Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not an Auspicious Start ...

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Subaru is part of Toyota.

Not quite true - Toyota Owns 16.5% stake in Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI, parent of Subaru), whereas FHI owns 4.5% in Toyota. There is partnership and influence, but I would not say it is part of Toyota.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Read 2 days ago that Tesla were recalling almost all of one of their models. Do not remember which one.

Does not sound like what Mushk would do - if anything ever goes wrong with Tesla it is always the fault of owner not using it right, it is never fault of Tesla for providing cars with test version of software or anything like that.

28 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Does not sound like what Mushk would do - if anything ever goes wrong with Tesla it is always the fault of owner not using it right, it is never fault of Tesla for providing cars with test version of software or anything like that.

Who say that the man wanting to go to Mars want to do that:

Some of the cars have a safety risk with the rear-view camera, others with the front flap.

Carmaker Tesla is now recalling up to half a million cars due to technical issues.

This is stated by the US Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

The cars from the leading manufacturer of electric cars have either a safety problem with the rear-view camera or with the front luggage compartment, the American television station CNBC reports.

According to NHTSA, there are 356,000 cars of Tesla's Model 3, where there is a risk that the rear-view camera will put out. - There is a risk that the rear camera wires may be damaged when opening and closing the rear luggage compartment, and this may cause the camera to shut down, the explanation from NHTSA reads.

Another 119,000 cars of the Tesla Model S are called a workshop ride because the front flap over the front trunk can in some cases open up while driving and completely block the driver's view. Tesla has not even commented publicly on the two potential security flaws, writes CNBC.

But Tesla has informed NHTSA that the company does not know of any examples that the two faults have been the cause of accidents with personal injury or serious damage to the cars.

Video games while driving NHTSA has already been after Tesla because a one-year-old update in nearly 600,000 cars has made it possible to play computer games on the car's TV screen while driving.

The feature is intended as a service for the front passenger, but according to NHTSA, there is an obvious risk that it will also distract the driver.

Tesla has taken that criticism to heart and has just made an update, which means that you can only play on the car's TV screen when the car is stationary, writes the tech magazine ArsTechnica.

• Like 1

Great to see that in US they have agency which puts companies such as Tesla in it's deserved place. I still think Tesla should be liable for their "autopilot" failures because it is not product which should be sold to consumers yet as it is completely not ready to be used. 

4 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

Is it the new lithium crystal batteries from Panasonic?  I cannot read the article it’s restricted to subscribers.

No, it's to do with the wheels coming loose, nothing electric related.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I imagine Toyota are much relieved the problem is “only” mechanical.  The alternative would have been a PR disaster and a possible return to the drawing board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

I imagine Toyota are much relieved the problem is “only” mechanical.  The alternative would have been a PR disaster and a possible return to the drawing board. 

Yes, very glad it's not related to the new electric tech but even so must be a tad embarrassing, something so fundamental as keeping the wheels attached!! 

A Toyota spokesman said:  “If a wheel detaches itself while driving [you] can lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents”.  I have sympathy for the guy but I think I could have worked that out for myself.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Aha OK, that’s good, well relatively so, hopefully something as silly as low torque setting on the line?

Bet they’re hoping it’s that simple!

47 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

A Toyota spokesman said:  “If a wheel detaches itself while driving [you] can lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents”.  I have sympathy for the guy but I think I could have worked that out for myself.  

Seriously, that was in a press release? 🤣

19 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Seriously, that was in a press release? 🤣

It absolutely was.  I’ve lost the reference but it was either the BBC or the NYT news app.  Unless it’s now been dropped from the headlines you should easily be able to find it along with other tasty examples of the spokeperson’s art.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links