Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It is with a sad heart that my ownership of five consecutive V8 cars is coming to an end. But with petrol approaching £9 a gallon and a heavy right foot, it’s time to say goodbye. 
I’ve accepted a very reasonable trade in price, so there should be a 2017 red carbon RCF coming onto the market shortly. 
Thanks to Lexus Swindon and Hedge End for their support over the last three years. 
Enjoy your cars. 
I’ve got a pair of standard exhaust rear boxes, a spare plastic top engine cover and a set of used floor mats in the garage. 
And, no we haven’t gone electric, just a left field French coupe. 
Au revoir 

Rompy

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rompy said:

It is with a sad heart that my ownership of five consecutive V8 cars is coming to an end. But with petrol approaching £9 a gallon and a heavy right foot, it’s time to say goodbye. 
I’ve accepted a very reasonable trade in price, so there should be a 2017 red carbon RCF coming onto the market shortly. 
Thanks to Lexus Swindon and Hedge End for their support over the last three years. 
Enjoy your cars. 
I’ve got a pair of standard exhaust rear boxes, a spare plastic top engine cover and a set of used floor mats in the garage. 
Au revoir 

Rompy

Alpine?

1 hour ago, Rompy said:

Enjoy your cars. 
Au revoir 

Rompy

Such a lovely colour, someone is going to be lucky!

4 minutes ago, L55 RCF said:

I’ll still pop over mate at some point if that’s ok? Would love to see the Alpine. 

Yes of course. Changeover day is Friday next week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Alpine?

Nice one. 

Tamora - don’t see many of those! I’ve driven Tuscans, T350s but never a Tamora.

I test drive an Alpine. The one I drove didn’t have adjustable seats - didn’t suit me at all. But definitely another special car.

I fear you won’t be the last to leave the F fold. Tough times round the corner

47 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Nice one. 

Tamora - don’t see many of those! I’ve driven Tuscans, T350s but never a Tamora.

I test drive an Alpine. The one I drove didn’t have adjustable seats - didn’t suit me at all. But definitely another special car.

I fear you won’t be the last to leave the F fold. Tough times round the corner

We’ve had to go up a trim level to get the (manual) adjustable seats. Wifey is 4’11” and I’m 6’2”. It’s always a deal breaker whether we can both get comfortable in any new car. Will miss the memory seats in the Lexus, but pleased we can both drive the Tamora and Alpine. Time will tell whether we have made the right decision about losing the V8. Truth is we seldom use the back seats of the RCF so two seaters should be more fun for us. At least while we can still get in them!

Alpine is a go-cart, where a V8 is more or less a sofa.

Not that our company car MB 300SEL 6.3 was slow, or did not handle OK, but it was a sofa and not at all a go-cart - not really funny - quiet - no noise. Long time ago. Now a CT is all we need.

They must be good...

The Gendarmes bought 20 of them to replace their megane RS pursuit cars. £50K each brand new.

Les 26 Alpine commandées pour la gendarmerie nationale seront produites à Dieppe.

Les 26 Alpine commandées pour la gendarmerie nationale seront produites à Dieppe. - Photo Paris-Normandie

La rumeur était insistante. Et si les prochaines voitures rapides d’intervention de la gendarmerie nationale étaient des Alpine ? Le ministère de l’Intérieur a mis fin au suspense mercredi 13 octobre 2021 : 26 Alpine A110 Pure ont été commandées et seront affectées à des missions de sécurité routière et de police judiciaire sur autoroute, raconte La Voix du Nord. Deux d’entre elles sont dédiées à la formation en intervention rapide.

Équipées chez Durisotti à Sallaumines

Dans sa première finition, celle commandée par la gendarmerie, l’A110 est proposée au catalogue à 48.666 euros hors taxes (58 400 euros TTC). Comme toutes les Alpine, elles seront fabriquées dans l’usine Renault de Dieppe (Seine-Maritime) mais leurs équipements spécifiques seront installés par le carrossier Durisotti à Sallaumines, près de Lens. Par le passé, Alpine a déjà fourni des berlinettes A110 et des A310 à la gendarmerie.

Les Alpine succéderont aux Renault Mégane RS restantes mises en service à partir de 2010 et qui devaient être remplacées par des Leon de chez Cupra (l’ancienne branche sportive de Seat) dont les livraisons ont été interrompues après que ce choix a fait polémique.
L’A110 Pure est le modèle d’accès à Alpine avec un moteur 1,8turbo de 252ch. C’est une propulsion, tout en alu, qui se distingue par son poids plume (autour d’une tonne). Ce qui en fait une auto performante, agile et terriblement plaisante à conduire pour un prix « client » de 58400€ hors options.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links