - but by then it’s too late.

The point being that if that driver had overtaken and was then later involved in  an accident, that record would have been vital evidence.

• Like 1

Apparently EU bringing out regulations for new cars, they must be fitted with smart technology to slow your car down if you get too close to the one in front, my current Niro has this but only when on cruise control so the tecnology already there on most cars these days I would gues.

Bill.

14 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Apparently EU bringing out regulations for new cars, they must be fitted with smart technology to slow your car down if you get too close to the one in front, my current Niro has this but only when on cruise control so the tecnology already there on most cars these days I would gues.

Bill.

That would be OK i guess although almost nanny-ing. The thing is, there must be a way of overriding it and that would still cause accidents.

Dont think it would have worked in my case, the car that wacked the UX is 18 years old lol

I think the idea is a good one for specific circumstances, ie tailgating where you have some idiot right up your backside at high speeds. Agreed probably wouldn't stop low speed shunts, or would it, depends how the system is controlled I suppose, it may only come into action above a certain speed, not read any more info at the moment.

Bill D.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it repaired to your satisfaction.

Drivers seem to be more impatient now - possibly due to the density of traffic.

Tailgating also seems very common. I can never figure out why someone should drive so close to you and have no intention of overtaking? I wonder if they learn after rear ending someone? Probably not.

19 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it repaired to your satisfaction.

Tailgating also seems very common. I can never figure out why someone should drive so close to you and have no intention of overtaking? I wonder if they learn after rear ending someone? Probably not.

Install a Rear View Camera, place it in a prominent position and watch the Tailgaters recede Davey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Or could it be due to the density of the driver?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I contacted admiral today as I'd been on holiday for a week in Tunisia and not heard anything back by email or phone

Essentially the driver is insured with admiral. But he was driving another car and it was under an axa drive another car policy.

They've agreed for me to take my car to my body shop and send them a quote via them so not too bad so far

Been in contact with RRG bodyshop and sent them photos. Now they just have to provide the estimate to Admiral via email and hopefully itll get approved.

Other than that its just a waiting game really.

12 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Interesting to know the rough £££ cost of repair

No idea so far.

Its going to the Lexus approved bodyshop in September. Admiral was reasonably quick to get it approved but unfortunately there are lots of cars waiting for parts etc booked in before ours. Luckily still driveable so thats OK.

• 3 months later...

So its back! Well I lie, its been back for a few weeks but we had to wait quite a long time. Apparently was a difficult repair to get the paint right but with my trained eye I cant honestly tell much so very happy.

IMG_20221022_113558.jpg

IMG_20221022_113606.jpg

IMG_20221022_113614.jpg

IMG_20221022_113656.jpg

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links